Reporters
Reporters

Episode 19 : The Nature of Compromise

AeDilHaiMushkil IF-Rockerz
AeDilHaiMushkil
AeDilHaiMushkil

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 12:10pm | IP Logged

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST

The Author have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to Members Only.

New Visitors Register Now to view the content of this post. As a member you will also be able to participate in our discussions and its FAST & FREE!

Members, please Sign-In.

If you are a member and already logged in. Please hit "Refresh" on your web browser as it might be showing you the cached copy (from previously saved file from Temporary Internet Files).

The following 23 member(s) liked the above post:

nimmi26renjinivarmaDarkchocolateSereneJoysweety1994shantellbrownLuvmayurmaneetLuv-IKNMPMyselfMihuShanaya_MaNanWinnDefLeppardZannat.EternalStars.life93Pihu.k11.Rinnie.HydroxyGroupAAKMH2violetteMalikaMaha149sirimiri

Zannat. IF-Dazzler
Zannat.
Zannat.

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Love your post. Thank you so much Smile
Maha149 IF-Sizzlerz
Maha149
Maha149

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
Love it
Malika IF-Sizzlerz
Malika
Malika

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
You summarized that pretty well Avni. I won't say much tonight as the epi actually made me little disheartened (not disappointed though). I am happy that issues are arising between KaYa (not the couple but the professionals) and this is just gonna lead them towards the next stage of trying to understand each others work dynamics, natures and thought processes better, but the fact that in some way they are currently standing on opposite sides of the fence does dishearten the KaYa fan within me.

Both are disappointed within themselves, not just because they have been left alone, but also because the person they wished or at least expected support from is the one standing in the path of their goals. It's no longer a question of right or wrong, it's more about the lack of communication between two individuals with different perspectives and experiences in life, working towards similar ends. And that is particularly what leads to the lack of trust. This time around without any speculation, I just wanna see the dynamics of their next interaction. And I just pray and hope its not one-sided. I DONT want Kabir to be proved totally correct and Ananya totally at fault like it was in Nidhi Rane case where she was shown to be too impulsive and impatient. I want him to realize that if others need to have more trust in him, even he needs to work for building that trust. As of now we don't know his wife much, but whatever we know of her, one thing is for sure, she had trust issues with him. And thus somewhere she does not appear at fault to me. Kabir comes across as a person who does NOT work on relationships. He is someone who expects the wavelength and understanding to be implicit and natural, which also explains why he is so comfortable with kids, who can gauge the difference between real and fake very easily. But Kabir does need to realize that sometimes to make people confide into you, you need to give them a reason. And this is where he faltered.

Last but not the least, I do feel Arman might have been at the party, may be unknowingly but he was there. Lets see how cvs fit this angle into the Mahi case. And not to forget, I want to confess, I never loved Malvika as much as I did tonight. Of all the people at KKN, she is the one who could see the reason of friction between KaYa, it's the fact that both of them are just ALIKE! Stubborn as hell and true to their beliefs! They would give up on anything but what they believe in.

Ok now I should stop...did I say I wont say much in the beginning Stern Smile

Edited by Malika - 13 May 2015 at 1:21pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SereneJoyeternalashaZannat.AeDilHaiMushkil

AeDilHaiMushkil
AeDilHaiMushkil

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Malika

You summarized that pretty well Avni. I won't say much tonight as the epi actually made me little disheartened (not disappointed though). I am happy that issues are arising between KaYa (not the couple but the professionals) and this is just gonna lead them towards the next stage of trying to understand each others work dynamics, natures and thought processes better, but the fact that in some way they are currently standing on opposite sides of the fence does dishearten the KaYa fan within me.

Both are disappointed within themselves, not just because they have been left alone, but also because the person they wished or at least expected support from is the one standing in the path of their goals. It's no longer a question of right or wrong, it's more about the lack of communication between two individuals with different perspectives and experiences in life, working towards similar ends. And that is particularly what leads to the lack of trust. This time around without any speculation, I just wanna see the dynamics of their next interaction. And I just pray and hope its not one-sided. I DONT want Kabir to be proved totally correct and Ananya totally at fault like it was in Nidhi Rane case where she was shown to be too impulsive and impatient. I want him to realize that if others need to have more trust in him, even he needs to work for building that trust. As of now we don't know his wife much, but whatever we know of her, one thing is for sure, she had trust issues with him. And thus somewhere she does not appear at fault to me. Kabir comes across as a person who does NOT work on relationships. He is someone who expects the wavelength and understanding to be implicit and natural, which also explains why he is so comfortable with kids, who can gauge the difference between real and fake very easily. But Kabir does need to realize that sometimes to make people confide into you, you need to give them a reason. And this is where he faltered.

Last but not the least, I do feel Arman might have been at the party, may be unknowingly but he was there. Lets see how cvs fit this angle into the Mahi case. And not to forget, I want to confess, I never loved Malvika as much as I did tonight. Of all the people at KKN, she is the one who could see the reason of friction between KaYa, it's the fact that both of them are just ALIKE! Stubborn as hell and true to their beliefs! They would give up on anything but what they believe in.

Ok now I should stop...did I say I wont say much in the beginning Stern Smile

Aww.. Hug Here's a biigwala hug from one disheartened shipper to the other.. 
I purposely avoided voicing it out coz I feel its too early to judge them.. And also coz I don't want that thought to settle into my head.. Too much heartache! 

But yes, Kaya are drifting further away.. Although they might understand each other better post this fiasco, the fact remains that they're so alike, and so they will always clash, come what may.. 
Coz Kabir although fair and mature, he is very guarded and vulnerable too.. So, the moment she does something that affects Kabir, the boss, Kabir shall take ten steps back to alienate himself from her, and the risk of her unraveling him.. 
While Ananya lost in her own principles and challenges, may not even realise it, until it's too late.. 

Like you said, there is only one way to avoid all of that.. Communication between them! 
Agreed that Kabir is waay too hurt to let a woman into his life, but she can always be a friend or even a companion who through her innocent actions shall compel him to take a closer look at himself.. 

They need to be able to convey their thoughts to each other.. For now, professionally to begin with.. 
And I really really hope that we get to witness a conversation between the duo, where neither apologises and yet they reach a middle ground, or perhaps Ananya does but isn't proven wrong by him.. 

He certainly is a complex man.. TBH, I feel he comes across as being arrogant when he flippantly dismisses Khalid at times.. 
Like Khalid/Malvika said to Ananya, the same applies to Kabir too.. He's employed by them.. The fact that he runs a channel independently is a feat! 

But he's gotta start functioning like a team.. 
If the juniors do not understand him, and his stance he needs to make himself heard.. 
Only then can they all function like a well-oiled machine.. 

He needs to stop shutting out people.. only once he realises that everyone isn't as heartless and deceitful as his ex-wife, will he be able to move on.. he needs to slowly let go of the shackles he has tied around his feet.. 

other than that, the pace and execution is brilliant as always.. 

God forbid, but if Armaan is indeed caught, Ananya will have a dilemma to face..
Since Inspector Khurana is the arresting officer, she might have to turn to Kabir for help.. 
In the event of their recent arguments and showdown, I wonder how that shall play out.. 

ONe thing I do not want to watch is Ananya's integrity being compromised for the sake of her brother.. Coz Kabir in his anger, and diljala avatar may do or say things that shall haunt her even more.. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Zannat.Malika

sirimiri IF-Stunnerz
sirimiri
sirimiri

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 5:58pm | IP Logged
Awesome analysis...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Zannat.AeDilHaiMushkil

violette IF-Rockerz
violette
violette

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 11:01pm | IP Logged

Actually I really loved the discussions and also realized how tough for a writer is to write something really good and something that works and clicks with audience!Embarrassed

Honor is a term tht Ananya holds in a really high regard.  Its not just only about humanity its also about human dignity.  She has seen in past the bitter humiliation of her father, the media trail he was put through, the mental agony he suffered and we still don't know whether he is convicted and is in jail or is absconding out of fear!  If it's later it wud b really a pitiful state for Ananya and it wud justify her extremely emotional reaction to such hard-hitting issues!

I wud not yet term her as noble.  A kind selfless helpful being yes! Truthful and courageous definitely!

If it aint for an agenda nobody would be working at KKN!  But there shud b a why and what for behind an agenda.  Till now we got clear glimpse of superficial characters and characters with a purpose at KKN.

Khalid is obviously more concerned about his reputation, his comforts, thn the channel.

Malvika is solely dedicated to her channel's betterment.

Kabir is a thorough professional who wants to excel at whatever he does.

Ananya wants to bring forth the truth, the justice and help raise othe voice of those who cannot or would not!

Richa is a practical girl.

Ronnie is a minding-my-own-business kinda guy, not ambitious or driven like Ananya.

Manav is a typical insecure unsatisfied employee who cannot look beyond his personal agenda.

Rohan wants to b popular than even Kabir.

For Trisha, its a time pass.

And among these, we have two individuals who connect with each other in one sense and yet are poles apart in other sense.

Its tough and Kabir has not totally ruled Ananya out as of yet.  Now I feel he wudnt b that harsh on her.  If he had to, he cud've when he was attacked personally.  I was actually surprised to learn that he actually tried to understand Ananya.  He has high hopes on her but certainly his trust is not shaken coz he knows in his heart that she is true!  Its just that he loves being referred to as Hitler and expects the same authoritarian dictate over his troops!  And Ananya is clearly a rebel and with a brain of her own!  Such warriors r always tough to handle!LOL

As for Khalid, I was really surprised that he did not fire her right away!  We shud have a questionnaire poll on that!LOL

but I loved the way Ananya answered when he took the matter to her father!Embarrassed  Not the arrogance part obviously but not tolerating any mean words!  She conveyed that rightly and more politely!

My My Khalid can use some term as Kamini.. it was a shocker!LOL  He is not as sophisticated as he pretends to be!LOL

As for the duty vs ethics ask a criminal lawyer or a judge or even doctor!  Every job has its own ethics but when it clashes with ethics of humanity, its always tough to chose.  And I still stand by Ananya in this matter!  However hard Kabir wud try me to convince, I wudnt be convinced!LOL

The code of conduct in corporate world is like unspoken rule.  Seldom the rulebook policies are adhered.  Its like college.  Thers always concession to the rules, but if you flout them openly, you are doomed!LOL  Kabir tolerated Ananya's.  Its hard to keep her disciplined!LOL  And No Kabir is not here to babysit her.  This baby has her own brain and she wudnt sit still!LOLLOLLOL

Kabirs outrage the way he did was kind of on expected lines.  One he had a backup plan in mind when he told Laxman to follow her.  Two, he gauged her daring before blasting out with open guns on her!  My my she dodged his every bullet!LOL 

Kabir would never rely on other's actions for his own plans.  He knows how to get work from his team.  He knows how to handle Khalid, Manav, and Malvika.  The one that stumps him everytime is probably Ananya with her emotional antics.

I could imagine his frustrated face when Khalid talked about Anany's mental moral problems regarding Mahi issue!  LOLLOL

I feel Kabir has not orchestrated the raid he had just used Badshah as a resource to breaking news.  We will see wat happens on that front with Armaan.

And Yes its time for Khalid to learn the lesson.  He is hitler of KKN and he commands complete loyalty and trust!

As for now I have no complaints either with Kabir or Ananya or the director or even writer!LOL

Edited by violette - 13 May 2015 at 11:28pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AeDilHaiMushkil

AeDilHaiMushkil
AeDilHaiMushkil

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by violette

Actually I really loved the discussions and also realized how tough for a writer is to write something really good and something that works and clicks with audience!Embarrassed

Honor is a term tht Ananya holds in a really high regard.  Its not just only about humanity its also about human dignity.  She has seen in past the bitter humiliation of her father, the media trail he was put through, the mental agony he suffered and we still don't know whether he is convicted and is in jail or is absconding out of fear!  If it's later it wud b really a pitiful state for Ananya and it wud justify her extremely emotional reaction to such hard-hitting issues!

I wud not yet term her as noble.  A kind selfless helpful being yes! Truthful and courageous definitely!

If it aint for an agenda nobody would be working at KKN!  But there shud b a why and what for behind an agenda.  Till now we got clear glimpse of superficial characters and characters with a purpose at KKN.

Khalid is obviously more concerned about his reputation, his comforts, thn the channel.

Malvika is solely dedicated to her channel's betterment.

Kabir is a thorough professional who wants to excel at whatever he does.

Ananya wants to bring forth the truth, the justice and help raise othe voice of those who cannot or would not!

Richa is a practical girl.

Ronnie is a minding-my-own-business kinda guy, not ambitious or driven like Ananya.

Manav is a typical insecure unsatisfied employee who cannot look beyond his personal agenda.

Rohan wants to b popular than even Kabir.

For Trisha, its a time pass.

And among these, we have two individuals who connect with each other in one sense and yet are poles apart in other sense.

Its tough and Kabir has not totally ruled Ananya out as of yet.  Now I feel he wudnt b that harsh on her.  If he had to, he cud've when he was attacked personally.  I was actually surprised to learn that he actually tried to understand Ananya.  He has high hopes on her but certainly his trust is not shaken coz he knows in his heart that she is true!  Its just that he loves being referred to as Hitler and expects the same authoritarian dictate over his troops!  And Ananya is clearly a rebel and with a brain of her own!  Such warriors r always tough to handle!LOL

As for Khalid, I was really surprised that he did not fire her right away!  We shud have a questionnaire poll on that!LOL

but I loved the way Ananya answered when he took the matter to her father!Embarrassed  Not the arrogance part obviously but not tolerating any mean words!  She conveyed that rightly and more politely!

My My Khalid can use some term as Kamini.. it was a shocker!LOL  He is not as sophisticated as he pretends to be!LOL

As for the duty vs ethics ask a criminal lawyer or a judge or even doctor!  Every job has its own ethics but when it clashes with ethics of humanity, its always tough to chose.  And I still stand by Ananya in this matter!  However hard Kabir wud try me to convince, I wudnt be convinced!LOL

The code of conduct in corporate world is like unspoken rule.  Seldom the rulebook policies are adhered.  Its like college.  Thers always concession to the rules, but if you flout them openly, you are doomed!LOL  Kabir tolerated Ananya's.  Its hard to keep her disciplined!LOL  And No Kabir is not here to babysit her.  This baby has her own brain and she wudnt sit still!LOLLOLLOL

Kabirs outrage the way he did was kind of on expected lines.  One he had a backup plan in mind when he told Laxman to follow her.  Two, he gauged her daring before blasting out with open guns on her!  My my she dodged his every bullet!LOL

Kabir would never rely on other's actions for his own plans.  He knows how to get work from his team.  He knows how to handle Khalid, Manav, and Malvika.  The one that stumps him everytime is probably Ananya with her emotional antics.

I could imagine his frustrated face when Khalid talked about Anany's mental moral problems regarding Mahi issue!  LOLLOL

I feel Kabir has not orchestrated the raid he had just used Badshah as a resource to breaking news.  We will see wat happens on that front with Armaan.

And Yes its time for Khalid to learn the lesson.  He is hitler of KKN and he commands complete loyalty and trust!

As for now I have no complaints either with Kabir or Ananya or the director or even writer!LOL

That's the point.. Instead of proclaiming her as a rebel, Kabir has now gotta understand why she is one, and what makes her one,.
Coz like you pointed out, she's not going to hang up her boots, even if somehow proven wrong in this instance.. LOL

If Kabir has to work with his stupid reporter in the future without clashes that bruise the reputation of the channel, and their respective egos, he will have to be the mature one and give in.. Or that's what I would love to watch.. 

While on the other hand, I feel this whole story isn't about Mahi, or Kaya's clash - It's entirely focused on Ananya.. 
Personal convictions based on moral grounds often display strength of character, and like you, I too stand by Ananya for what she did.. 

But as a journalist, she cannot afford to let her emotions get in the way of her work.. Clearly, Ananya is on a learning curve, and it's time she picks up the nuances of the business, from like-minded people around her.. 

Kabir, or even Khalid aren't wrong in this case.. They're just being practical, and we're assuming that they're not sensitive to Mahi's plight.. 
But that's not the case.. 

I only have one complaint, or rather worry.. I do not want KaYa to go back to square one.. Coz that would break my fangirl heart.. Silly

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

violette

Go to top