Kareena Was the First Choice For Bombay Velvet : Anurag Kashyap - Page 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 8 years ago
http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainmenttags/deepika-padukone/stop-throwing-garbage-me-anushka-sharma

What about this ??? 😆😆
briahna thumbnail
Originally posted by: you2

Amir wanted a big star..This was after Talaash?

every one wants a big star..

you mean deepika?😆
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Seriously not only actresses gain from Bebo's loss..
Ranbir sure did too..
Rockstar and BV both wldnt go to him, if Bebo was doing them 😆
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Kareena always rejected good movies not sure how well BV will do but I will watch it for Anu and Ranbir pairing. I always wanted to see them together in a film. 
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: B-TEX

Now Anu would pester you to withdraw the statement. 

Anurag said this all in an interview in front of both Ranbir and Anushka, so they've all pretty much acknowledged this narrative...the script was written with Saif in mind, went to Aamir and Kareena, stayed with HR for 2-ish years and he never read or even realized he had it...in 2011, Anurag offered it to Anushka after watching BBB and Ranbir read it after that, when (he also said this himself) he had no movies (something had fallen through so he was left with nothing)...Vikas Bahl gave him the script without telling Anurag and Ranbir had to spend a while (Rishi Kapoor was also involved in one such meeting) to convince Anurag that he can do it. So yeah, it's pretty much all self-admitted...they've talked a lot about how long this movie has been in the works and that it was difficult to make it happen. 

The only name in the quotes here that's new is Katrina and the info that Aamir rejected the movie because he wanted a bigger female star to act opposite him. Pretty interesting.

Edit: BTW, was there another withdrawal for a statement made by Anushka for something before too?
Edited by kabeeraspeaking - 8 years ago
-.SapnokiRani-. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Most Liked (December 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 5
Why is it that the news of Kareena rejecting movies always become a highlight? 😆

I mean granted she has missed some great ones, but I'm sure so did the other actors 😆 but all I hear is her name... and funny, I'm not even her fan!
SoyMilk thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -.SapnokiRani-.

Why is it that the news of Kareena rejecting movies always become a highlight? 😆  

I think it has to do with the fact that many of the films Kareena reject turned out be big hits!  Other actresses turn down roles but usually that works out in favor of them.  Kareena just has bad script sense in general ðŸ˜­

Edited by desisangel - 8 years ago
SoyMilk thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: kabeeraspeaking

Anurag said this all in an interview in front of both Ranbir and Anushka, so they've all pretty much acknowledged this narrative...the script was written with Saif in mind, went to Aamir and Kareena, stayed with HR for 2-ish years and he never read or even realized he had it...in 2011, Anurag offered it to Anushka after watching BBB and Ranbir read it after that, when (he also said this himself) he had no movies (something had fallen through so he was left with nothing)...Vikas Bahl gave him the script without telling Anurag and Ranbir had to spend a while (Rishi Kapoor was also involved in one such meeting) to convince Anurag that he can do it. So yeah, it's pretty much all self-admitted...they've talked a lot about how long this movie has been in the works and that it was difficult to make it happen. 

The only name in the quotes here that's new is Katrina and the info that Aamir rejected the movie because he wanted a bigger female star to act opposite him. Pretty interesting.

Edit: BTW, was there another withdrawal for a statement made by Anushka for something before too?

I think B-Tex is referring to an interview where she whined about being Anurag's first choice and him clarifying on twitter.  Same one where she touted herself as being Hirani's only heroine to have a role in his movie and Sushant having a consequential role in the movie...

Link to article: http://www.mumbaimirror.com/entertainment/bollywood/Stop-throwing-garbage-at-me/articleshow/17863213.cms
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: desisangel

I think B-Tex is referring to an interview where she whined about being Anurag's first choice and him clarifying on twitter.  Same one where she touted herself as being Hirani's only heroine to have a role in his movie and Sushant having a consequential role in the movie...

Link to article: http://www.mumbaimirror.com/entertainment/bollywood/Stop-throwing-garbage-at-me/articleshow/17863213.cms

Aha, thank you! This makes Anu squared both look like cuckoos ðŸ˜† He should've told her then only that there were at least 2 well-known stars considered for the role before her or now kept up with his 'clarification' but here he is admitting that Katrina was in fact offered the role. Jai ho BW forum waasis ki, who have better memories than BW people! ðŸ˜†
snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: soulspirit

So Aamir didnt  see Kareena as a big star then ???

he knows the real market value...she was never one