Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Jodha Akbar: Love And Belonging (Page 3)

BeaBea Goldie
BeaBea
BeaBea

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 7:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Charu.S

Hi Beatrice,

Awesome write-up applying Maslow's Hierarchy of needs on some of the Royals of Agra. You have said it all so very well. Clap

Self--actualization which is a key aspect of Maslow's theory in developing a well rounded individual seems to be lacking in both Salim and Rukaiyya. Even to this day, in spite of being married to Akbar for several years, Rukaiyya's chameleon-like personality really has no spiritual connection or basic good purpose in life. At least that is how the Creatives have chosen to portray her.

As for Salim, self- realization is yet to come. Since he has been crowned Shah-i-Shah and has realized his parents' love for him, I am going to assume that his sense of belonging and self esteem are in good space now. However, he has a long way to go pertaining to his self awareness and achieving a set ambition in life. So far the only main goal for him is to make Anarkali MEH. I think this aspect of his persona may reach its zenith, due to a doomed love affair with Anarkali . Marriage to Maan Bai may open door to actual self realization and spirituality for him. 

Enjoyed reading your views. 

Hello Charu,

Thank you very much. Smile

At bold this is what took me straight back to my Psychiatry books, I said wait a minute I study this kind of character  in college and there and behold I found her there ever since then I have been looking a the symptoms and signs only.

The moment I saw her in some scene she took that afeem  to cool down and also said now her target is Salim I said oh boy she is getting close to show all the S&S.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Charu.S

Go to top