India-Forums

-StoriesByRabindranathTagore- DiscussionThread (Page 20)

Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 24 July 2015 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
sorry, only the detecive.

SayaneeH.Lecter IF-Dazzler
SayaneeH.Lecter
SayaneeH.Lecter

Posted: 28 July 2015 at 9:43am | IP Logged
So anybody watched Kabuliwala?? want to share few words?? Needless to say I am still crying .. it was not as brilliant as the old Bengali movie but brilliant nonetheless. The impact on me is no less .. the good part is in AB's version we see Mini's father more what I like after all Mini's father's perspective signifies Gurudev's perspective. If only they used "Sasurbari" reference one more time or used a Rabindrasangeet it would have been more beautiful .. it's my POV only, no offence 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

LoonyLuna-.Merit.-sillage.VIMAL.SMNeerjaa

sillage. Goldie
sillage.
sillage.

Posted: 28 July 2015 at 9:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SayaneeH.Lecter

So anybody watched Kabuliwala?? want to share few words?? Needless to say I am still crying .. it was not as brilliant as the old Bengali movie but brilliant nonetheless. The impact on me is no less .. the good part is in AB's version we see Mini's father more what I like after all Mini's father's perspective signifies Gurudev's perspective. If only they used "Sasurbari" reference one more time or used a Rabindrasangeet it would have been more beautiful .. it's my POV only, no offence 

Couldn't watch it,will have to catch the repeat!

Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 28 July 2015 at 9:55am | IP Logged
i watched it and it was realy briliant.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.

Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 28 July 2015 at 9:59am | IP Logged
the next story is 'the punishment'.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.

LoonyLuna Senior Member
LoonyLuna
LoonyLuna

Posted: 28 July 2015 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Kabuliwaala left me crying...One of the best stories of Rabindranath Tagore..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-.Merit.-VIMAL.SM

VIMAL.SM IF-Sizzlerz
VIMAL.SM
VIMAL.SM

Posted: 29 July 2015 at 12:26am | IP Logged
I missed the ending of The Punishment.Can any one say what was the ending did Mini was given death sentence or her husband elder bro accepted his crime.
SayaneeH.Lecter IF-Dazzler
SayaneeH.Lecter
SayaneeH.Lecter

Posted: 29 July 2015 at 2:27am | IP Logged
I am gonna watch the episode tonight at 8 .. I couldn't remember if I read a story named "Punishment" .. but seeing your question I feel AB did a modification of the story "Sasti" - punishment is the exact English translation of it. Also, he modified a bit and established the story in a middle-class family. In reality, the story was based on a working class set-up.

If this is true, then I don't know why AB joined two stories and made Mini protagonist of the show .. the tragedy of the story will be doubled when I feel it's Mini, Kabuliwala's Khokhi who went through it. 

I will let you know the ending after I watch the episode .. if it AB is following "Sashti" then the girl will die 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-.Merit.-VIMAL.SMNeerjaa

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Epic Channel Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index