India-Forums

-StoriesByRabindranathTagore- DiscussionThread (Page 8)

candy02 Goldie
candy02
candy02

Posted: 08 July 2015 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Neerja you are spot on. The tune of this song was being used in latest "Parineeta" by Shantanu Moitra. This song was influenced by a Scottish song "Ye Banks & Brae" by Robert Burns. It's originally a part of Kabiguru's geetinatya "Kaalmrigaya", which depicts the death of Shravan Kumar by King Dasharathha's shabdvedi arrow while the former was collecting water for his blind parents from Saryu river in dark.

Edited by chandrima02 - 08 July 2015 at 10:22am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.VIMAL.SMNeerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 08 July 2015 at 10:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Madhura..

Brilliant thread guys, Sayanee thank you for letting me know!!
I will try to see the show, Rabindranath Tagore his writings were indeed brilliant, which is an understatement, I have read very few, but few poems I have, cos of the language constraint too, Translations many times dilute the impact/

Here i agree with you . Translation looses the essence of the original . 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.candy02Madhura..VIMAL.SM

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 08 July 2015 at 10:32am | IP Logged
              What is the meaning of "Chokher Baali") . Whether its Sharat or Tagore , I found woman character strong  not crying buckets of tears . Found them to be dignified whether it resulted with pain . Here Binodini being the young and how left to readers to understand her physically yearnings when she watches both of newly weds and Asha telling her little details about her time spent with her husband . Somewhere Binodini going through  fighting so many of demons of her conscious . The hindi version i read there they both have common name Aankh ki Kirkiri and this was the name of the novel also . 

sillage.candy02VIMAL.SM

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 08 July 2015 at 10:43am | IP Logged
 Is this is the song ..
 Robert Burns .

Ye Banks & Braes LYRICS

Same music is in Charulata Movie ...

Phule Phule Dhole Dhole

This song is an extraordinary adaption of Robert Burns's ( Famous Scottish Composer) -ye banks and braes o' bonnie doon. Tagore adapted it so amazingly.

Edited by Neerjaa - 08 July 2015 at 10:47am

sillage.candy02catharsisVIMAL.SM

candy02 Goldie
candy02
candy02

Posted: 08 July 2015 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Yes, you are again correct regarding the songs. In the 2nd clip it's being sung by Madhabi Mukherjee herself in Satyajit Ray's rendition of "Nashtaneerh" ("Chaarulata")

sillage.catharsisVIMAL.SMNeerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 08 July 2015 at 11:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chandrima02

Yes, you are again correct regarding the songs. In the 2nd clip it's being sung by Madhabi Mukherjee herself in Satyajit Ray's rendition of "Nashtaneerh" ("Chaarulata")

I recently read the book in hindi but knew from the story that it was Charulata . I always wanted to know the end .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

candy02

candy02 Goldie
candy02
candy02

Posted: 08 July 2015 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Regarding the meaning of "Chokher Baali", I have written this to Vimal w.r.t. his identical question: 
It's an idiom in Bengali language. It means something which hurts your eyes in literal sense (Chokh = Eye, Baali = Sand). The inner meaning is someone who has been an obstacle in one's life, who can't be easily got rid of. An enemy, in a nut shell, whom one hates like anything but can't directly call an enemy and revolt against.

Not only Rabindranath Thakur or Sarat Chandra Chattyopadhyay; almost all the Bengali authors have created very strong female characters in their literary works. Author Jarasandha (real name : Charu Chandra Chakraborty) was a jailer in his real life in British India and almost all his novels are factual accounts of various criminals he has encountered while discharging his duty. Astonishingly, his novels have got female characters, whom the society pinpoints as criminals, who are extraordinarily strong and with loads of self-respect. While reading the same you would eventually end up teary-eyed and sympathizing with those so called "criminals"'. You can yourself try "The Voyage" ("Paadi"), "Louhakapat", "Tamashi" etc., if you get the English translations. "Tamashi" has been immortalized by Bimal Ray through his "Bandini". "Paadi" was also being converted into a movie. You would be able to find the same on YouTube.

Edited by chandrima02 - 08 July 2015 at 3:20pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

LoonyLunasillage.SayaneeH.LectercatharsisNeerjaa

Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 08 July 2015 at 11:34am | IP Logged
hi guys, aar aamaar priyo bongobaashi bondhuder nomoshkar.

sillage.candy02Neerjaa

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Epic Channel Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index