Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

DP: I wish I had got a chance to do Rockstar (Page 7)

-AppleOfMaEye- IF-Stunnerz
-AppleOfMaEye-
-AppleOfMaEye-

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 10:38am | IP Logged
she wanted to the role that RK played??? or the role opposite RK?? D'oh

xoFanArtiqzox Goldie
xoFanArtiqzox
xoFanArtiqzox

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 10:45am | IP Logged
u already make tamasha DP be happy
abby_girl30 IF-Rockerz
abby_girl30
abby_girl30

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 10:47am | IP Logged
@zara she is allowed to pick whatever movie but giving the same answer repeatedly makes it nauseating

Rockstar came in 2011 and in between she didn't like any other movie??? if all she wanted was to praise an Imtiaz movie then could have picked highway (which I thought was 100X better than headache called Rockstar)

Anyways you can defend her choice but I find it annoying when someone talks the same shit over and over again Sleepy

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ilovecrepesBeautyful_Mess

OJ6.0 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 10:53am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
zara321 IF-Sizzlerz
zara321
zara321

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 10:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by abby_girl30

@zara she is allowed to pick whatever movie but giving the same answer repeatedly makes it nauseating

Rockstar came in 2011 and in between she didn't like any other movie??? if all she wanted was to praise an Imtiaz movie then could have picked highway (which I thought was 100X better than headache called Rockstar)

Anyways you can defend her choice but I find it annoying when someone talks the same shit over and over again Sleepy

well that is the her choice for the question, she probably has other movies that she wud hav liked to hav done but rockstar is probably her first choice, maybe she liked the role and the way imtiaz told the story.

My own personal choice of imtiazs movies is jab we met. 

Edited by zara321 - 12 May 2015 at 11:07am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nonam

Mallika-E-Bhais IF-Addictz
Mallika-E-Bhais
Mallika-E-Bhais

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:11am | IP Logged
I remember when they had a screening for this, after the screening DP cried. She was completely overwhelmed by the film & even said how much she congratulated Imtiaz & Ranbir. So her praise is nothing new. Till a few yeses ago I would've said the same , aww you need to get over Bir but lo & behold! She really is over him. She seems so comfortable, happy & glows with Ranveer, am sure Ranbir & that horrid r-ship doesn't even cross her mind- And why should it. By all accounts, she has a wonderful r-ship with Ranveer.

OT: Rockstar was a darn good movie!! What made the movie was Bir's performance. Everyone saying how it's his font performance is so right! This movie was Ranbirs show through & through & thank God for that!!!! That make out scene in the fields was so terrible, I snorted out Pepsi. LOL LOL

The music was the only HEERA besides Ranbir, in this movie. The instrumental still gives me goosebumps & so does Naadaan Parinde. Absolutely beautiful music!!! 

DP might not have suited the look of Heer, but she suited everything else. ANYONE would've been much much better for this movie, even Diane Penty!!!

Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 12 May 2015 at 11:20am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

neevee-Grotesque-niasharma11nonamilovecrepeskawal_takPiyatrixSultan_Of_Swing

-FreeLancer- IF-Stunnerz
-FreeLancer-
-FreeLancer-

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:34am | IP Logged
as much as I hate Dipu's offscreen "hitting daily a new low with random antics" persona..and the ridiculous mera saccha pyaar jaap..can see why she wanted to be heer so bad..
the character was actually a complex one..and with the right casting for heer - her emotions being brought properly to fore, rockstar could have been a masterpiece...specially the last scene - nadaan parinde + end is what elevated the movie up..made me sit up and marvel..but sadly just when the movie was starting to show its potential..it endedLOLD'ohyes, even the direction was too disjointed and not flowing perfectly..but thats how imtu movies always are..he wins in some, loses in some

that said, DP doesnt really fit the bill either..someone who is a fragile beauty, with delicate features and voice of ringing bells..with silent strength and controlled acting...frankly none of our current actresses cut it for 'heer'Confused

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Piyatrix

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 12 May 2015 at 11:45am | IP Logged
Wow. For the first time ever I find out that I'm not alone in my absolute love for Rockstar. There are other people too who liked it as much as me.
If Imtiaz had cast a good actress I bet a lot of us would consider Rockstar as a masterpiece.

P.S- Kun Faya Kun is probably my favourite religious song of Rahman's. And the Tango for Taj is a brilliant composition. Its a shame the movie, RK's performance and the music never received the appreciation it truly deserved all because of one bad casting decision.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-FreeLancer-Mallika-E-Bhais

Go to top