Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Jodha Akbar: Love And Belonging (Page 2)

BeaBea Goldie
BeaBea
BeaBea

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 7:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SindhuMenon

Beautifully Written and loved Reading it. Thank you for making this wonderful post.

Once Jalal got married to Jodha, he started to see the good qualities of Jodha and slowly starts to fall in love with her, though he was attracted to her prior to marriage itself. The good nature of Jodha Brought him emotionally closer to her. Same goes to Jodha as well. Her hatred for him slowly started to change as soon as she started to see that the person whom she thought to be cruel also had a positive side. Both started to drain energy from each other and move ahead in life.

Ruks got stuck with her position and Jealousy and always felt self sympathy for her. This self sympathy which turns into jealousy can only make you go in the wrong path. In life its always easy to blame others and say this happened because of that person or any incident. Mocking and Criticizing in a negative way only Projects ones own weakness . Its never going to affect the other Person as God is always there to Protect them. It only pulls you down further and become bad in the eyes of God. The hard part is how to learn to move on in life barring these hurdles. Thats where Jalal and Jodha succeeded and Ruks Failed...

Sindhu, thank you.

Yes, the learning, evolving processes was on both sides. It was never a one way issue and that is why both Jodha and Jalal have been able to overcome so many things together. Jodha had to do some changing herself to  get fulfilled and so did Jalal.

At bold, exactly and she is still in that same spot for years and has not gotten any fulfillment as her agenda is unrealistic.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Charu.Sayushimehrahistory_geekSindhuMenon

YD.AH IF-Addictz
YD.AH
YD.AH

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 7:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BeaBea

Originally posted by .chandni.

nice post

Thank you Chandni Smile
Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

BeaBea

history_geek IF-Rockerz
history_geek
history_geek

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 5:59am | IP Logged

Wonderful post Bea, written from a psychological angle.

I am not is a position to write much , everyone's points are well written. But would congratulate you for putting the characters and fitting them into Maslow's table. :)

Just try for a post with Cognitive Evaluation Model, too. I would like to see how you put Ruqs into that, and judge her based on intrinsic motivators and extrinsic causatives. :-P

Interestingly, intrinsic motivators tend to be higher on the Maslow hierarchy table also. :)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Charu.SBeaBeaSindhuMenon

BeaBea Goldie
BeaBea
BeaBea

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by history_geek

I am not is a position to write much , everyone's points are well written. But would congratulate you for putting the characters and fitting them into Maslow's table. :)

Just try for a post with Cognitive Evaluation Model, too. I would like to see how you put Ruqs into that, and judge her based on intrinsic motivators and extrinsic causatives. :-P

Interestingly, intrinsic motivators tend to be higher on the Maslow hierarchy table also. :)

Thanks Abhay,Smile

That will be very interesting, my friend I tell.  As I have been looking at this character in the Behavioral Sciences only for a while now.  Time  is not on my sided but may surprise you.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

history_geekSindhuMenon

BeaBea Goldie
BeaBea
BeaBea

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by history_geek

Abhay,

I am posting this here like I mentioned,  I have been using the characters as case study for Academic purpose.

And  Ruky interest me most in that direction and I have come to the diagnostic conclusion that she is showing signs of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) I am still evaluating though as the Serial goes on to see if am right.

The Key features of this disorder are:

Problems with regulating emotions and thoughts.

Impulsive and reckless behavior.

Unstable relationships with other people.

Marked Symptoms are varying but the few this character has shown so far to me are the following.

Extreme rage or frantic actions.

Stormy relationships with family and loved ones  (extreme dislike / anger).

Distorted and unstable self-image or sense of self ( which can result in sudden changes in feelings, opinions values or plans and goals).

Impulsive behavior

Substance Abuse

Chronic feelings of emptiness (May feel angry and distressed over minor separations of people to whom they feel close to)

With a lot more am waiting to see if this character will show all of them then I can say hmm I got it right.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ayushimehrahistory_geekSindhuMenon

crystalwings Goldie
crystalwings
crystalwings

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Totally indepth analysis - loved the way you showcased Ruk's personality disorder LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

BeaBeaSindhuMenon

Charu.S Goldie
Charu.S
Charu.S

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 9:53am | IP Logged
Hi Beatrice,

Awesome write-up applying Maslow's Hierarchy of needs on some of the Royals of Agra. You have said it all so very well. Clap

Self--actualization which is a key aspect of Maslow's theory in developing a well rounded individual seems to be lacking in both Salim and Rukaiyya. Even to this day, in spite of being married to Akbar for several years, Rukaiyya's chameleon-like personality really has no spiritual connection or basic good purpose in life. At least that is how the Creatives have chosen to portray her.

As for Salim, self- realization is yet to come. Since he has been crowned Shah-i-Shah and has realized his parents' love for him, I am going to assume that his sense of belonging and self esteem are in good space now. However, he has a long way to go pertaining to his self awareness and achieving a set ambition in life. So far the only main goal for him is to make Anarkali MEH. I think this aspect of his persona may reach its zenith, due to a doomed love affair with Anarkali . Marriage to Maan Bai may open door to actual self realization and spirituality for him. 

Enjoyed reading your views. 

Edited by Charu.S - 15 May 2015 at 9:53am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

BeaBeaayushimehrahistory_geekSindhuMenon

BeaBea Goldie
BeaBea
BeaBea

Posted: 15 May 2015 at 6:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rexniko

Totally indepth analysis - loved the way you showcased Ruk's personality disorder LOL

Thanks so much Rexniko, this Character interest me very much. Her mood swings are amazing LOL

Go to top