India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

why isnt hritik #1 star today? (Page 8)

atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 4:55am | IP Logged
Hrithik's 1st 10 years are better than Aamir's 1st 10 years for example. The only thing he lacks is an ATBB.

He has fan following.

But the choice of films beats him. The KNPH, Mission Kashmir and even KMG guy is relatable. But not others.

An actor should do roles that one can identify with. HR's characters, barring a few, are distant. You can watch them but can't relate to them.

Hrithik is just a male model now.

I can't believe the movies which he refused just because he was busy with father's K series or because he didn't want to do ensemble films!
Swades, RDB, 3I, DCH, Bunty Aur Babli and many others. He refused them all.

Anyway he takes too many breaks between films, does no PR, and has also started to look older.

His dance is fantastic but mostly western. He lacks desi touch that Govinda and Prabhudeva used to have.

And yes he has no comic timing at all. But it can be excused because many other actors lack in that department. SRK's comic timing is nothing to talk of.

HR has become too urbane. I can't imagine him playing a tapori or a rustic gangster or police officer or even a normal middle class man. He is just wannabe Hollywood material now.

He has changed so much that he can't even fit in own older films now if they are to be remade. HR of today is not the HR of KNPH/MK/Fiza.

Wannabe Hollywood star!

Why only Khans? Even Akki and Ajay have better range than him as actors now.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

_Darling_nkapoor001

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 5:07am | IP Logged
I can't stand Hrithik's acting, but I can never deny the fan following he has. Almost all of my friends are Hrithik fans. They think he looks the best amongst all Bollywood actors and also acts well.
I don't think he is very ambitious and wants a good personal life / career balance. Hence lesser movies when compared to the other actors. If he acted in more movies Im sure he would definitely be a bigger star than he already is.
atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 5:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheJake

Because nobody can beat the Khans. Even if HR'd done lots of movies and was more visible ... it's impossible to beat Khans as long as they are active. He'll always be the guy who Salman helped built body.

Not true.

His debut itself whipped all Khan films that year.

In 2006 also both his films whipped Khan films and he became one of the rare actors to give both the year's 1st and 2nd highest grossing hit in the same year.

He is among the few actors who have given hits in January releases, a month which is considered jinx business-wise.

There's a reason why his potential is being discussed.

"Impossible to beat Khans while they are active" is a myth.
Kareenafanatic Goldie
Kareenafanatic
Kareenafanatic

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 5:22am | IP Logged

It takes a consistent catalog of work and charisma to gain superstar status. Superstars aren't just actors. It's a larger than life image - and your personality, screen presence matters more than your acting, and even looks.

Salman was in instant star after MPK. SRK rose to stardom after DDLJ. It wasn't until Aamir built a strong body of work that he became a superstar. That was around Lagaan.

HR was a star overnight with KNPH and during a period when Aamir was taking a hiatus and Salman was fighting his demons, HR equaled SRK. But his selection of movies after Dhoom 2 - going the Aamir way- and his public image took a dent hurt his standing among the masses. Selectivity was Aamir's ticket to stardom. HR fell more in the Salman bracket. He should have capitalized on it as Salman did with his charm, looks, and charisma. HR didn't.

He did movies like JA, Guzaarish, ZNMD, etc. They were successful, but they placed HR in a different perception. They put him in the human category and that's where he faltered as a star. Salman is above everything in the eyes of his fans--a modern day Demigod of sorts. SRK is the ultimate inspirational Icon. Aamir is the brain. They have a category - a sort of brand. HR doesn't.

You need to build your own USP. I think HR failed there, as good an actor he is. There is something distinct about Salman, SRK, and Aamir. I don't see such a distinctness about HR.

For me, if Aamir is Tom Hanks or Salman is Leo, or SRK is Brad Pitt (no similarities, just drawing an example) HR is either Ryan Gosling at his worst or at his best, Bradley Cooper. It's a good place to be - but it's well and truly below his true potential.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

desigal90

walkashame Senior Member
walkashame
walkashame

Posted: 13 May 2015 at 5:50am | IP Logged
Because he spends more time in front of the mirror than the camera.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

fitoori_kudidesigal90

Go to top