Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

My Thoughts :- Ahem, Gopi And The Girls

Manzz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

😃 Hello Folks 😃

😃   😃 My Thoughts :- 😉 😃  😃

😃  😃 When Killing, For That Matter Anyone, Is Not Right Then Why Are The Scriptwriters, Directors Are Making Pious, Saint Out Of Gopi, With No Other Option Line, For Whatever Reasons ❓ ? Are They Sending Out A Message That Killing Someone Is Fine When We Find That Person Has Wronged Us ? ❓  😃 😃

😃  😃 Personally Speaking : The Scriptwriters Have Tarnished Character Gopi Beyond Redemption ; Am Hugely Disappointed By Character Gopi Killing, Her Sister, Character Radha.  Yes, Self Defense Angle Is Fine Because Character Radha Was Indeed Trying To Kill Character Gopi. But ...

😃  😃 For Every Action There Is Equal And Opposite Reaction. And Character Ahem's Reaction Is Exactly That To Character Gopi's Action. Mind You Ahem Had Advised Gopi To Keep Off Radha And Concentrate On Leaving With The Smaller Family For His Work Abroad.  😃  😃

😃  😃 But Then, Gopi Disregarded Him And His Advice. In A Way Disrespected Ahem And His Work. 😕  😆  😆

😃  😃  As Far As Ahem Keeping The Truth Of Gopi Being A Jailbird From The Girls Is Understandable And Ahem Did The Right Thing ; They Were At Formative  Age. But Now The Truth Should Be Allowed To Be Known And Leave It To Their Thinking, At Least One Has To Respect The Girls Thinking Ability.  😃  😃

😃 😳 These Are Food For Thought From A Pea Brained Fella. 😃 😳 

😳 😃  What Say Folks ?  😉  😳 😃 😆

😃  😃  Please Note My Responses On Your Thoughts Will Be Delayed. 😃 😃

😃   😃 Thank You 😃  😃

--- > Man 😃
Edited by Manzz - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Xarina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Killing is not right Manzz and no one has the right to take a life just as one has no right to oppress or torture a person.  I guess this is something that you and I will agree to disagree.  
To murder in cold blood is a heinous crime in that the perpetrator set off to inflict fatal harm to another being.  That being first degree murder.

Second degree murder is your crime of passion or read self defence.  When Gopi attacked and killed Radha she had no intention to kill Radha.  In fact, she was the one who begged and pleaded with Radha to give baby Rashi to her.  She took the matter into her own hands, after being beaten to a pulp, to protect a baby coming to harm.  A crime to prevent a further crime.  But what of the individuals, eg, women who have killed an abusive husband after years and years of torture with no respite and no way out.  Are they wrong?  Gopi took the matter in her own hands as she reached a point where she did not think straight.  She snapped, much the same as the said women or any individual who is persecuted.  Do you expect them to just lie down and take it?  

Now as far as Ahem is concerned, him lying to the girls has more to do with his wounded pride, his ego and anger.  He did not tell them the truth to protect them but merely for his own means.  He did not shield them but lied to them and continued the lie as the girls became older.  He was not wrong when he asked Gopi to concentrate on her own little family unit but he did not help to oust Radha either.  For someone who is adamant on wanting his will and his way, he remained meek in front of his mother when she placed the burden on Gopi to put the family first something which, I say again, is in the vows a woman takes when circumventing the sacred fire.  That of not just caring for her husband but his family too.  Tradition or culture depends on this so strongly that the girl marries the family and not the man.

Apologies for the long winded essay.  There is more I want to say but can't find the words right now.

Oh and the third category of murder is manslaughter when it is an accident caused by negligence.

Again like I say we can agree to disagree on this.  No hard feelings.
kavitha_r thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Manzz: I agree with Xarina. You had posted about this earlier stating the same things. Even I told you the same thing as Xarina told you right now.

A person uses the word "agree to disagree" when they feel that they are completely right without understanding from other person's perspective.

You are not wrong in your thoughts and feelings. I am also there for the same thing and it is not necessary that all should agree with you or me or any other members in the forum.

We are only here to exchange our thoughts and ideas.

Coming back to the show, I agree that one do not have any right to take lives. At the same time, they also don't have any right to oppress and torture others. Even Gandhiji said that annay aur atyachar karna gunaah hain magar use sehna toh usse bhu bada gunaah hain. (Oppressing somebody is a crime. However. getting oppressed by someone is a bigger crime). Even in Mahabharat and Bhagwath Geeta, Lord Krishna told the same thing to Arjun before the war.

Agree that Gopi was wrong in killing Radha but it is not completely her fault. Ahem had cautioned her to be away from Radha but that is not a solution. If she merely keeps away from Radha, she is not going to diminish and vanish. Ahem has not tried to get rid of Radha.

She was not only a problem to certain people but also to the entire Modi family. Radha had also attacked Meera & Vidya in the past & could have got back at them at any point of time.

Even if Ahem, Gopi & the girls had gone to US, they would not any peace of mind & eventually they would have come back before the contract.

Ahem does not think of anything beyond himself. When a girl marries the guy, she marries his entire family as per the Indian culture.

For Gopi's one mistake, Ahem made 100 mistakes. He lied to the girls not because of Gopi's promise or for their protection but for his ego.
Edited by sharoon3210 - 8 years ago
inddrca thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Radha and her holding her daughter Rashi are all tracks that came much later in the story. Why did Ahem not do anything when he came to know that Radha was responsible for Meera's abduction and drowning episode which had lasting repurcussions on his family?.

Yes Ahem did tell Gopi that he wanted her to remain detached from the family drama but didnt he realise that  if Gopi did that  it would be against Koki's wishes ? and Ahem, atleast at that time would never have supported Gopi if Koki was displeased with Gopi for not following her instructions.

Yes Gopi should not have killed Radha, and she would not have done that if the rest of the Modis (about 5 of them) had joined forces at the river bank to hold on to one woman and take Rashi away from her.  They all stood watching the drama unfold?

They all wanted Gopi to commit the crime so that each in his/her own way could tell her "I told you not to do it".

Gopi took the matters in her own hand because somewhere in her heart she knew she would have to fight her own battles, take her own stand because even though the Modis talk about principles, familly, support etc no-one has ever come to support her or her children when required. She has always been left to fend for herself and protect what is her own. She is the scapegoat for everything in Modi family.
ani_gr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Gopi got her punishment for her karma, i.e., killing radha.. now.. that does not mean her killing radha was right.. 
But then Ahem did not co operate with Gopi on many instances, Radha kidnapped the girls, he did not do anything, he did not take any action against her.. 
Meera's education - she wrote wrong time table on her book so she was not prepared.. there are many such things... i remember she had put some chilli powder on some stuff I cannot remember what exactly.. 
Then the ghunguru when she was dancing...
Keeping all these in mind, Gopi was sure that Radha is going to be dangerous for her daughters and that's why the decision of killing. 
I dont  think SNS is giving any message that one can kill some one and get away with it, because they did not have any choice..
Nice post..😊
Edited by ani_gr - 8 years ago
kavitha_r thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ani_gr

Gopi got her punishment for her karma, i.e., killing radha.. now.. that does not mean her killing radha was right.. 

But then Ahem didnto co operate iwth Gopi on many instances, Radha kidnapped the girls, he did not do anything, he did not tak eany action against her.. 
Meera's education - she wrote wrong time table on her book so she was not prepared.. there are many such things... i remember she had put some chilli powder on some stuff I cannot remember what exactly.. 
Then the ghunguru when she was dancing...
Keeping all these in mind, Gopi was sure that Radha is going to be dangerous for her daughters and that's why the decision of killing. 
I dont  think SNS is giving any message that one can kill some one and get away with it, because they did not have any choice..
Nice post..😊

@bold: Radha had stuffed chilli powder in Meera's mouth. When Radha had kidnapped the girls, ahem had strangled Radha & suffocated her. But Gopi stopped him from doing it. I wish she or anyone else had not stopped him.

When Gopi was doing that nobody stopped her. Everyone has been unfair with her.😊
ani_gr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sharoon3210

@bold: Radha had stuffed chilli powder in Meera's mouth. When Radha had kidnapped the girls, ahem had strangled Radha & suffocated her. But Gopi stopped him from doing it. I wish she or anyone else had not stopped him.

When Gopi was doing that nobody stopped her. Everyone has been unfair with her.😊

Thanks Kavitha... loll I cannot believe I forgot this already...😆
kavitha_r thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ani_gr

Thanks Kavitha... loll I cannot believe I forgot this already...😆

Welcome Gayathri, In today's episode, Meera remembered that Radha had stuffed the chilli powder in her mouth.😆
Yes yes...killing is wrong
Pls fill this in girls heads

And let Gopiahem divorce off.

😡

BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT FACT IS AND WAS
I had pointed day 0 itself

GOPI KILLING TIME SHOWN BY CVs was deadly wrong
The baby was safe in kokilas hands.
Jigar pari ahem koki all wr safe on shore
Radha was already helpless

To end her swimming posture and cinematic filmy touch...gopi came and pierced the trishul when not evn required
It Was Not for Self defence also.
😡
Manzz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
😃   Am Back 😃

😃  😃  😃  😳  😳 😃 😃 As I Always Said And Stated Killing Is Not Right, For Whatever Reasons. On This Point ; Our Points Of View Concur And I Do Agree With You, Always     😉 😃 On Ahem ; I Have Said Enough, Hence Let's Agree To Disagree  😳  😳 😆  😳 

😃 😃  Whatever Action Or Inaction Of Ahem  Does Not Over Ride Gopi's Action Of Killing 😳 😃 😃 😃 😉 😆 Hence The Scriptwriters Trying To Justify Gopi's Step Or Killing Of Radha And The Message Thus Sent, Is Not At All Right 😃 😃 This Is The Point I Am Making 😃 Most Are Missing The Point  😃  😃    😳  😳

😉  😆 Between Us -- You And Me - - No Sorry's, No Apologies  😳  😆 Always A Pleasure To Read Your Thoughts 😳 😃 Thank You So Much For Your Thoughts 😃 😃

😃 😳   😃 😳  😆 😆  😃 😳  😳 Going 😃  😃  😃 😃 😃 😃 Nice  😃 😃    😃   😃 😳 😃

This content was originally posted by: Xarina

Killing is not right Manzz and no one has the right to take a life just as one has no right to oppress or torture a person.  I guess this is something that you and I will agree to disagree.  

To murder in cold blood is a heinous crime in that the perpetrator set off to inflict fatal harm to another being.  That being first degree murder.

Second degree murder is your crime of passion or read self defence.  When Gopi attacked and killed Radha she had no intention to kill Radha.  In fact, she was the one who begged and pleaded with Radha to give baby Rashi to her.  She took the matter into her own hands, after being beaten to a pulp, to protect a baby coming to harm.  A crime to prevent a further crime.  But what of the individuals, eg, women who have killed an abusive husband after years and years of torture with no respite and no way out.  Are they wrong?  Gopi took the matter in her own hands as she reached a point where she did not think straight.  She snapped, much the same as the said women or any individual who is persecuted.  Do you expect them to just lie down and take it?  

Now as far as Ahem is concerned, him lying to the girls has more to do with his wounded pride, his ego and anger.  He did not tell them the truth to protect them but merely for his own means.  He did not shield them but lied to them and continued the lie as the girls became older.  He was not wrong when he asked Gopi to concentrate on her own little family unit but he did not help to oust Radha either.  For someone who is adamant on wanting his will and his way, he remained meek in front of his mother when she placed the burden on Gopi to put the family first something which, I say again, is in the vows a woman takes when circumventing the sacred fire.  That of not just caring for her husband but his family too.  Tradition or culture depends on this so strongly that the girl marries the family and not the man.

Apologies for the long winded essay.  There is more I want to say but can't find the words right now.

Oh and the third category of murder is manslaughter when it is an accident caused by negligence.

Again like I say we can agree to disagree on this.  No hard feelings.

Edited by Manzz - 8 years ago