Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Archana_Vinod thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: greshin

wow fantastic imagination didi...mind blowing...
while going through the updates, i feel like i'm one among the soldier taking part in the mission to rescue roli nd sid's family πŸ˜ƒ that much beautiful narration..
did u had any experience in dealing with the life story of an army officer or a soldier?? πŸ˜‰ it simply seems like u know everything abt a mission...

πŸ˜† Thank u dear. Well, I am a big fan of military and war movies so I tend not to miss them. πŸ˜‰
Archana_Vinod thumbnail

RENDEZVOUS - PART 3

By Archana Vinod

IN THE CHOPPER - NIGHT

Siddhant keels over and begins to gag throatily, but nothing comes out!

CHARLIE 2: (helps him up) You alright, Captain?

He can see nothing but a solo shade of irritating, dull grey. He hears nothing but a low humming sound. Lightning flashes around them at spots. The chopper's deafening noise begins to take over.

SIDDHANT: (faintly) Stop... I can't take it anymore.

CHARLIE 2: Hang in there, sir. We're almost there.

And sure enough, they fly through a dense tower of thick grey clouds into a hot cloudless afternoon sky.

The humming disappears. The grey disappears. Now all what surrounds them are the deep blue sky and an endless desert of flaming yellow sand below. Siddhant looks around, dumbfounded.

SIDDHANT: Wait... what just happened?

ALPHA 1: (winks) Cheats employed.

CHARLIE 2: Welcome to the city of Tikrit. We're ten kilometers away from the insertion point.

Siddhant is impressed. They had just gone through a portal into another country!

PILOT: Approaching the insertion point. Prepare to land.

Sid and his team equip themselves quickly and wait at the door.

In a couple of minutes, the chopper makes a touch-down. The whirling blades sweep up a torrent of dust and sand into the air.

The men jump down and move in as the chopper rises into the air and disappears. They shield their exposed noses with a scarf and eyes with dark goggles as they make their way to the enemy camp.

Siddhant begins to trudge along the desert dunes with his team. It's damn hot! The sweltering breeze hits the men hard on their faces and almost scorches them alive. He looks up at the blazing sun briefly and is instantly hit by another wave of nausea and blindness.

ALPHA 2: It's around 43.6 degrees Celsius.

Occasionally, a strong gust blows up a wallop of sand into the air. 

As they close in on the hill, their wireless devices sputter and crackle softly. It's Col. R.B. Singh.

COL. R.B. SINGH: Company leader calling team Raven. Come in please.

The men respond: "Team Raven reporting, sir."

COL. R.B. SINGH: Excellent. You are now approaching the enemy camp. Be wary, the Iraqis are heavily armored and extremely hostile. Charlie 1 and Charlie 2, I need you to go around the perimeter and cover up for Bravo and Alpha 1.

"Done sir," they respond.

COL. R.B. SINGH: Alpha 2, you will stay ambushed on top of the hill. Take down the watch tower.

ALPHA 2: Yes sir!

COL R.B. SINGH: Bravo and Alpha 1, you will proceed to the enemy camp, rescue the hostages and lead them to the extraction point.

ALPHA 1: Yes sir!

COL R.B. SINGH: Bravo, do you read me?

Siddhant is lost. All these instructions give him the chills. Just like in the game! He can't imagine what's waiting for him down there. Anything could happen.

COL. R.B. SINGH: Bravo! Come in please!

SIDDHANT: Yes sir.

COL. R.B. SINGH: Stay awake, Captain! It will cost you.

SIDDHANT: Yes sir. Sorry sir.

COL. R.B. SINGH: And remember, Bravo, you need to get the hostages to EP unscathed. If you or any of your hostages get killed in the process, you die for good.

SIDDHANT: (after a brief pause) Understood, sir.

COL. R.B. SINGH: Excellent. All the best, boys!

~End of wireless transmission~

The team proceeds to the camp.

Charlie 1 and Charlie 2 go around the hill as instructed.

Alpha 2 scales up the hill and stays ambushed with a silenced sniper rifle.

Alpha 2's point of view: Down the hill, he can see an array of small tents around a much larger one. Two manned watch towers stand across the perimeter. Four jeeps are stationed at another corner. Four armed devilish looking soldiers guard the camp.

ALPHA 2: (whispers into his wireless) Team Raven, I have my eyes on the target. Taking down the manned towers!

He comes to focus on Tower 1.

A clean silent shot escapes Alpha 2's sniper rifle and SPITS into the soldier on Tower 1. The man collapses without a sound.

ALPHA 2: (whispers into his wireless) Tower 1 down.

The next one falls quietly.

ALPHA 2: (into his wireless) Both towers taken.

It's their cue. Siddhant and Alpha 1 go around the hill and advance in on the camp from both sides.

The spirit of the game begins to kick in for Siddhant. Take it easy, he tells himself, just calm down. This is not real. It's a game. And you're going to win this game as usual. You're going to make it. He takes a deep breath. He feels like a real Captain now. A real soldier.

SIDDHANT: (to Alpha 1 on the wireless, quietly) Alpha 1, take down the men from the other end. Proceed with caution.

ALPHA 1: Yes, sir.

Siddhant stays low as he quietly advances in on the camp.

A hefty Iraqi soldier prowls around cradling a heavy rifle.

Siddhant withdraws his knife as he closes in unnoticed. He grapples the soldier, clamps his mouth shut and slashes his throat. He falls to the ground with a bloody gag.  

Iraqi Soldier #2 turns around at his companion's fall. He spots Siddhant and raises his rifle to shoot him down!

... TO BE CONTINUED 

greshin thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i dont know why bt i feel like laughing while seeing sid in helpless condition in first portion...bt later on happy that he made up his mind to take part in the mission...
all the best for sid πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ˜‰
nd di is RENDEZVOUS a french word??
Archana_Vinod thumbnail

i dont know why bt i feel like laughing while seeing sid in helpless condition in first portion...bt later on happy that he made up his mind to take part in the mission...
all the best for sid πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ˜‰
nd di is RENDEZVOUS a french word??

πŸ˜† Laughing, why? Hehehehe. Poor Sid πŸ˜• What a plight! Na? πŸ˜†

Yup, Rendevous is an English word which takes its origin from French. It means "to meet at an agreed time and place".

It's also a term commonly used in the army to mean "a meeting point". You can say that they will meet at a particular place after a mission. πŸ˜‰
greshin thumbnail
Originally posted by: Archana_Vinod

πŸ˜† Laughing, why? Hehehehe. Poor Sid πŸ˜• What a plight! Na? πŸ˜†

Yup, Rendevous is an English word which takes its origin from French. It means "to meet at an agreed time and place".

It's also a term commonly used in the army to mean "a meeting point". You can say that they will meet at a particular place after a mission. πŸ˜‰

\
yeah...a very difficult situation... laughing bcoz sid was lost from the world while receiving this much of instruction for the first time na...nd i was thinking myself receiving so much instruction like a dumb while i was in front of my teacher πŸ˜‰
Archana_Vinod thumbnail
RENDEZVOUS - PART 4
By Archana Vinod

Iraqi Soldier #2 aims his rifle at Siddhant and prepares to shoot.

SOLDIER #2: (shouts in Arabic) SOUND THE ALA---

Siddhant is quick!

ZIP! He hurls his knife straight at the soldier's throat. It cuts through the air, pierces through his Adam's apple and muffles out his alert into a throaty barf.

Movement in the neighbouring tent catches his eye. He swiftly moves in.

Soldier #3 curses in Arabic and bolts out with a rifle.

BLAM! Siddhant elbows him with savage force in the nose, floors him with a knee to his groin and another hard elbow to his spine. The soldier FLUMPS face down into the sand.

On the other side - Alpha 1 takes down the soldiers with his silenced pistol and moves in.

Soldier #4 appears out of nowhere and riddles Alpha 1 with a stiff line of bullets. He falls down dead!

BACK TO SIDDHANT

His wireless sputters: ALPHA 1 IS DOWN! ALPHA 1 IS DOWN!

SOLDIER #4: (in Arabic) WE'RE UNDER ATTACK! WATCH TOWERS TAKEN! SOUND THE ALARM!

A loud BLARE rings through the air!

One by one, the rest of the soldiers pour out from their tents and begin to open fire at Siddhant!

He ducks and rolls away from the line of target to his only source of cover - a military jeep! But it's no match for the bullets being sprayed at it!

SIDDHANT: (into his wireless) Requesting team Raven for back up! I'm under attack! Open fire! I repeat- open heavy fire!

CHARLIE 1: Charlie 1 and 2 moving in to cover, sir!

ALPHA 2: Taking down exposed targets!

Alpha 2 continues to remain ambushed as he takes down their hostile opponents one by one!

Charlie 1 and 2 advances on the camp with heavy suppressing fire!

The Iraqis realize that they are being attacked from the hill!

SOLDIER #5: (in Arabic) SNIPER ON THE HILL!

Some soldiers prepare to go around the hill and scale it.

ALPHA 2: (into his wireless) Charlie 1 and 2 take the rein! My position has been compromised!

Alpha 2 prepares to defend himself.

BACK TO SIDDHANT -

WHIZZ! ZIP! BLAM!! Siddhant cringes behind the jeep as it gets battered from the shower of bullets. I must get out of here fast! If the tank gets hit, I'll be blown to smithereens! And I won't be able to rescue my family! I won't be able to rescue Roli!

Siddhant struggles to move out from there. But they won't even let him budge an inch! He continues to get battered with bullets.

It's now or never! He risks it all and leaps away from the jeep, falls and somersaults to his next line of defense - a tent! He takes cover behind the tent and sprays a wide arc of bullets at his combatants, all the while making sure to keep away from sight. The thick canvas of the tent is nothing for the Iraqi's heavy duty artillery.

Charlie 1 and 2 move deeper into the base and take down the enemy combatants! They stab the Iraqis with their bayonets, fire bullets; bash them up with the butts of their rifles!

The air is filled with the relentless BLASTS of firearms. It almost sounds like a festival with all the fireworks!

Siddhant flits from tent to tent, taking out the remaining soldiers and looking for the hostages.

He reaches the centre of the base where the largest tent is situated.

As he stumbles in through the opening he gets greeted with a volley of bullets!

A stray bullet roughly grazes his arm as it WHIZZES past him!

He caves in pain and surprise.

SIDDHANT: Ahh!

The bullets keep coming at him, riddling the tent with holes as it does! What the f***! From where the hell is this coming?

He looks around frantically and spots the source of fire! Inside the tent - an irritating opponent crouches behind a large metal desk and shoots persistently whilst cursing in Arabic!

Siddhant has had enough of this nonsense! With a LOUD BATTLE CRY, he lunges at the soldier and kicks him to the ground!

BLAM! Siddhant gets shot in the leg!

SIDDHANT: (staggers back) Ah!

The pain drives him nuts! He's boiling mad now!

The crouching soldier fires at him again. Siddhant ROARS in rage, delivers a powerful knee to his jaw and sends him sprawling across the ground.

Siddhant doesn't give him the chance to recover. He kicks him down again and finishes him with a STAB of his bayonet.

His heart is pounding! His head is reeling! He is breathless and mottled with sweat, blood and grime.

More movement in the corner of the tent! He swerves around wildly ready for another attack!

But he pauses and lowers his rifle.

Before his eyes, the hostages sit huddled together in a corner - his family and Roli!

He meets Roli's dark, sparkling eyes for the first time and is awe struck. Am I dreaming? Is this really her?

No one recognizes him. But he does - he recognizes his parents and Mataji. Who could be the other two other than Prem and Roli?

He hobbles to them quickly and begins to untie them.

SIDDHANT: Everyone calm down. It's me, Siddhant. I'm getting you out of here.

SUJATA: (smiles happily) Siddhant?

SIDDHANT: Haan Maa.

RAJENDAR: What's happening beta? What's all this?

SIDDHANT: Long story Papa. I'll explain once we get home.

As soon as Sujata is undone, she hugs and kisses her son.

SUJATA: (tearfully) Oh thank God! Thank God!

SIDDHANT: Calm down Maa. I'm here now. You'll be fine. Trust me.

Roli watches him intently. Siddhant? I don't believe it... he's barely recognizable. Who would have ever thought that he would grow from an irritating little pest into a charming, chiseled stallion? Moreover, he even "feels" different. He seems to have "softened" up. He doesn't seem to be that inconsiderate little brat anymore!

Siddhant is at Roli now; he kneels down before her as he unties her hands and feet. As he does, their eyes meet once again.

Memories come flooding back to them - their cat fights, their moments spent together. They realize that though there were moments that they hated each other and didn't want to talk ever again, they did miss each other terribly! In fact, they never wanted to be apart ever!

Siddhant gives a soft smile and makes Roli blush like crazy.

SIDDHANT: (undoes her feet) What?

ROLI: (nods) Nothing. (spots the wound on his leg and arm) Are you alright? How're you doing?

SIDDHANT: Ah. I'll be alright. We need to get out of here fast.

An audible gasp alerts Siddhant.

Roli looks up in horror.

The barrel of a gun prods Siddhant at the back of his head. He slowly tries to turn around, eager to get a glimpse of what he's up against.

But a voice with a heavy Arabic accent warns him: Don't be stupid.

... TO BE CONTINUED

greshin thumbnail
OMG my poor sid is hit πŸ˜­ bt he found out his roli nd family πŸ˜ƒ...bt again there  comes a stupid person to attack the family 😲 didi...i'm bored of fighting🀒 i don't like wars... i want RoSid
Archana_Vinod thumbnail

OMG my poor sid is hit πŸ˜­ bt he found out his roli nd family πŸ˜ƒ...bt again there  comes a stupid person to attack the family 😲 didi...i'm bored of fighting🀒 i don't like wars... i want RoSid

Aww... they'll be together soon. Don't worry πŸ˜‰
Archana_Vinod thumbnail

RENDEZVOUS - PART 5

By Archana Vinod

Siddhant looks questioningly into Roli's sparkling eyes.

She looks into his briefly before batting her eyes in rapid succession for five consecutive times. "Five men," she gestures with her eyes.

"Get up," the voice orders.

Siddhant does as he's told. His weapons are retrieved and hands are instantly bound with a thick rope.

The freed hostages are bound once again.

"Tie him to that chair," the voice orders again.

Siddhant is led to a wooden chair, forced around and bound. He is now face to face with his enemy combatants and their leader - Col. Massoud Ahmed, an unkind, battle-scarred face in his late 30's.

COL. MASSOUD: You've done enough damage out here. Thank your lucky stars for the Geneva Pact or I would have skinned you and your mates alive.

To his horror, they bring in Alpha 2. He too is bound to a chair.

COL. MASSOUD: He's the only one left. The rest will be packed in a casket and sent back home.

Siddhant's heart sinks. His brothers in arms... are dead. Though he never felt any sort of attachment towards these action figures in the game, the case is different now. His short bonding over the battle field makes him cringe with the loss. His heart goes out to those soldiers who share a much closer relationship with each other. How do they manage to cope up with the loss? Truth is, they never do.

COL. MASSOUD: (checks his watch) The hostages were due to be executed in four hours. (Glares at Siddhant) You just speeded that up. (to his subordinate) Get that girl over here. 

SOLDIER: Yes sir!

Siddhant is flustered! What is this guy going to do?

Col. Massoud loads his gun as the soldier forces Roli on to her feet and drags her to his leader's feet.

She shrieks in sheer panic.

SIDDHANT: No-no-no! Wait-wait-wait! Just listen to me-just listen to me! Please!

Col. Massoud ignores him. He jabs the barrel of his loaded pistol onto her forehead and prepares to shoot!

SIDDHANT: (panics) No! Don't hurt her! I'll do anything!

Col. Massoud pauses.

COL. MASSOUD: (smiles shrewdly) Anything?

SIDDHANT: Yes.

COL. MASSOUD: (sarcastically) Anything?

SIDDHANT: You heard me!

COL. MASSOUD: (laughs) Wow! So precious, eh? Well, in that case... (puts the gun to Siddhant's head this time)

The hostages gasp and plead with Massoud to spare Siddhant. But he pays no attention.

One of his soldiers's come into the tent.

SOLDIER: Sir, it's time for the namaz.

COL. MASSOUD: (after a brief pause) I'll decide your fate after the prayer.

They take a deep breath as Massoud and the soldiers exit the tent for their prayers.

ALPHA 2: Thank God. That was close.

Siddhant checks out his family and Roli. She looks shaken up.

He looks around. They don't have much time. Somehow, they must escape.

Quietly, he tips over on his chair. Alpha 2 follows the same cue, crawls over to Siddhant and chews at the ropes. All the while, they take nervous glances at the entrance, hoping and praying that none of the Iraqis turn up.

In a moment, Siddhant's hands are free. He goes on to untie Alpha 2 and his family.

Alpha 2 quietly moves towards the entrance and takes a cautious peek. He can see Massoud and the other soldiers engaged in prayer.

ALPHA 2: (whispers to Siddhant) Sir, it's risky to exit unnoticed. The Iraqis are right across this tent. They will easily spot us.

Siddhant acquires his weapons.

SIDDHANT: We'll need to find another way then.

MOMENTS LATER

Massoud and his men finish their prayers and proceed to the tent.

What greets their eyes leave their jaws hanging in disbelief.

The hostages and POW's are gone - a gaping hole has been cut open on the other side of the tent.

MASSOUD: (furious) What are you gawking at? Go-go-go! Go find them! Kill them at sight!

FAR AWAY FROM THE BASE

Siddhant and Alpha 2 lead the hostages across the desert towards the extraction point.

The sweltering heat beats down hard and leaves them exhausted.

ALPHA 2: (to Col R.B. Singh) Team Raven reporting sir, we have acquired the hostages and are now proceeding to the extraction point.

COL. R.B. SINGH: Excellent. The chopper is on the way.

Siddhant's attention drifts towards Roli once again. She has a tough time keeping up.

SIDDHANT: (waits for her to catch up) Just a little more.

ROLI: (breathless) I can't---go on --- any more ---

SIDDHANT: (reaches out for her hand) Just a little more. You're going to make it. (pauses to listen to a rumbling sound) See? The chopper's coming.

ALPHA 2: (horrified) I don't think that it's ours...

The rumbling gets louder and closer.

Sheer terror strikes through as they spot a heavily armed attack helicopter rise over the dunes.

... TO BE CONTINUED 

Edited by Archana_Vinod - 8 years ago
magicalrosid thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Oh god...sid has a tough time...hope he and his family escapes soon...