uma and her character.....

pyaaribehna thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Agreed  Amaya is  a "piece of work" spoilt and stupid. 
But  spilling hot tea on her and then asking "is it burning?" is a nasty thing to do . 

Uma who is she visiting Mantu and his house so often that too in a sheher like Banaras? 

And then what problem does she have with Amaya who stayed there only because Mantu requested her? 

And on top of that Mantu he is terrible he tells them not to "fight" . He does not even ask  whether Amaya is "ok" after hot tea spilt on her. 

It is like two women fighting like two cats fighting. 

What Uma did was wrong even if she was jealous of any girl talking to Mantu. When Mantu invites Amaya  what is the point in Uma getting jealous? 

How can she stop Mantu from talking to anyone even other girls? 

The whole scene was nasty and on top of that Uma asking "is it burning? " to Amaya and then Mantu telling them to stop fighting. 

What does anyone think? 
Edited by pyaaribehna - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Uma is a typical ' dusri aurat 'of our TV land. Its actually a perfect example of how TV treats its women characters. For Uma loving Montu is her birth right and for the same reason Montu too has to reciprocate the feeling she has for him. Very convenient and easiest recipe of heart break. She reminds me of Konkana's character in Aaja Nachle. Only, Konkana was the lead there, at least in the play.
Uma and Mantu seem to be childhood friends. Uma share a special bond with Montu and his younger brother. She helps them with household chores and unknowingly she has earn a right to interfere even in Montu's personal life.  She is so much obsessed with her place in that house that she cannot think anyone else taking it. For a grown up girl like Uma, such activities are really alarming because you cannot stop two mature and grown up people from falling in love.

Uma has no parents either? Its interesting she is always with these brothers and no one is bothered about her.

I would not blame her alone. Its even Montu's fault. He never thought that way. There should be a limit to how much a person can influence you. There should also be a limit on how much help you take from a person. Unfortunately, free lunches cost more. 
Edited by dey.bh - 8 years ago
pyaaribehna thumbnail

Originally posted by: dey.bh

Uma is a typical ' dusri aurat 'of our TV land. Its actually a perfect example of how TV treats its women characters. For Uma loving Montu is her birth right and for the same reason Montu too has to reciprocate the feeling she has for him. Very convenient and easiest recipe of heart break. She reminds me of Konkana's character in Aaja Nachle. Only, Konkana was the lead there, at least in the play.

Uma and Mantu seem to be childhood friends. Uma share a special bond with Montu and his younger brother. She helps them with household chores and unknowingly she has earn a right to interfere even in Montu's personal life.  She is so much obsessed with her place in that house that she cannot think anyone else taking it. For a grown up girl like Uma, such activities are really alarming because you cannot stop two mature and grown up people from falling in love.

Uma has no parents either? Its interesting she is always with these brothers and no one is bothered about her.

I would not blame her alone. Its even Montu's fault. He never thought that way. There should be a limit to how much a person can influence you. There should also be a limit on how much help you take from a person. Unfortunately, free lunches cost more. 

Mantu is very much at fault. for using Uma as he does. But why are there no elders in anybody's house to keep tabs on these people. 

Even if Uma spilt tea by "mistake" which she did not  why does she not apologize or even Mantu apologises to Amaya for what happened in his house? 

Who has any rights on anyone even if Mantu and Uma were married still Uma has no right to spill  hot tea on Amaya who is a guest. 

Disgusting the way they show this nonsense. On top of that Mantu should take responsibility for what happened and take it up with Uma privately. 

Because he is using Jaz for his personal benefits. through Amaya of course he helps them. But still he has to take responsibilty for what happened. 

Thanks for replying 
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
The way she behaves terribly annoying. Whenever she says 'wah beta' it simply gets on my nerves. I would like to see her in a better way. The makers want a jealousy track or a love triangle and I am okay with it. Thoda reasonable chize dikhao na. 
pyaaribehna thumbnail

Originally posted by: dey.bh

The way she behaves terribly annoying. Whenever she says 'wah beta' it simply gets on my nerves. I would like to see her in a better way. The makers want a jealousy track or a love triangle and I am okay with it. Thoda reasonable chize dikhao na. 

Uma may have been childhood friend of Mantu. Does not mean she has any right over him or any right to be the only girl in his life or marry him by right. 

As for "love triangle only if there is love only then there is triangle. As of now there is no "love" between Mantu and Uma or Mantu and Amaya of course there is no love between Amaya and Uma. (of course you silly (talking to myself)) 

This childhoold nonsense has become a staple in many tv serials almost all serials. 

Uma has to clarify with Mantu about their relationship before she spills tea on Amaya. 

Fighting does not get anyone a life partner. That is what I am meaning to say. 
Edited by pyaaribehna - 8 years ago
pyaaribehna thumbnail
Uma should clarify with Mantu where she stands with him what their relationship is etc before she throws tea on Amaya or anyone else . 
If she is only friends with Mantu still she cannot "control" Mantus friendship with Amaya. If she is "lover" to Mantu then too she cannot control Mantu inviting Amaya to his house or entertaining her in his house. 

Because nobody has any right to control other's friendships  or even love affairs even if they are that person's lawfully wedded wife or fiancee or whatever. 

If a person is somebody's lover even so they decide to get friendly with someone else  the fiancee lover cannot spill hot tea and threaten the other person. 

At the most it breaks the relationship of the first couple  threatening does not work and is an ugly thing to do much less to show on tv. 

Tomorrow Uma might think of cutting off Amaya's long hair just to spite her will they show that too on tv?

Uma can say "sheher ki ladki" why should she have long hair etc etc blah blah .. and it is a dirty nasty thing to do. for the sake of trp they show all this nonsense on tv it is a wrong thing to do.  
ItsAlia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
pyaari behna... welcome.. seeing you for the first time on this forum...!!πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

coming to ur post i don't think she did this intentionally.. and she felt sorry for her.. but yaaa i could see the jealousyπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
pyaaribehna thumbnail

Originally posted by: Alia_Sehgal

pyaari behna... welcome.. seeing you for the first time on this forum...!!πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

coming to ur post i don't think she did this intentionally.. and she felt sorry for her.. but yaaa i could see the jealousyπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

yeah jealousy.. of course jealousy is what makes the serial go around. πŸ˜†

Yes Uma says she did not do that "intentionally" still Mantu should say sorry. also Uma should apologise more and for the life of me I cannot understand how she came like a wild bison and banged straight into Amaya. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I  did not like the way Amaya's character shaped initially but now I feel sorry for her. and did like it when Uma of all people spilt hot tea on her. 

The rest of them I would have understood it is not intentional. But not Uma. I don't know why. 

Mantu should "control" her more don't you think? This is Benaras you know. Here people will understand Mantu should "control" self appointed all in all Uma. and her behavior.