India-Forums

   

-StoriesByRabindranathTagore- DiscussionThread (Page 29)

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Joined: 06 August 2010
Posts: 17848

Posted: 11 August 2015 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SayaneeH.Lecter

Originally posted by Neerjaa

Originally posted by DurgaS

Originally posted by Neerjaa


DD national airs old movies on sundays at 12 and then 3 pm . Now noo channel shows the old black and white movies , Only DD shows classics . I also saw the old Bengali movies on DD decades ago when  i do not understand Bangla . But now can understand a little . Attached to Bengali literature ,

 
Hello Neerjaa. Zee Classic is a movie channel that caters to only old movies. We can find some good classics being telecast regularly. Smile

Hardly any in weeks and that to is  shown so many times . Yes DD national   shows classics most of the time at 12 and 3 on sundays . For Zee classic even nonsense movies are classics ,  Yes have seen Gurudutt's and few on DD only 


I have seen some films directed by Gurusdutt but didn't watch his masterpieces - "pyasa" & "Kagaz ke Phool" .. my sis watched the second film multiple times .. anyway I read his biography "A Life in Cinema" .. his life was like a cinema itself .. at a certain period while reading I forgot that it was a biography and not a tragic novel .. in the stories of Pyasa & KKP he left some of himself .. I was in tears by the end of the book 
 Kagaj ke phool was kind of his own story , beautiful made and BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY by Mr.V.K.Murti .picturization of Waqt ne kiya kya haseen Sitam was inspired by some foreign film , the play of lights . This was flopped initially and broken Gurudutt . But later on it was one of the best classics .

I have seen both the Hindi movies you mentioned above .. Will listen to the songs you have mentioned . I love to weave the characters in old songs . I would like to read his biography .Reading is my first hobby but now has taken back seat .
 
 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SayaneeH.Lecter

MS-meghasharma IF-Sizzlerz
MS-meghasharma
MS-meghasharma

Joined: 13 November 2006
Posts: 18594

Posted: 12 August 2015 at 12:12am | IP Logged
saw khokababu story yesterday and i loved loved it. it was beautiful & an  emotional roller coaster ride.

 it was a very touching story. it's my fav one after kabuliwala. the devotion of ram towards the  family and then the guilt which drives him apart from his own family. he didn't even looked at his son or wife while she was in labour and then suddenly a turn of events occur where his own son calls him channa and from there his life changes again.the way he raises his son as his master's son fulfilling all his wishes despite all the financial problems they suffer from. it was sad to see his own blood treating him quite rudely and evaluating his love & care for money. the ending was sad but i loved this story a lot. it was indeed touching.

acting was good and i loved the bg too. it gives a different feel to the show and story. looking forward for next one


Edited by MS-meghasharma - 12 August 2015 at 12:12am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-.Merit.-Neerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Joined: 06 August 2010
Posts: 17848

Posted: 12 August 2015 at 12:30am | IP Logged
 Just saw the next story  'Samapti' (The End)  . And it reminded me of movie Uphaar with Jaya bhaduri based on Tagore,s this novel . The film was selected as the Indian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 45th Academy Awards . Beautiful story . Liled the actors playing Anoop and Mnoo.  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-.Merit.-

DurgaS IF-Dazzler
DurgaS
DurgaS

Joined: 12 February 2013
Posts: 3953

Posted: 12 August 2015 at 2:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Neerjaa

Originally posted by SayaneeH.Lecter

Originally posted by Neerjaa

Originally posted by DurgaS

Originally posted by Neerjaa


DD national airs old movies on sundays at 12 and then 3 pm . Now noo channel shows the old black and white movies , Only DD shows classics . I also saw the old Bengali movies on DD decades ago when  i do not understand Bangla . But now can understand a little . Attached to Bengali literature ,

 
Hello Neerjaa. Zee Classic is a movie channel that caters to only old movies. We can find some good classics being telecast regularly. Smile

Hardly any in weeks and that to is  shown so many times . Yes DD national   shows classics most of the time at 12 and 3 on sundays . For Zee classic even nonsense movies are classics ,  Yes have seen Gurudutt's and few on DD only 


I have seen some films directed by Gurusdutt but didn't watch his masterpieces - "pyasa" & "Kagaz ke Phool" .. my sis watched the second film multiple times .. anyway I read his biography "A Life in Cinema" .. his life was like a cinema itself .. at a certain period while reading I forgot that it was a biography and not a tragic novel .. in the stories of Pyasa & KKP he left some of himself .. I was in tears by the end of the book 
 Kagaj ke phool was kind of his own story , beautiful made and BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY by Mr.V.K.Murti .picturization of Waqt ne kiya kya haseen Sitam was inspired by some foreign film , the play of lights . This was flopped initially and broken Gurudutt . But later on it was one of the best classics .

I have seen both the Hindi movies you mentioned above .. Will listen to the songs you have mentioned . I love to weave the characters in old songs . I would like to read his biography .Reading is my first hobby but now has taken back seat .
 
 
 
Ha ha Neerjaa. I agree there are some movies that are old but not gold. But, I am happy with Zee classic. Quite many yesteryear movies that I wanted to watch, I could watch here. 

Sayanee, I have seen Kagaz ke phool and Pyaasa. Mindblowing movies both. In fact, all Guru Dutt movies are exemplary. Yes, KKP is based on his own story. Undoubtedly a classic, but it didn't do very good business and I heard that it affected Guru Dutt very much leading to his depression. The song 'Bichde sabhi baari baari', grips the heart everytime. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaa

DurgaS IF-Dazzler
DurgaS
DurgaS

Joined: 12 February 2013
Posts: 3953

Posted: 12 August 2015 at 2:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Neerjaa

 Just saw the next story  'Samapti' (The End)  . And it reminded me of movie Uphaar with Jaya bhaduri based on Tagore,s this novel . The film was selected as the Indian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 45th Academy Awards . Beautiful story . Liled the actors playing Anoop and Mnoo.  
 
Yes, it was Uphaar. I loved that movie. Jaya Bhaduri was too good. Yesterday, I didn't realise that it was this story. When it ended, I thought  the story got over, but was confused because the next story didn't start. Only after reading about the story on the net, did I realise that there was more to the story. Silly me. LOL 

Yes the actors are very good. Aptly cast. I enjoyed watching Savita Prabhune play a Bengali character (Anup's mother). Have seen her a lot in the Marathi field so this was quite amusing. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-.Merit.-Neerjaa

-.Merit.- Senior Member
-.Merit.-
-.Merit.-

Joined: 07 December 2014
Posts: 947

Posted: 12 August 2015 at 6:21am | IP Logged
Loved the first episode of Samapti. Some scenes were really cute like when Apoorva offers his hand to help Mrinmoyi get down from the tree but she doesn't accept his hand and manages to get down herselfLOL ,When she steals his shoes...Lol
The other scene that was very impactful was when Apoorva asks Mrinmoyi- 'Tum mujhe thoda bhi pasand nahi karti?' and she replies aggresively -'Ek choti sui jitna bhi nahi...' (something like that ..don't remember the exact words) 
The hurt in Apoorva's eyes could be seen easily. 

It also raises some serious issues like child marriage.While  Mrinmoyi was not a child but she was definitely not  prepared for marriage and the responsibilities that come with it. But she was still forced into marriage. To her, marriage was an end of her freedom.

Also I feel I might be crushing on Apoorva...LOL He's such a sweet husband.
 Can't wait for next episode!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.SayaneeH.LecterNeerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Joined: 06 August 2010
Posts: 17848

Posted: 12 August 2015 at 8:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -.Merit.-

Loved the first episode of Samapti. Some scenes were really cute like when Apoorva offers his hand to help Mrinmoyi get down from the tree but she doesn't accept his hand and manages to get down herselfLOL ,When she steals his shoes...Lol
The other scene that was very impactful was when Apoorva asks Mrinmoyi- 'Tum mujhe thoda bhi pasand nahi karti?' and she replies aggresively -'Ek choti sui jitna bhi nahi...' (something like that ..don't remember the exact words) 
The hurt in Apoorva's eyes could be seen easily. 

It also raises some serious issues like child marriage.While  Mrinmoyi was not a child but she was definitely not  prepared for marriage and the responsibilities that come with it. But she was still forced into marriage. To her, marriage was an end of her freedom.

Also I feel I might be crushing on Apoorva...LOL He's such a sweet husband.
 Can't wait for next episode!

Its a beautiful story . Till now she is tomboyish and Anoop shown to be patient man and how  she  transforms and realizes her being a woman . Just watching after few minutes Uphaar came to mind . That was Barjatya  ,s movie who used to make that time simple sweet movies with some meanings . 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-.Merit.-sillage.

-.Merit.- Senior Member
-.Merit.-
-.Merit.-

Joined: 07 December 2014
Posts: 947

Posted: 12 August 2015 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Neerjaa

Originally posted by -.Merit.-

Loved the first episode of Samapti. Some scenes were really cute like when Apoorva offers his hand to help Mrinmoyi get down from the tree but she doesn't accept his hand and manages to get down herselfLOL ,When she steals his shoes...Lol
The other scene that was very impactful was when Apoorva asks Mrinmoyi- 'Tum mujhe thoda bhi pasand nahi karti?' and she replies aggresively -'Ek choti sui jitna bhi nahi...' (something like that ..don't remember the exact words) 
The hurt in Apoorva's eyes could be seen easily. 

It also raises some serious issues like child marriage.While  Mrinmoyi was not a child but she was definitely not  prepared for marriage and the responsibilities that come with it. But she was still forced into marriage. To her, marriage was an end of her freedom.

Also I feel I might be crushing on Apoorva...LOL He's such a sweet husband.
 Can't wait for next episode!

Its a beautiful story . Till now she is tomboyish and Anoop shown to be patient man and how  she  transforms and realizes her being a woman . Just watching after few minutes Uphaar came to mind . That was Barjatya  ,s movie who used to make that time simple sweet movies with some meanings . 
I'll definitely watch that movie. I watched Kabuliwala movie too and loved it...I'm sure Uphaar will be equally good Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaa

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Epic Channel Topic Index

  • Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index