Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Nivi... My mom dies the dialling number thing even if she has the numbers fed in her phone 😕
My dad is okayish with comp and his bb... 
nividances thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ashu25

II ka mujhe samajh nahi aata bhai
She talks rubbish when he is around. And when he finds out she picks up a fight. 
When she has to share,  she doesnt.
Very rarely ghuma phirake baat bolti hai. 

However insecure she is.. Its now a family and I think she must have shared this with RB... Irrespective of the judgements of the Bhallas. 

I agree with you, but then I also think about the character sketch that has been laid out for II. It's frustrating to see her act and react the way she does, but that's the beauty of the story. We as readers have a bird's eye view of the entire situation so we try to extend that knowledge over to each of the characters and how they should behave, forgetting of course that they don't know all the juicy details that we are privy to. 😊
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: samsi74

Swathi you and I posted at the same time. No I don't think wives hide things this much from their husbands. I certainly don't. Specially things he'll get to know later. If I did something like this I can't even imagine my husband's reaction!! Apart from being dishonest, it's not prudent either. You loose your husband's respect. If she can hide it permanently then she can(hide it) to save face but otherwise being upfront is the best strategy, I'm my opinion.

Swa

EVERY PERSON is different, I DEFINITELY did not share any uncomfortable happenings at my parents house with my husband the first 2 or 3 years... I started to as my parents aged and I aged also. May not be how a soap bahu behaves but thats the truth

I didnt want him to know about certain things I AM SURE he hid some things too... ITS OK
It doesnt matter to me. We both are allowed to maintain privacy about things we think are appropriate

100% transparency shaayad hi kisi Desi shaadi mein hoga (I know the moment I s ay that someone will disagree which is fine)

WHY will II share? Her nephew is accused of stealing, I dont see it as a big "husband wife have no understanding" its too sad etc

Its not... she is violating her Akka's privacy by saying it to hubby.
I dont care about it but some of my cousins married out of caste I never told my MIL about it until she passed away. I didnt want her to judge my family "ONGA AATHLA IPDI PANRA" (IN YOUR HOUSE) they marry like that... a distant niece "ran away" (odi poyitta🤣) and eloped... I didnt tell my husband or in laws
Just didnt...

It works for me

My husband is non political and non gossipy but not so much😉 about people in my in laws' I didnt want unnecessary questioning "What will happen now?"

"Edo IVA poi kanna todachu vidra madiri" (like they are going to wipe away tears)😡
Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
samsi74 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
The reasons I can think of for II's behaviour are
1.She is a newlywed

2. Very insecure about her husband's affection

3. Insecure about her finances

3. Very proud

4. Very competitive

5. Want to save face regarding her family
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: samsi74

The reasons I can think of for II's behaviour are

1.She is a newlywed

2. Very insecure about her husband's affection

3. Insecure about her finances

3. Very proud

4. Very competitive

5. Want to save face regarding her family

Well said... and then add the following

6. She doesnt NEED to just because he is her hubby
7. some things can be shared with best friends or siblings alone
8. Just like parents are not told certain things husbands can be too. Its not a life and death matter and he is no way connected to Shravu's act (she just discovered he stole Nandu's)
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Shaadi mein HONESTY se zyaada TACTFULNESS chahiye

TOO much Mother Teresa like behavior can get u divorced. Jinko kehna hai kaho. I am not stopping you... but too much honesty causes tremendous hurt and heart burn and grudges

My mother in law was not going to this distant cousin's house and eat the food made by that dude... WHY shud she know the cousin married out of caste

"If I had told her I would have justified it in a filmy way "Oh She LOVES him blah blah blah"

My mother in law will sternly scold me and bad mouth all and sundry and say "Kids dont have any respect for parents feelings, tomorrow will u let your sons do that?"

"I would be like "I will try to follow culture as best as I can"

"That means u dont care for our culture"

TEVAYA? Zaroorat hai kya? Sar par kulhari?

Not to me... Jisko mahaan ban na hai ban jao🤣

And then when my Amma calls she will put a whole new spin on it or say "PAAAVAM I feel terrible for the girl's parents what a tragedy"

The girl is my Mom's neice, my Mom will feel murderous

Kyon? Itna tamasha😆
Hsp.canada thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

8. Just like parents are not told certain things husbands can be too. Its not a life and death matter and he is no way connected to Shravu's act (she just discovered he stole Nandu's)

I agree to all that, you said it very nicely Nisha it's difficult to open up about family matters with your husband right away. It takes time and it's a matter of pride also. 

samsi74 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Sorry forgot she just learned that it's Nandu's. In that case it's very understandable. He just need not to know. 

Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I went back to reading my BUTTER parts... 
Can I have her this way throughout the tale 🤗

She is utterly delicious ❤️
swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Na ellam sollanum nu sollala...if shravu had taken someonelse's ipad there is no need...

ana yest nite itself she knows that nandu's ipad is missing nu...dont tell me she thought that it was a coincidence...

nalaiku if appa knows, he will be a hypocrite and tell not to send shravu with nandu, saying that nandu's wealth is spoiling shravu...Bala has already taken that decision though his reasons are different...so there is a strain in relationships...do u think this will go unnoticed ??? it is going to come out, R&B will know and it is going to affect II...so y not tell it earlier ??