Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: bafflingtulip

Yeah they are only brand ambassadors. Also considering the population of our country it is pretty shocking at the low number of Indian movies that have been showcased at Cannes. 

I'm sure the Hollywood celebs appreciate them etc. but the western media shows very little interest in anything that isn't European/American. That's why I'm curious to know while we deem SRK/Ash to be 'global' , we are only really referring to NRI's? How many Europeans/Americans actually know them is something I am curious about!

In my experience, I have definitely met Europeans and people of other nationalities who watch Bollywood movies and like them. Not everyone, but you'll meet some who have good awareness about Indian entertainment.

I.e. I'm from the Philippines, and everrryonee here has watched and loved 3 Idiots. My friend said they showed it in of their university classes, and she can sing Zoobi Doobi like a pro lol

But I believe Indian media makes a mountain out of a molehill of it. I remember it being a news article that SRK is officially more famous than Tom Cruise, when it was only about Google stats for the month or something.

gohem123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Saw the trailer of Quantico...Must say PC you go girl...๐Ÿ‘  first time an indian (not dev patel or freida) actor getting lead role in  a tv show..and her accent just like deepika, peecee will also improve in hollywood...she has to do more movies, albums or tv shows..
Meherbaan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
She is so fake, she needs to cut the crap and get away with this wannabe attitude. She thinks by doing all this she will do well in the west. She needs to stop being so desperate, just be yourself PC and talk wit your real accent.
Her accent in Quantico is not at all american!
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

She never had an American accent.  Just because you don't sound like Abu from the Simpsons doesn't mean you automatically have an American accent.  Her accent has always been Indian.  As it is, she doesn't sound like a natural American in this show either.  Her speech pattern and flow is not natural, but she's trying really hard so good for her in that regard.

And I would have appreciated her attempt at fighting racism much more if she hadn't agreed to special make up and prosthetics to make herself look like Mary Kom.  I'm sure there are a lot of talented Indian artists with similar features to Mary Kom.  

correct
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

You already have an accent. Is that something you have retained on the show ?

I have never played an FBI agent. In fact, you will hear me speak in a more American accent than the one that I already have! Because to be a FBI agent, you need to be an American citizen, so it was very important for me to get that right. I had dialect coaching to sound even more American and how much I have laughed! Because I told them in India anyway people think I have an accent, now with Quantico, that's on some other level

haha why is she so delusional๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by DB_reloaded - 8 years ago
_innocent_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Why does one have to have an accent anyway? They should stop focusing on her idiotic accent and focus on her work. One can migrate and still become an American which should have been shown in the show instead of them forcing this fake accent on her, which makes the entire promo sound extremely cringeworthy. 
Having said that, I want Quantico to do well and I look forward to seeing it, muting her voice for most part, until she become comfortable with her own voice.๐Ÿ˜†
Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
i didnt get one part... why was she made half asian half caucasian..

what characteristics of her matches to caucasian..
Karenina thumbnail
Watched the trailer. Was okay for today's standards. Not convinced by PC.

And, PC doesn't have an American accent. She has a hybrid accent that's neither American nor Canadian (or British) that foreigners pick through exposure to American/Canadian shows. In the show, at parts she tries to sport an American accent, but it sounds unnatural to me.

Can't blame her though. If the lead character is an American, born and bred, they'd have American accent - more so, which American accent is the key. Should have probably trained her as a hillbilly. Would have been hilarious. She's sporting a general American accent here. There are as many as 21 types of American accents.
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Kareenafanatic

Watched the trailer. Was okay for today's standards. Not convinced by PC.

And, PC doesn't have an American accent. She has a hybrid accent that's neither American nor Canadian (or British) that foreigners pick through exposure to American/Canadian shows. In the show, at parts she tries to sport an American accent, but it sounds unnatural to me.

Can't blame her though. If the lead character is an American, born and bred, they'd have American accent - more so, which American accent is the key. Should have probably trained her as a hillbilly. Would have been hilarious. She's sporting a general American accent here. There are as many as 21 types of American accents.

Ya, apparently there are!!!! UK accents are so distinctive & unique, American accents have always sounded the same to me!!! ๐Ÿ˜† You're right about PC but she doesn't have an Indian accent at all. Lara Dutta's isn't forced neither is Sush, Lara spoke like this even before being Miss India/Universe, it's a "convent accent" that she has. Sush's is crafted but she didn't have a typical Indian accent anyway. 
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
So much discussion on her accent?!

I'll say, people here in India, especially those who are too vain do speak with a weird fake accent. That is NOT American, Canadian or English...some crappy accent that each cooks up on his own. So PC's doesn't surprise me at all ๐Ÿ˜† neither does Madhuri's gloating over "Amerr-ica".