Don't see a future superstar in the young lot, maybe only Ranbir: KJo

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 8 years ago

Karan: Only Ranbir can be a superstar

Karan Johar may have started working with the younger lot of actors, but he doesn't see anybody good enough to be a superstar, definitely not at the level of the three Khans. "It's much simpler to work with the younger lot, but honestly I don't see a superstar in any of them," he is quoted saying. The only exception he makes is for Ranbir Kapoor. And even then he sounds cautious. "He's very different, he enjoys his private life. I don't know if he can go to the level of SRK. But then, perhaps, he'll be happier," he has said in an interview.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hiddenstar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
none of the younger lots have the appeal to be a superstar ...maybe a few years of growth will induce that in them 
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
that sounds about right.. maybe a good few years later maybe it might change..,
plus another major reason is that now the trend towards content driven movies are rising thankfully, and it may prevent there really being superstars who can put crap out and still get hits.. 
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
He's very different, he enjoys his private life. I don't know if he can go to the level of SRK. But then, perhaps, he'll be happier.

What does this even mean?😕 That SRK doesn't enjoy his private life & he is never happy in life? 😆
Edited by rogerrocks - 8 years ago
bollykudi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It takes years and years and lots of classics to become a superstar. Obviously, none of the younger lot are at that level yet. Even Ranbir has been losing his hype recently ;(
Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Nobody can replace SRK. And SRKs biggest asset is his personality which masses could connect with. And also being Mr. Romantic everybody felt in love with him through the kind of roles he has done which were similar so that these could establish him in that genre. I mention especially only SRK because he is worldwide more popular than the other two khans. I think Kjo only mentioned Ranbir because he is connected with him and him being a Kapoor but even if Ranbir was not private his personality is not unique and comes even across as boring. To click like SRK you have to be an entertainer which hes definetely not. And  to say about the new Gen. these guys should be for 20 years in the industry befor calling them Superstar and see what they reached till then.
Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
He is right that no one from young lot has the potential to beat Khans. Its not all about acting, dancing, or looks but also about that charm, style, screen presence, and wittiness. 
SRK, Salman, Aamir have their own strengths and weaknesses but they all share somethings like mind blowing screen presence and charm. No one from new lot has that charm not even ranbir! 

Mistyy thumbnail
basically he just said srk has no private life and is not happy😕
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
The Khans have been at it for 25 years. It seems rather ridiculous to compare the 3-4 or 7-8 year old actors to people have had success for over two decades, even closer to three decades.  

As for Ranbir, I have no doubt that the main reason for him saying this was to pique people's interest to go see BV.  Personally I think Ranbir is over rated.  I don't necessarily think he has a bigger shot of becoming a superstar as opposed to others from his generation.  

As for why KJo brought SRK's personal life into this, I don't think he meant it as a negative commentary on SRK or how he handles his life and stardom. I think probably he meant that SRK really knows how to market himself where as Ranbir doesn't, nor does he care too.  At least that should be his explanation when the media ambushes him to explain himself 😆
BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Saraa.

He is right that no one from young lot has the potential to beat Khans. Its not all about acting, dancing, or looks but also about that charm, style, screen presence, and wittiness.

SRK, Salman, Aamir have their own strengths and weaknesses but they all share somethings like mind blowing screen presence and charm. No one from new lot has that charm not even ranbir!

100% agreed ⭐️