Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: SayaneeH.Lecter

I have not read "Noshtoneer" and though I have watched Satyajit Ray's version I don't remember it scene by scene [just because I watched it much ago]. So, I am receiving this in a fresh mind. So far I liked it. Charulata's loneliness and her transformation in Alom's  arrival is depicted  beautifully. Their common interests, love for music [literature in story], easy banters brought Amol & Charulota close - forming an exceptional platonic relation, more than friends but can't be directly defined by love. 

I loved all Amol-Charulata scenes .. The guy playing Charu's husband is not old but it's okay as that doesn't change anything significant. One thing that absolutely overwhelmed me was the cinematography .. garden scenes were treat to eyes, specially when Amol gave the paper to Charu and she kept in her book. The yellow flowers, the greenery, the BG tune - everything was merging into a symphony so natural. Loved it. 

About music, Rabindra-Sangeet "Jodi tare nai chini go" is used .. just for information, famous song "tere mere milan ki ye raina" from the movie "Abhimaan" is actually borrowed the tune from this song. 

I agree with you on many points . Beautifull done the outdoor scenes and when Amol is singing and then Charu joins him . I loved the songs , lyrics and all . Bimal Roy  made so many movies based on Bengali culture and specially the music by SD Burnman , Salil Choudhri , Hamant Kumar . I am non Bengali . 
In these kind of relationship there is very thin line  which steadily turns in to love . Both having the same love for poetry , nature also comes there . 

sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@AmitSaxenaX you are absolutely right we regret taking mini's character from Kabuliwala to Shasti

Tweet by AB
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Anuraag Basu is on Twitter?? I had no idea .. so I can tweet him directly
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Watched Tagore's story after a long time so thought of commenting here...
Loved Broken nest .. Felt bad for both charulata and her husband.I remember while we were watching this show..my Dad said..how deep Tagore's thinking of characters is..its amazing actually... to find empathy even with charu's character when she probably has fallen for another guy inspite of being married.. though you do feel bad for husband..but you dont really get angry on charu too.. Poor her husband..I felt bad for him...when he wanted to give charu company..she was still a loner with him...😭 and indeed he was too...Sometimes things go too far..and it is not anybody's fault.. just circumstances probably...
sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: SayaneeH.Lecter

Anuraag Basu is on Twitter?? I had no idea .. so I can tweet him directly

Yup..he is there on twitter. His handle is @basuanurag.
Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: riti4u

Watched Tagore's story after a long time so thought of commenting here...

Loved Broken nest .. Felt bad for both charulata and her husband.I remember while we were watching this show..my Dad said..how deep Tagore's thinking of characters is..its amazing actually... to find empathy even with charu's character when she probably has fallen for another guy inspite of being married.. though you do feel bad for husband..but you dont really get angry on charu too.. Poor her husband..I felt bad for him...when he wanted to give charu company..she was still a loner with him...😭 and indeed he was too...Sometimes things go too far..and it is not anybody's fault.. just circumstances probably...

That is exactly how I feel. I felt really bad for Charu's husband.  The financial fraud by Charu's brother did hurt him because it shattered his dream of running a newspaper. But I think it didn't break him yet because he knew he had his Charu with him. Charu was his support, his strength. But when he realised he has lost Charu that is when he really breaks from the inside. He knows that no matter how many times he tries to bond with his wife, to save his relationship it's not going to help.

At the same time you sympathise with Charu as well. The lonely wife. Music was not only her love but it was something very precious to her. Something that should be shared with people you love only, not with everyone. It was music only that brought happiness in her lonely life and Amal was the one who brought music in her life. That is why Amal is special to her. You feel bad for Bhupati but can't really get mad at Charu.

Also I feel that Bhupati was of the opinion that money is the only thing that can give you happiness. Yes money is necessary but real happiness comes when you spend time with people you love. I think this is what Rabindranath Tagore wanted to convey through this story. I could be wrong but this is what I understood.

riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: -.Merit.-

That is exactly how I feel. I felt really bad for Charu's husband.  The financial fraud by Charu's brother did hurt him because it shattered his dream of running a newspaper. But I think it didn't break him yet because he knew he had his Charu with him. Charu was his support, his strength. But when he realised he has lost Charu that is when he really breaks from the inside. He knows that no matter how many times he tries to bond with his wife, to save his relationship it's not going to help.

At the same time you sympathise with Charu as well. The lonely wife. Music was not only her love but it was something very precious to her. Something that should be shared with people you love only, not with everyone. It was music only that brought happiness in her lonely life and Amal was the one who brought music in her life. That is why Amal is special to her. You feel bad for Bhupati but can't really get mad at Charu.

Also I feel that Bhupati was of the opinion that money is the only thing that can give you happiness. Yes money is necessary but real happiness comes when you spend time with people you love. I think this is what Rabindranath Tagore wanted to convey through this story. I could be wrong but this is what I understood.

I somehow felt that Bhupati had sensed Charu's lonliness and perhaps thus introduced her to Amol.. He was affected only when charu was affected with Amol's absence...earlier when she had amol as her friend ,teacher whatever u can call...bhupathi had not bothered..since she was happy.. but after Amol is gone.. Bhupathi realises that charu has gone too far away.. I  kind of felt more bad for Bhupathi..I mean he tries to play music ..write poetry and do what he could for charu.. and ultimately realises that Amol has taken up a special place in her life... and he could never fill that void which he left ..

Though in end Bhupathi leaves ..he says whenever you will write to me..i will come back.. and infact stops once to ask her to come along... he really loved her... just probably got late in understanding what makes her happy..Ouch
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
I missed first 15 minutes thanks to an unwanted important person πŸ˜‘ and I don't have the book or DVD of the film so plz someone tell what happened at the beginning before Amol came to know about Bhupati's business failure. 

@Merit I think Bhupati was not running behind money .. it was his dream to start a news paper .. basically he is a very honest and simple-minded guy who wanted Amol to befriend Charu as she is lonely. Bhupati was caring about Charu but it didn't come out to Charu. Not her fault, she and Amol shared a special bond what she couldn't find in Bhupati. 

The tragedy is in this story nobody is wrong .. it's only the circumstances that went wrong. Episode was well acted and the crisis is well depicted. In the Bengali movie Soumitra Chatterjee played Amol who is not only a great actor but the most handsome man in my eyes .. this Amol definitely lacks that godly good looks, and baritone but I liked him. Very spontaneous actor I must say. The actress looked beautiful. I always thought young Vidya Balan will make perfect Charulata, she looked like Vidya. The actor playing Bhupati looked much young but he stood out in few scenes. Overall, I am very impressed .. Anurag Basu take a bow.
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
@Riti hey welcome back .. you missed Kabuliwala .. that was a must watchπŸ˜”
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Ohh I forgot to say .. Next Story - "Khokababu" - I guess based on "Khokababur Pratyabartan" - The Return of Khokababu. Legendary Bengali actor Uttam Kumar played the role with such perfection it's difficult to forget. However, Jai Sengupta, the actor playing the protagonist is a good actor and Basu will direct him right. 

BTW one warning- after Kabuliwala again be ready with tissues or buckets .. it will be needed πŸ˜†