Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Don't see a future superstar in the young lot, maybe only Ranbir: KJo (Page 5)

zohasad2.0 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 2:49am | IP Logged
Right there.

You need so much more than JUST being there in films to become that. It'll take them years of practice, tonnes of success and a lot of failures.

Mallika-E-Bhais IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 3:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by IAmLuvBolly

Originally posted by B-TEX

Originally posted by IAmLuvBolly

The Khans have been at it for 25 years. It seems rather ridiculous to compare the 3-4 or 7-8 year old actors to people have had success for over two decades, even closer to three decades.  

As for Ranbir, I have no doubt that the main reason for him saying this was to pique people's interest to go see BV.  Personally I think Ranbir is over rated.  I don't necessarily think he has a bigger shot of becoming a superstar as opposed to others from his generation.  

As for why KJo brought SRK's personal life into this, I don't think he meant it as a negative commentary on SRK or how he handles his life and stardom. I think probably he meant that SRK really knows how to market himself where as Ranbir doesn't, nor does he care too.  At least that should be his explanation when the media ambushes him to explain himself LOL

It would be fun reading your posts during Ranbir-Alia's movie promotions. 

I'm still hoping for that movie to be shelved, or for Alia to drop out.  Or at the very least for RanKat to get married right before the release so all they attention would be on them.  Maybe I'll get lucky and Ayan will join all the promotions Big smile

OMG W*F is this?!!! OMG OMG OMG !!!!! 

This is too much. Just. Too. Much.

OT: Bir can't be compared to the Khans esp SRK. He's more in the mold of an Aamir just far more charming. No-one can be comparable to the khans actually that too after a couple of years as opposed to the khans decade of work but only Bir & Veer can be compared. Veer is more like a SRK. 

That said, only Bir & Veer can be the next superstars. No-one else comes close.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

KhanSinghKumar IF-Rockerz

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 3:02am | IP Logged
this kind of sayings from industry people has hampered ranbir's mind... let him work... i think he wants to be a great actor rather than superstar...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Chippeshwini IF-Sizzlerz

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 3:39am | IP Logged
I honestly do think it is death of the "superstar" now.

I really do think the Khans are the last of the breed, because from now on, I don't think audiences are going to care for jack-of-all-trade type heroes.

People are into different stuff now, different kinds of looks and appeals. The actors now too are catering to different appeals (at least I think so).

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Mages IF-Addictz

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 3:45am | IP Logged
superstar era is ending...the current focus is on performance oriented films...women oriented mangnificent directors...

Kjo is right in a way...there is no superstar in the current gen...they are talented and hardworking...but they don't have the style...persona...charm...screen presence that can beat the KHANS and throw them out of their thrones...they do not have in them...not everything is abt acting...good performance...there is another side of the coin style...charm...screen presence...the current gen lacks in it...the current gen are very poor in certain genre of films...they can't adapt themselves on other genres...they cannot mould themselves into other genres unlike KHANS...Akshay...who is an expert in all genres...if they can do a romance...they can do a negative character...they can do comedies and so on...they mould themselves in all genres...they have good sense of humour...the current gen lacks on this aspect...even RK is loosing his charm...he is a good actor definitely but not a superstar

I wonder how will BW look like when there is no KHANS era...i don't see the current gen scoring 200-300 crores club

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--Pro.vo.King-- IF-Dazzler

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 3:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by B-TEX

@  jibber-jabber: Yep :)

And i thought walkashame was you .. Ermm LOL

Originally posted by Mallika-E-Bhais

OMG W*F is this?!!! OMG OMG OMG !!!!! 

This is too much. Just. Too. Much.

More food for fodder..  ROFL J/K , i think Ayan is pretty much confirmed .. LOL

OT : Please , let it be true & once the Khans are gone , it would mean more quality driven cinema instead of the mindless superstar flicks .. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DB_reloaded IF-Addictz

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 3:52am | IP Logged
keep praising
adventurousman IF-Dazzler

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 7:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pallavi25

Khans era is ending, all 3 look old, tired and jaded. Once they cross 50, its over for them!
Era of Superstars is also ending. 
As many have predicted here, future of Bollywood will be content-driven, performance based movies from intelligent, thoughtful directors!

haha, people forget that aamir is already 50 Wink

and the other two will be 50 by year end and they will still rule next year

and aamir has been there for 27yrs while srk for 23yrs and yet they say, its been 25yrs for all 3 of them, no, not true.

Go to top