India-Forums

-StoriesByRabindranathTagore- DiscussionThread (Page 27)

-.Merit.- Senior Member
-.Merit.-
-.Merit.-

Posted: 07 August 2015 at 1:47am | IP Logged
Eagerly waiting for next story LOL
Sayanee di, can you please tell us what the next story will be about? 
I googled Khokababu but couldn't find anything about the story

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.

SayaneeH.Lecter IF-Dazzler
SayaneeH.Lecter
SayaneeH.Lecter

Posted: 07 August 2015 at 5:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -.Merit.-

Eagerly waiting for next story LOL
Sayanee di, can you please tell us what the next story will be about? 
I googled Khokababu but couldn't find anything about the story

The name of the original short story is "Khokababur Pratyaborton" - "The Return of Khokababu" .. It's a story of a servant  and took care of his kid. "Khokababu" he would call the kid and serve him with sheer dedication. Sadly, the boy died accidentally when he was with the protagonist [don't remember the name] .. his master's wife accused him of stealing the kid. His master didn't believe in such allegations but had to fire him. After a few years, he returns to his master's house to return the lost/dead child. 

I tried to give the summary skipping the twist so that I don't spoil the surprise. It's a heartwrenching tale that will spellbound you with its exceptional development. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-.Merit.-sillage.Neerjaa

SayaneeH.Lecter
SayaneeH.Lecter

Posted: 07 August 2015 at 5:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by riti4u

Thanks for link Sayanee..i have read the story in school and i remember a movie too but i was confused with ending...I thought Mini doesnt recognise him... and thats sad part of ending...where he thinks that his daughter too wont recognise him..but here Mini's dad just gave him money when he comes back ..n that was the end..Confused

Here Rahmat cried thinking Sana will be as old as Mini, here too Mini didn't remember him initially .. I think Anurag Basu's version wasn't that clear with the recognization part but focused on the fact that at that moment the realization strikes Rahmat that he has missed his daughter's childhood forever .. the money giving part was in the story. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-.Merit.-sillage.Neerjaariti4u

SayaneeH.Lecter
SayaneeH.Lecter

Posted: 07 August 2015 at 5:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Neerjaa

I grew up in Haryana but fond of literature from school days and had some shopkeeper who had all literature whether in Hindi or in other language .Now in Delhi ,   Yes got interested in Bengali literature .I love the language . I love the music and the actors of that old era . You will find it funny that i love to bring the old melodies with some of todays actors who I think just gel with that era . I made some on Bengali songs and got translated in English from someone . But I understand little bit of Bengali .Loved these songs as someone asked me and gave me links . Do not know if it fits or not but was keen to use these ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYOvB54x_Z4      This one is fromSonar Khancha  Aparna Sen & Uttam Kumar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGvfDJ0TskU.    Teen Bhuboner Pare:(1969) Soumitra chatterjee and  Tanuja. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgUYXLiZLtA;   Deep Jele Jai . with Suchitra Sen, and then Kohra in Hindi had the same music. 
I just understand music as it has no language you just have to feel .

All these songs are amazing Neerja .. the 1st one "Ei Poth Jodi Na Ses Hoy" from Saptapadi is my personal favorite .. I am a huge fan of Uttam-Suchitra pairing .. no onscreen couple even created such enigma ever .. they were just made for each other .. if you love these songs you can search any Hamanta Kumar and Sandhya Mukherjee songs .. they were musical voice of these pair .. and I too am a fan of classic Bengali movies and songs ..  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.Neerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 07 August 2015 at 11:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SayaneeH.Lecter

I grew up in Haryana but fond of literature from school days and had some shopkeeper who had all literature whether in Hindi or in other language .Now in Delhi ,   Yes got interested in Bengali literature .I love the language . I love the music and the actors of that old era . You will find it funny that i love to bring the old melodies with some of todays actors who I think just gel with that era . I made some on Bengali songs and got translated in English from someone . But I understand little bit of Bengali .Loved these songs as someone asked me and gave me links . Do not know if it fits or not but was keen to use these ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYOvB54x_Z4      This one is fromSonar Khancha  Aparna Sen & Uttam Kumar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGvfDJ0TskU.    Teen Bhuboner Pare:(1969) Soumitra chatterjee and  Tanuja. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgUYXLiZLtA;   Deep Jele Jai . with Suchitra Sen, and then Kohra in Hindi had the same music. 
I just understand music as it has no language you just have to feel .

All these songs are amazing Neerja .. the 1st one "Ei Poth Jodi Na Ses Hoy" from Saptapadi is my personal favorite .. I am a huge fan of Uttam-Suchitra pairing .. no onscreen couple even created such enigma ever .. they were just made for each other .. if you love these songs you can search any Hamanta Kumar and Sandhya Mukherjee songs .. they were musical voice of these pair .. and I too am a fan of classic Bengali movies and songs ..  

I was given the links of the song and then she also translated the songs . I love Suchitra Sen in Bombay Ka Babu with Dev anand . This movie had very lilting , beautiful musical score . 
 Give any link which i can understand 
was looking at some songs . 

DurgaS IF-Dazzler
DurgaS
DurgaS

Posted: 10 August 2015 at 5:59am | IP Logged
Hello all, here's some great news. On 15th Aug, Epic Channel would be having a marathon of Stories by Rabindranath Tagore. Which means, they will be playing all episodes back to back all day. So from Chokher Bali to Vafadar, all episodes being repeated. Smile 

Btw, they seemed to have renamed Khokababu as Vafadar. Wonder why. 

Sayanee, thanks for the briefing on Khokababu. I think I have seen a similar story in an old regional movie. Can't recall which one but story seems familiar. 

Broken Nest was brilliant. What beautiful songs. Amrita Puri was very good except I thought she overdid at some places. They released the audio of one of the songs. 

Looking forward to today's Khokababu or Vafadar, whatever they might call it. What's in a name as long as it's Tagore. Smile

Edited by DurgaS - 10 August 2015 at 5:59am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-.Merit.-sillage.Neerjaa

DurgaS IF-Dazzler
DurgaS
DurgaS

Posted: 10 August 2015 at 6:06am | IP Logged

DD national airs old movies on sundays at 12 and then 3 pm . Now noo channel shows the old black and white movies , Only DD shows classics . I also saw the old Bengali movies on DD decades ago when  i do not understand Bangla . But now can understand a little . Attached to Bengali literature ,

Hello Neerjaa. Zee Classic is a movie channel that caters to only old movies. We can find some good classics being telecast regularly. Smile
-.Merit.- Senior Member
-.Merit.-
-.Merit.-

Posted: 10 August 2015 at 6:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DurgaS

Hello all, here's some great news. On 15th Aug, Epic Channel would be having a marathon of Stories by Rabindranath Tagore. Which means, they will be playing all episodes back to back all day. So from Chokher Bali to Vafadar, all episodes being repeated. Smile 

Btw, they seemed to have renamed Khokababu as Vafadar. Wonder why. 

Sayanee, thanks for the briefing on Khokababu. I think I have seen a similar story in an old regional movie. Can't recall which one but story seems familiar. 

Broken Nest was brilliant. What beautiful songs. Amrita Puri was very good except I thought she overdid at some places. They released the audio of one of the songs. 

Looking forward to today's Khokababu or Vafadar, whatever they might call it. What's in a name as long as it's Tagore. Smile

That's great news di. 
I can watch Atithi as I couldn't watch it when it was telecasted.
Thank you for letting us know and for sharing the song Smile Shaan has sung this so beautifully! Heart

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Epic Channel Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index