Dosti.. Yariyaan.. Manmarzian

Arjun is Heathcliff!!! (Page 3)

EkPagliLadki Goldie
EkPagliLadki
EkPagliLadki

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Star_girl

Originally posted by PagliLadki

In fact a lot of similarities with Baazigar.
1. I guess Samaira's dad betrayed Arjun's dad or something like that. He knows the house well.
2. Trying to come close to the FL's dad by praising him and admiring his abilities. 
3. Planning to destroy FL and family but ending up falling for her somehow.
Would think of more similarities and add

Hey, good catch about Baazigar, only Arjun isn't as much a psycho as SRK was in the film lol. His attraction-repulsion with Samaira seems much more established too, unlike Baazigar where the revenge plot was the main theme. Here though, Samaira-Arjun is the main plot-point.
Feel free to add, great discussion! This forum doesn't offer much intelligent discussion yet so it was great having this conversation with you! 

Agree that it is a subtle version of Baazigar.
Had a good time discussing the show with you!Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

OmkaraKiParvatiStar_girl

OmkaraKiParvati IF-Sizzlerz
OmkaraKiParvati
OmkaraKiParvati

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 12:48pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Star_girl

In fact a lot of similarities with Baazigar.
1. I guess Samaira's dad betrayed Arjun's dad or something like that. He knows the house well.
2. Trying to come close to the FL's dad by praising him and admiring his abilities. 
3. Planning to destroy FL and family but ending up falling for her somehow.
Would think of more similarities and add

Hey, good catch about Baazigar, only Arjun isn't as much a psycho as SRK was in the film lol. His attraction-repulsion with Samaira seems much more established too, unlike Baazigar where the revenge plot was the main theme. Here though, Samaira-Arjun is the main plot-point.
Feel free to add, great discussion! This forum doesn't offer much intelligent discussion yet so it was great having this conversation with you! 

Agree that it is a subtle version of Baazigar.
Had a good time discussing the show with you!Smile

Wht an amazing comparision Big smile It does seem like Baazigar..
Star_girl IF-Sizzlerz
Star_girl
Star_girl

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by THE_BOSS

agree... ...he is actually "THE  MAIN  PLOT " of this show...the basic plot of this show is the revenge saga so the makers are banking on it ...

and talking about aham...he is doing a superb job ...full on natural acting not a tinge of OTTness...and an awesome background music to take the scenes into a whole new level...

the makers are playing intelligently they are using arjun to hook in the general audiences ... so they are  keeping his story under the wraps 

Technically, yeah, the revenge saga is the main hook of the plot, even though it's not the entire plot. It just encompasses every aspect of the plot, every character.
Aham is a solid actor, I am seeing him for the first time and trust me, I am not one of those who routinely fangirls over TV actors, I have very few people I love for their acting but Aham is definitely praiseworthy. You'll find lots of cuteish, semi-talented, OTT actors everywhere lately but Aham is so subtle and smooth that it is a pleasant surprise.
Ri21 IF-Sizzlerz
Ri21
Ri21

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
ur post reminded me of it. ya looks like that now. but i think there ll be changes i dnt think their love ll doomed as the show focuses on friendship.. the bond btw the 4.. so there ll be changes fr sure and going bazigar way srk died i dnt think arjun ll die in the show.. 
soni595 IF-Sizzlerz
soni595
soni595

-

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
This one of my favorite quotes "...for what is not connected with her to me? and what does not recall her? I cannot look down to this floor, but her features are shaped in the flags! In every cloud, in every tree"filling the air at night, and caught by glimpses in every object by day"I am surrounded with her image! The most ordinary faces of men and women"my own features"mock me with a resemblance. The entire world is a dreadful collection of memoranda that she did exist, and that I have lost her!"

Heathcliff has always evoked polarizing reactions in me as I've both hated him and loved him but therein lies his appeal for me. I see the resemblance of a part of Heathcliff in Arjun in his obsession for revenge and Samaira with/without fault of hers entwined in it. The writers have done so well with their portrayal of Arjun but even better is Aham's portrayal - the anguish is so subtle yet impactful. I'm just wondering if the writers can dig deeper - because to me that's where Indian TV writers fail - is providing the meat so to speak to their characters but let's see - I have hope!

Star_girlRi21

OmkaraKiParvati IF-Sizzlerz
OmkaraKiParvati
OmkaraKiParvati

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
It might turn out like Baazigaar.. But then the heor falls in love with the heroine so it might be the same case here too.. Arjun might fall in love with Samaira.. He aldready feels something for her other than revenge.. I just hope it doesen't turn out like the climax in Baazigar..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ri21

ashne IF-Sizzlerz
ashne
ashne

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
I'm curious as well as confused about Arjun's revenge motive.  If revenge was his primary goal, wouldn't it have been prudent on his part to get into the good books of every one concerned and not just Piyali. He has already antagonized Sam and in turn Neil. Radz also has taken a dislike to him, tho I'm sure he is yet to realize the part she will play in saving/helping Sam.

So his plan is to force Sam into doing things he wishes her to do and all this banking on her turbulent relationship with her mom? Sam spilled the story to Neil today, what if she tells Samrat the same  - Wouldn't Samrat believe her? Where would Arjun's plan go then?

I wonder if these are loopholes in the story or the Cvs are deliberately trying confuse us.

Star_girlRi21

Ri21 IF-Sizzlerz
Ri21
Ri21

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 12:53am | IP Logged
i doubt sam ll tell anythng to samrat now.. atleast arjun wont let that happen. his eyes are on her.. bu i want a paa and bachchu scene. missed them, 

Go to top