Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Priyanka: Did Quantico to break Indian stereotypes in American culture (Page 7)

kitkataha IF-Rockerz
kitkataha
kitkataha

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Not sure why she's so concerned about American Indians, given that she has never lived in America (two years is not enough) nor is she familiar with the traditions. Indians in America are doing just fine, we do not need her to bestow us with any favors. I rather have a born/brought up Indian, like Mindy, attempt to defy stereotypes than a wannabee like her. Just say that you want to market yourself to a wider platform, hence the American TV show.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MeherbaanG..OATDB_reloadedMallika-E-Bhais

Mallika-E-Bhais IF-Addictz
Mallika-E-Bhais
Mallika-E-Bhais

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rosetreasures

I'm a long time Shona lover...Grey's Anatomy & Mer-Der and all of that so already have seen HTGAWM :) ...Viola is amazing as Annalise Keating but damn I was not expecting that season finale LOL

Yep...Bellamy plays Mellie so well. Initially Mellie was just the wife who ignored "poor" Fitz but really there are so many layers to her! And I just love how Bellamy emotes with her facial expressions. Especially when Mellie is breaking down...there is something so raw about it. 

Olivia is lame...and I'm pretty much done with her Papa Pope drama. Portia has been phenomenal though! Especially when she walks...that lady's got some swagger lol

Oh I've never been a fan , I only watch HTGAWM. Viola, Jack, Conrad, Annalise & Coliver = Breathtaking!!!! <3 

Yes there is an innocent sort of cunning on her face, you actually empathise with her- Very difficult to do with a character like hers but this is the difference between a Kerry & a Bellamy, lol!! Love the way she plays her, she's so bloddy talented. 

Ikr, I watched a few clips & I was so impressed by Portia! She's such a good actress! I used to love Arrested  Develeopment, so watched her there too & she was as good. She should come more on tv.

Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 13 May 2015 at 12:07pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

charismatic-gem

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
I think people are being too harsh here. Her American accent may not be perfect..but I'm not too sure why everything seems to start and end there? I thought her acting was fine in the trailer..and more importantly, to bag an American show in this time and age is pretty impressive. She's also the lead of this show. Even, Aishwariya couldn't bag anything of such sorts during her time trying to take India global or whatever. Priyanka is probably the only Indian actor who is actually making it international..no other Bollywood actor has gotten such commercial work..and I think it's commendable for PC. If this was Salman Khan or SRK, all their fangirls would be rejoicing and here all you see is people nitpicking PC's accent. Whether or not the show works, gets canceled, gets renewed etc is a different story..but, I like PC's intent and I hope the show works out for her..

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

rombixsaturnswati82anonymous39dhartiambercharismatic-gemZeal17HotFuzzPiyatrixViccoTurmericChippeshwini26javeyCrazy.BeautifulMallika-E-Bhais

IAmLuvBolly IF-Dazzler
IAmLuvBolly
IAmLuvBolly

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by BeinCumberbitch

Originally posted by IAmLuvBolly

Originally posted by bafflingtulip

I'm sure the Hollywood celebs appreciate them etc. but the western media shows very little interest in anything that isn't European/American. That's why I'm curious to know while we deem SRK/Ash to be 'global' , we are only really referring to NRI's? How many Europeans/Americans actually know them is something I am curious about!

The average movie going American who is not of Middle Eastern or Indo-Pak decent has no clue who SRK or Aishwarya or Amitabh Bachchan are. The closest they've come to anything Bollywood has been Jai Ho from Slumdog Millionaire, and Bend It Like Beckham a few years ago. But quite a few popular American TV shows have either Indian or American-Indian actors. So Americans are very accepting of artists of Indian decent or any other background. But the material presented to them has to be relatable to them. Bollywood really isn't.
You shld reviews on Netflix abt BW movies..
Esp DDLJ...there a lot of American audience familiar with Indian actors n actresses..
Things are changing for the better :)

Things are definitely changing, but I don't believe at a significant enough rate. Nothing online, whether Netflix or message forums are an accurate indication of the general audience. I live, went to school, and work in what is considered a middle class mostly, but not all, Caucasian suburbs of a big metropolitan American city. None of my friends, coworkers or acquaintances have a clue what Bollywood is. My friends know I listen to "Indian" music but that's about it.

But going back to you saying things are changing, American Suburbia is also getting an increase of Asian population so they are becoming part of the consumers and the supply is changing accordingly. One town over from me the theater shows big Bollywood films for one weekend. HNY and Bang Bang were each shown for one weekend. PK was an anomaly because it was running for several weeks twice a day showings. Nothing has been shown since PK.
Rekha_ji IF-Dazzler
Rekha_ji
Rekha_ji

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
David Guetta is from France not Sweden! Embarrassed
Good on her. Love what she does. More power to her etc...

But I just wish she didn't make the comment about the script initially being written for an "All American Girl" who is obviously "White" - this is a huge mis-concept. 
ViccoTurmeric IF-Sizzlerz
ViccoTurmeric
ViccoTurmeric

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
Its really frustrating when your own people don't support you
Each and every international outlet, media and every ABC viewer on social network has praised the trailer and PC in specific, saying sh eis beautiful, she is strong performer, she is so hot!

When will we stop cribing and when will we start enjoying our lives? Wonder when... Whine people whine
--L-- IF-Stunnerz
--L--
--L--

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 2:17am | IP Logged
Checked reddit , imdb n other us tv site
Hardly any comments or hype about it
mostly indians tweeting n blogging
Let's see how it goes
though it's on ABC so gonna be a generic show

Go to top