Mahakumbh 81-84: Inconsistencies abounding

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Folks,

Before I started this one, I was repeating to myself, like  a mantra,  "I shall not get too exasperated!", so  that the post should not sound like one long rant against the Mahakumbh script. I think the chanting has worked, but  as for its efficacity, that is for you to judge after you have  come to the end of this post!πŸ˜‰

I wrote a mini-take on the Monday episode that some of you might have seen, and that  was the beginning of  a bad week.  This was

Mahakumbh 81: Of means and ends

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/122375397

The next mini-post, Mahakumbh 82:Escalating inconsistencies, about the Tuesday episode, was never posted due to a net failure of a day, which was perhaps all for the best, for it too was none too gentle in tone.  In fact, I think I wrote these two daily analyses, contrary to my standard practice, mainly to let off steam!

Now for the whole week. The script made sure that my title is fully justified, and the Tata Sky synopsis for tonight, which say that Rao cures Maya by injecting her with a mixture of some herbs of his own and Rudra's blood,  only reinforces the validity of the title, Inconsistencies abounding!

Let me thus start with a list of the offending parts, in which I am not including the numerous holes in the Rao as the Master Criminal twist, which I had covered at length in my last post. These are fresh ones!

-Augustus Rao: Augustus (Agastya Parashar Gautam) Rao, with those AK- 47 toting guards all lined up, and a  dim tent  with more zombie like guards in it, looked more ludicrous than scary.  Julius Caesar's nephew, the first Roman Emperor Augustus Caesar,  would be horrified at the sight of such a downmarket namesake!

What was it with that Ruritanian style uniform? He would have been   definitely more sinister in  his regulation grey jacket. Rao  is also a remarkably wooden faced actor, which does not  help matters.  He cannot convey menace even when the recipients, the Veshes, are more than ready to genuflect before him in rank fear.

Pointless bravado: His boasting about how he will become the second Bhagwan, the one on earth -   who would have found out the formula for  creating amrit  by analyzing a sample (this is itself a very tall claim, but let that pass!), would manufacture it wholesale in a factory, and then sell immortality at extortionate prices -   would be comical if it were not so illogical.

Why would Rao's potential clients believe that this precious  and unbelievably expensive liquid would actually make them immortal? Why would anyone pay so heavily for a  concoction the efficacity of which would require decades to prove? It is a non-starter, but Rao does not seem to realise this.

In contrast, the others yearning for the amrit, so far as I could make out, seem to want it for themselves, for personal immortality,  and thus endless power and domination over the  world. Incidentally,  I have never understood how the second follows from the first, but that is another inconsistency that has been there from the very beginning!

Sector 53 : Of more immediate concern, Rao  also seemed, from one episode to the  next,  to have completely forgotten all about his earlier, urgent and scary order, conveyed thru Greyerson to the 'Veshes, that Sector 53 should be cleared completely, thru bribery or mass killings, for now he tells them to merely follow the orders of the nagas.

There is no  explanation offered for this about turn, but maybe he has reconsidered and dropped that insane idea.  The Veshes, delighted to  be let off the hook, would not have asked for clarifications, especially as they can now collar the whole of the Rs. 50  crores!πŸ˜‰ So what was the point of all that argument between Greyerson and the Veshes about that order, just  the day before?

Sole flash of good sense: The only thing that Rao said this week that was sensible was that till the amrit  surfaced, it was necessary  for him and his  staff to protect the nagas from the garuds  and vice versa - undoubtedly so that he has two chances of getting at the amrit instead of just one - and this without either of  them knowing about it.

Finally, where was that ladidah tent of Rao's, pray? I could not catch what Greyerson said, but surely it cannot be in the Mahakumbh grounds, where all this private armoury would not be allowed?

-Saraswati dethroned!:  All this while, we have had it dinned into our collective heads that the ONLY  source of the amrit was the vilupt  Saraswati, which would become prakat  at the time of its sangam with the Ganga and the Yamuna, at the Triveni at Prayag on Mahashivaratri day at the once in 144 years Mahakumbh. That the amrit kalash would be at the heart of a whirlpool that would emerge in the Saraswati.

Now, Rao, out of the blue and quite casually, informs his ADC Greyerson: Bharatiya shastron ke anusaar, dharti ko ek jeevit vastu maana gaya hai. Isiliye yahan ki sanskriti mein ise maa kaha jaata hai. Ab jis prakaar maa apne bachche ke liye doodh paida karti hai, waise hi yeh dharti samay samay par amrit paida karti hai. Us amrit ka durupayog na ho isliye us amrit ko nadi mein undelne ka kaam kuch logon ko saunp diya jaata hai.

America mein Mississippi aur Colorado, Africa mein Nile, aur India mein Ganga, in nadiyon mein amrit undela jaata hai. Isiliye in nadiyon ka duniya bhar mein bada mahatva hai. Par yeh bahut gut rakha gaya hai, taaki is prakriya mein koyi baadha na pahunche.

Now what is the viewer to  make of this sudden revelation? The Nile is of  course the  River of Life for Egypt, but I never knew that the Mississippi and the Colorado were sacred rivers as well!  I have visited the  valley of the Colorado twice, and the Grand Canyon as well. Pity I did not know that the river water was laced with amrit, nahin to ek lota Colorado ka jal to saath mein lati aur pooja ghar mein Gangajal ke saath rakh deti!πŸ˜‰

And what is it about those tasked with the undelna of the amrit , that Mother Earth apparently disgorges spontaneously and sporadically, into these designated rivers? When and where? And who are those designated for this ultra secret task?

It is all more that bizarre.  If Rao knows of the when and where, why does he  not go there and collect an amrit  sample  at the very source, from the earth? Why indulge in all this complicarted and long rigmarole?

Jokes apart, the whole thing is nuts. It demolishes, at one stroke,  the whole basis of our tale thus far:  that the amrit  can be seen, and if possible got, only from the Saraswati at the pre-destined time and place, at the special Mahakumbh once every 144 years.  If one can get amrit  from the Nile and the Mississippi and the Colorado, then why wait for 144 years and then congregate only at the Mahakumbh in Prayag?

It sounded as if the writer had been high on  something quite potent!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

- The great vish hunt: As I had expected, this was pure abracadabra,  straight out something like Hatim Tai.  There was the  bubbling, boiling brew of vish,  and the Guru Maharaj sticking out his forked tongue and waving it about repeatedly  in front of  a totally unmoved  Rudra. Perhaps he did it to reassure himself that it was indeed there in his mouth, for there was no other valid reason that I could think of.πŸ˜‰

The only good point was Rudra  seizing opportunity  by the forelock, as Shakespeare would have put it, dunking the forked tongued one into the  pool of vish and then forcing him to transfer it to Rudra's blood  by (as far as I could make out in that gloom) biting him.

That, and the exceptionally  ugly and creepy Guru Maharaj  doing  a Maaricha, faithful to the last to the naga  cause, but finally kicking the bucket from a vish  overdose. I hope he is the nagabali that awakens Shivanand's shaktiyaan, for it is high time that was done!

Then there was Rudra staggering back  with the naga vish  in his veins. For a total screen time, all  the bits included, of  5 minutes and  56 seconds.  It made for excruciating and then, as the scene dragged on and on,  very boring viewing, seeing that there was no tragic element involved and one knew he would pull thru. 

Instead, questions, all logical, surfaced. Why does Rudra not take Leela with him to the vish kendra? She should know best how to tackle it.  If he does want to go alone, why does he not take one of the DM's jeeps  with him, so that he can make it back fast, and without having to provide such prolonged delectation for the Naga Pramukh?

There was Dansh rejoicing, as usual prematurely, that Rudra  would be dead and gone soon enough, while MB's face was a study in conflicting emotions: unshakeable stoicism, but under that, a thin layer of worry and near fear. She has the  gift of  making even a fleeting shot a must watch.

-A  naagmani, a naagmani!:   Leela tells Rudra that the vish  from the vish kendra  alone can cure Maya.  That, and everything else she does subsequently, is in obedience to Dansh's explicit orders, with the unambiguous aim of killing Rudra by  exploiting his emotional  bond with Maya.  But when upbraided by Thappadiya Mai for her treachery towards the man who had saved her life, what does Leela confess?

Why, that  she had no other choice but to betray Rudra and lead him to his death, because Dansh ke paas wo mani hai jiske kaaran hum sab ko uske ishaaron par chalna padega..  In short, the naagmani beloved of writers  and directors of  fantasies involving ichchadaari nagas  and nagins,  often with the sultry Sridevi heading the cast. πŸ˜‰

Hallelujah, folks, we now  have a true blue (very likely literally so)  naagmani . Apni katha ko rochak banaane ke liye bas yeh hi baaki thi!  πŸ˜‰

But if Dansh does have these irresistible powers thanks to his naagmani, then how come Drish  dethrones him so summarily the other day and  takes over all his naag vansh ke adhikaar? What was the naagmani  doing then?

- Now you vish, now you don't!:  Ok, the nagvish in Rudra's  blood -  that has  halted his breathing and turned him blue by the time Rao (having duly gone back to his grey academic jacket and no cap look)  gets him back  to his tent -  is so strong, according to both Leela and Dansh, that even a naga can tolerate it only for  a short while.   If that is so, how is it that it can be neutralized  by just three drops of Leela's standard issue naga blood, that too only dropped on Rudra's skin? No answers to this one,πŸ˜‰ but Rudra's whole face and body become vishmukt in a matter of seconds.

Ok, well and good, and presumably though Leela's blood cannot cure Maya directly, it is industrial strength and can neutralize the  vish kendra vish, and Rudra's blood is now free of it. But now comes the rub.

Leela says that only the vish kendra vish  can kaatofy the vish in Maya's body. But that vish  is now no longer there in Rudra's body. Despite this, according to the credible Tata Sky synopsis for tonight, Rao cures Maya by injecting her with Rudra's blood plus some herbs of his own. How is this   possible?  Not that this is something to protest about, seeing the other whoppers dished out to us of late, but still, it  merits noting.  

- Drish and Dansh: Yoyoing : This is the last item on my list.

Right from the  entry of the nagas we have been bemoaning the fact that Drish, though ostensibly the  guru of the Naga Pramukh Dansh,  seemed to have very little control over or even any inputs into Dansh's decisions,  and that he approached Dansh  and handled him overall in a very hesitant manner. What was worse, the relationship between them was, even formally,  hardly  like a guru-shishya one.  Dansh showed  Drish only the bare minimum of the respect due to a guru.

This near-subservience of the guru  to his shishya came thru most clearly  after  the aborted exchange plan,  when Drish accepted Dansh's almost  casual explanation for his having  killed Leela  without demanding an accounting  or accusing him of anything.

The most recent, and relevant example of  Drish accepting all of Dansh's decisions re:Leela came when  Dansh tells his guru,  in response to  his question about whether he was going to use Leela in this battle against the garuds, that she  would be his biggest strategy (of course he means tactic, not strategy). For though they could easily trace the dimaag  of the garuds,  as for what was  going on in their dils, only Leela could trace that.

Now, this could hardly have been done without smuggling Leela into the garud camp secretly. And Drish, be it noted, smiles with a hint of pride in his daughter. There is no hint of any objection from his side.

An inexplicable U-turn: But what does he do on Tueday night?  He storms in unexpectedly,  and berates Dansh,  most uncharacteristically, in the bluntest possible terms  ab sawaal main poochunga aur jawaab tum doge!   He then rips Dansh's  whole plan of sending Leela to the garuds as a naga jasoos  - something that, as noted above, he had approved  just the week before - to shreds with utter contempt,  and once more lauds the satveen garud  Bhairavi for her exceptional powers of mind and body.

Dansh is, understandably, shell-shocked, for it was, to him and to me, as if a rabbit had suddenly bared its teeth and bitten a lion. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

He scrambles to retrieve lost ground by arguing with his suddenly aggressive and dominating guru.  But it is too late, for Drish not only  declares that he  has lost faith in Dansh because of this foolish decision of his that has endangered Leela' s life - another shocker - but caps it all by taking back all the powers of the naga vansh  from Dansh, who sags visibly under the blow.

Now this was like a blow in the solar plexus not just for Dansh  - who deserved to be taken down several pegs anyway - but for me as well. I  was not aware that the post of the Naga Pramukh was a probationary one, subject to the  approval or disapproval of the  naga guru, who could dethrone  him at will! 

But what was  bizarre was the 180 degrees about turn in the characterization of Drish.  As with the recently anointed Boss of Bosses Augustus Rao,  this drastic, overnight  recasting of the naga guru was totally  implausible.

Reverse gear again: But the matter does not end there. Come Wednesday, Drish is back in the naga  hqrs. (from his present location in the Mahakumbh grounds,  next to the tunnel to Sector 53  being dug for the nagas  by those  whom Rao describes, with cruel accuracy, as the choohe, Devesh and Balivesh, soon to be gobbled up by the nagas  in whose  integrity Devesh reposes total trust), saying that he wants to discuss something important with Dansh. But why, seeing that he had,  just 2 days earlier, cheenofied  all the naga vansh ke adhikaar  from the self-same Dansh because he had lost faith in his judgement?

Drish then proceeds to reverse gear even more thoroughly. Explaining why he does not trust MB, who he feels is a garud jaasoos a la Leela, he adds that the garuds  could be planning to divide the nagas, given that Maine tumhari kabiliyat par shaque kiya, aise pehle kabhi nahin hua.. And with that, he promptly reverts to his doormat stance, while Dansh begins to strut  and preen as if  his sudden dethronement of 2 days ago had never happened.

Now this kind of  drastic yo-yoing  of a main character  is not what one expects from a show like  Mahakumbh. It seems  that now, anything goes as far as the writers are concerned. They are like Humpty Dumpty in Alice in Wonderland, who asserted: A word means what I say it means, no more and no less. Replace word  by character,  and here we are!πŸ˜‰

Given this recurrent pattern,  all these painstaking analyses of ours of what was said and done, when  and by whom, and the  logical conclusions we try to draw from those, are clearly  pointless and a sheer waste of time, for it seems that any character can be stood on his/her head at any moment!

The characters: Let us now see where our  principal dramatis personae  stand at the end of this week.

-Shivanand: not just dar ki bimaari:  The prolonged scene of Shivanand transferring his fears about the death, under horrible circumstances, of all the 7 garuds, to Katharine  was well enacted on his side but totally depressing. For it is not just that he is  the clutches of the dar ki  bimaari  that MB warns Rudra about, the fear psychosis that  has been instilled in him by the nagas  (the bit about both Drish and Dansh yelling at Shivanand after his brain has been mapped, trying to drive him  mad with fear, was unpleasant and  hardly worth a watch).

It is  rather that he, the brains trust of the garuds,  and thus of their mission to protect the amrit from misuse at the hands of the nagas and other evildoers,  has suffered a total moral collapse. He is no  longer the dedicated garud willing to sacrifice anything for the cause.

Rakshakon ke parivaar nahin hote used to be his moolmantra. But now he no longer wants to die, or to let his fellow garuds die for this  cause. Kya faayda amrit ki raksha ka jab hum hi jeevit nahin bachenge? Kyon bali chadayenge hum apni? Hum jeeyenge, tumhein bhi bachayenge. Hum nahin marenge!

And his garud chinna  glows  in that livid poisonous naga  blue-green.I felt very sad to see my favourite character -  who has survived  24 years of  torture with his head "bloody but unbowed" -  reduced to this, with the stuffing knocked out of him by Dansh's poison and his tactics. What a fall it was, my gentle readers (with apologies to Mark Antony)!

Enough is enough!: This apart, I  do not know about you folks, but I have had enough of Shivanand's OTT screaming and wailing. As I wrote in my last weekly  post,  keeping in mind his history of standing up to the worst kind of torture in  Poland,  and his aggressiveness even in his post-naga vish  hallucinations, it is hard to believe that so tough a man could be so thoroughly shattered, mentally and physically, just because of a series  hard blows with MB's staff.

But he now seems like a  wreck, either flailing about in terror, or ranting like a Biblical prophet about death to the nagas.   I am sure he will get the critics' award next year for these uncontrolled performances, but I would be most grateful if they could cease!

Rudra: A crisis of conscience: Rudra began the week by looking blank and undecided at the same time, while Tiwari looked silently bloodthirsty - I am sure if the bali  was to be of a fellow garud, he would be equally ready for it😲- and Katharine and Thappadiya Mai were  not worth even a mention. What a sorry lot these garuds  are!

Rudra  is the Garud Pramukh, and given  his cast iron commitment to insaaniyat, of course including the nagas  as well, he could hardly execute Leela in cold blood ( an inadvertent pun,πŸ˜‰ for snakes are cold  blooded, come  to think of it!), so why did  he not say so at once as a Garud Pramukh ka aadesh?  I wondered why it took him so long,  till after they all drifted away from him to Tiwari, to lay down the law to them. On Monday, half the episode was spent, in fact wasted,   with Rudra  either avoiding Tiwari's accusing/demanding gaze, or looking into his eyes defensively, like a couple of roothe premi!πŸ˜‰ It was all so bad-filmy and so stupid.

But still  I was sure that in the end, he would come thru this test of his leadership qualities very well. What I wanted to see was whether  he was able to  bring the other garuds back to his side thru the sheer force of moral superiority, not just  by exerting his final authority as the Garuda Pramukh.

He finally  lived  up to my expectations and more. Not only did he make clear to the errant quartet why the garuds  had been entrusted with this sacred mission, but he barked Bas!!  at Tiwari for having made that  malicious remark (that Rudra was not ready to sacrifice Leela because she  might save Maya's life). It  was a dramatic demonstration of the Garud Pramukh  both putting his foot down,  and putting a wayward garud  firmly in his place. That stentorian retort, which halted Tiwari in his tracks,  silenced the rest as well, and Rudra could amplify on his original refusal, noting  that he would not allow Leela to be sacrificed even if she could not save Maya.

Still ruled by his heart: But then he lapsed into folly, going alone and on foot to find the vish kendra  and tackle the  naga  guardian of the kendra, the Guru Maharaj. Why does he not take Leela with him, which would have been the only logical thing to do? Not only does he go alone, but he does not even think of going by jeep up to the point nearest the location, so as to be able to rush back with the vish,  nor of providing himself with some safe container for the vish. How did he think he was going to transport it back to his tent?In his mouth?

Nor does he spare a single thought  for what would happen to the mission of the garuds,  to protect the amrit, if he were to be killed in this attempt  because of the unnecessary risks he runs. Not for nothing does Dansh chortle in glee, his assessment of Rudra's weakness being due to  his emotions having been proved right.

That Rudra is saved in the end is pure fluke. But for Rao turning up just as he collapses in the middle of the road, and then Rao coaxing Leela into using her blood, he would have surely died. So no kudos for Rudra for having survived this foolish and quixotic adventure.

MB and Dansh: Well, after that superlative fencing  match between them in Episode 80,  one could hardly have expected that it would be topped this week. In the event, it was not, and the MB-Dansh track went downhill, as the Naga Pramukh  went back to his standard OTT sneering and  strutting about, preening  about his assumed victory over the garuds,  and giving himself 3 gun salutes. It was a pity he did not think of  a full 21 gun one. It might just have brought the roof down and buried  him!πŸ˜‰

But I loved MB's total self control, not betraying even the slightest hint of disappointment when Dansh, reverting to his arrogant folly default setting, turns down her offer of a sauda.  

Even more so, her Narada act, mentioning the nagabali angle  just as Guru Drish was storming in, thus setting the cat among the pigeons, and then settling down calmly to watch the fur fly. The dancing  mischief in her eyes as she noted that the decision should be not just for the Naga Pramukh to take, but for Leela's father as well,  was a delight to behold.πŸ‘

In between, as Rudra appears to be at death's door,  despite all her confidence in his destiny, MB looks shaken. Her  eyes strive for control, but the fear that lurks within them will not be denied. Still she is unbowed,  and when Dansh indulges in a stupid caper as a reporter seeking sound bytes abour her reaction to  a garud  defear without even a battle being fought,  she  regains her usual mastery, both over herself and the situation.

Jo apni chaal se tez bhaagne ki koshish karta hai, wo muh ke bal girta hai. Baki kaun jeetega, kaun haarega, yeh to samay batayega, tum nahin.. Dansh is still smirking, but now comes the body blow.

Tumhare guruji ne bataya hi hoga, ki amrit  tak pahunchne se pehle, saat dwaar kholne honge.. Aur wo  khulenge kaise, yeh main batati hoon. Teesri kitaab se. Aur agar teesri kitaab nahin mili,  to garudon ko haraakar bhi naag jeet nahin paayenge. ...

Then she comes up close to him, bends almost double and leans on her staff - in an Avvayaar style pose, for my Tamil readers - exactly as she did in the library after clobbering Tiwari as the last.  Her eyes are lit up with subdued triumph as she asks him, her voice dripping with sarcasm: Naqli jeet ka nasha utar gaya, ya ab bhi baaki hai?  She smiles widely  in pure,  mischievous delight πŸ‘as Dansh's face darkens in anger,  and he smashes the hour glass in impotent rage.

No wonder Dansh later tells Drish that they will have to trust MB out of sheer necessity,  that of getting hold of the Third Book before the garuds  regroup,  and will have  to take her help to find it.  He adds,  his suppressed rage boiling up into a vehement assertion: Aur mein sirf - his forefinger raised for emphasis - Bhairavi ki madad le raha hoon. Baaki apne khoon mein itna zeher bhar liya hai ki kisi par vishwas karna bhi mere bas mein nahin raha..

A fallen angel?:In that instant, I felt very sorry  for Dansh. What a fate, to be locked into this mental prison  for life, unable to feel love, devoid of the ability to care for another, to trust another, with a psyche as drenched in poison, and by his own doing,  as his blood!

I wondered: did Dansh  ever have a mother who loved him and coddled him and lavished her affection on him without any thought  of return? Or was he a swayambhu,  born and raised in darkness and anger, comsumed by hate and driven only by the desire to win  and to crush all the opposition, by any which means?

I have often wondered similarly about Satan, who was once an angel, Lucifer, son of the morning. How far did Lucifer fall, and how far has Dansh fallen!

NB: I noted, in the Wednesday credits, that Utkarsh's name was missing, and it was the same on Thursday. I wondered about that, but Arijit has now confirmed that Utkarsh has indeed left Mahakumbh. It will be a major loss for the show, and as for me, I came to this show only because of Utkarsh.  I do not plan to leave it before it comes to an end, but I do hope his replacement(s) will be able to  bridge the gap at least half satisfactorily.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Edited by sashashyam - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Today I am the first to reply to this post Shymaladi as I was eagerly waiting for your post. You have done an excellent analysis of the inconsistencies. I will try to clarify 2 of the inconsistencies as I understood it, but major part of my post this time is dedicated for how the story can end. Don't kill me for these predictions, but this how I see it.

First let me tackle the 2 inconsistencies. Rudra going alone to Vish -Kendra. His nature is like that. It is not the first time he is doing such fatoo things alone. If there is danger he believes to go in there alone. Now why didn't Leela go. Simple. She tells to Charles if she could achieve what she has set out to do with the truth, why she should lie. In other words Leela was planning to send Rudra to his death as she knew Rudra will take poison in his body and he will not be able to survive. That is what she has come there for.

Point no 2 Drish and Dansh face off. I somehow felt that was a ploy from Drish to show MB she had succeeded in dividing them because he later comes and tells Dansh MB might be a mole from Garuds.

Yes I agree to you on Dansh. When he said he is filled with venom and cannot trust anyone I felt sorry, because what is that life in which you always feel insecure. Because if you cant feel trust, then you always feel danger from all parts and to live in such a mental state which has fear inside but trying to be bold outside is really really bad.

Now coming to prediction. You remember me telling I don't feel any connect between Rudra-Maya. I couldn't connect them at any level. I couldn't understand why Maya fell for Rudra, why Rudra fell for Maya. What kind of Amar Prem Katha they had for him to marry her. In other words that whole love story I had told was a Maya or an illusion. Also Dadi tells she is not sure whether Rudra-Maya has Prem ka bandhan, but they have Karm ka bandhan.

In other words Maya is needed for Rudra to complete his duty, but she may not be his soul mate. So who is his soulmate. I had also mentioned earlier that Maya has to go for Shakthi to emerge. Now in Pre cap Rudra is asking Maya to go to safety, but she is refusing. Maya had promised Rudra that if he asks her to go she will go. But not listening to him in pre cap what is gonna happen.

Couple of my takes. First and the foremost let me drop the bombshell. I am expecting Rudra- Leela wedding on Mahashivrathri after Amrit is saved. Why. That's the way to keep the word MB gave to Nagas. She said Nagas will get half Amrit. What better way than the marriage of Garuda Pramukh to the daughter of Nag Guru and ensure the Naga-Garuda enmity is ended once and for all. Also if that happens people like  Dr Rao who exploits the fights between the internal forces and use them to make his ends meet will be kept out( It has to be the message of MK also because the culture of India was lost because we fought among ourselves over petty things and allowed intruders like Mughals, East India company, British and now the western culture to take over us. When families fight it is always the outsiders who make merry by taking the best things which are actually treasured within families, cultures, countries etc..)

Now I will tell why I expect Rudra- Leela wedding and what will happen to Maya. First let us see about Rudra-Leela. Unlike Rudra- Maya where there was no basis for their love story, I see a connect between Rudra-Leela. Not any romance at this point but a deep respect for each other. And their actions are defined. Why Rudra saved Leela. Because he is a protector and comes from a family where woman is worshipped. Does Leela immediately fall for him. No she is strong on her conviction. Does he force her to stop. No he lets her go because he only did his duty of a protector. Leela helps Rudra in the first instance because she tells Drish that if she didn't Rudra would have beaten up everyone of them. Don't think it is entirely true. The conscience in her didn't allow her to keep mum.
Again she comes as a mole of Dansh only. Rudra saves her and trust her words that she will save Maya. There was a scene where Rudra had to choose between logic and conscience with Tiwari. I had loved his choosing conscience. Why he didn't allow the Nag bali of Leela is again his conscience wont allow with the sanskaars he has got from his family as well as from Maimui. Again Leela saves him choosing conscience over ideals( I am not talking about the two drops or 3 drops, but the fact that she saved Rudra the Garud Pramukh going against Naga ideals. And as per Samudra Manthan she is Parvati for me) 
And she is not blindly saving him. It is his actions that make her do it. Man who saves her twice. Man who stands for her free will even against his own clan. Man who is willing to risk his life for the woman he loves. Man who respects his wife. A man like that deserves to be saved compared to the one whom she is supposed to marry, who has scant regard for her. Who just want to use her and once that is over use her as a decorative piece in his house.

And there are other indications also. Leela's need to marry a man who will respect her. Dansh telling on Mahasivarathri day she will be the queen of the man who wins the battle.

And now you will be wondering what will happen to Maya if all this has to happen. Simple. According to me Maya has to die. She is Naga vanshi and she will be the Nag bali that Garuds might do unknowingly that will awaken their powers. Either Garuds or Dansh will come to kill Leela and instead Maya will become the prey( One way or the other I feel she will die). Illusion will go at the right moment, as Dadi said in the path of Rudra's duty and of course Leela will come as his soul mate.

Please don't go eggs and tomatoes at me for this prediction. This is the most logical one I see at this point irrespective of the inconsistencies at the script. But it is CVs, it is TV, there is TRP aunty anything can happen.  

rosame thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Another stupid twist ...Maya to be kidnapped .
http://t.co/cgZh1FYWSe
sashashyam thumbnail
Let us hope she stays kidnapped then!πŸ˜‰ The thought of Maya once again making gooey eyes at Rudra is already making me feel queasy! And now they have only 36 episodes left.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by: rosame

Another stupid twist ...Maya to be kidnapped .

http://t.co/cgZh1FYWSe

sashashyam thumbnail
My dear Shruthi,

I will buy into your Rudra-Maya-Leela prediction without any qualms or reservations. But I suspect that in the end, we will have our Leela dying to save Rudra like a true blue haari huyi premika,and ending up with a nice halo.

I would any day prefer your option, which is  lucidly argued, and then, though Leela is no  great shakes as a performer - her expression is unchanged most of the time, a blank, steady gaze -  she is any day preferable to Maya. The very thought of Maya once again making gooey eyes at Rudra is making me feel queasy!πŸ˜‰

But I do not think Drish was playacting in front of MB.  If that had been the case, surely he would have said so the next time he meets Dansh. And what would be the  point in trying to mislead MB on those lines, when she has not left the nagalok, and would  be bound to find out  the truth very soon?

Shyamala Di

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

Today I am the first to reply to this post Shymaladi as I was eagerly waiting for your post. You have done an excellent analysis of the inconsistencies. I will try to clarify 2 of the inconsistencies as I understood it, but major part of my post this time is dedicated for how the story can end. Don't kill me for these predictions, but this how I see it.

First let me tackle the 2 inconsistencies. Rudra going alone to Vish -Kendra. His nature is like that. It is not the first time he is doing such fatoo things alone. If there is danger he believes to go in there alone. Now why didn't Leela go. Simple. She tells to Charles if she could achieve what she has set out to do with the truth, why she should lie. In other words Leela was planning to send Rudra to his death as she knew Rudra will take poison in his body and he will not be able to survive. That is what she has come there for.

Point no 2 Drish and Dansh face off. I somehow felt that was a ploy from Drish to show MB she had succeeded in dividing them because he later comes and tells Dansh MB might be a mole from Garuds.

Yes I agree to you on Dansh. When he said he is filled with venom and cannot trust anyone I felt sorry, because what is that life in which you always feel insecure. Because if you cant feel trust, then you always feel danger from all parts and to live in such a mental state which has fear inside but trying to be bold outside is really really bad.

Now coming to prediction. You remember me telling I don't feel any connect between Rudra-Maya. I couldn't connect them at any level. I couldn't understand why Maya fell for Rudra, why Rudra fell for Maya. What kind of Amar Prem Katha they had for him to marry her. In other words that whole love story I had told was a Maya or an illusion. Also Dadi tells she is not sure whether Rudra-Maya has Prem ka bandhan, but they have Karm ka bandhan.

In other words Maya is needed for Rudra to complete his duty, but she may not be his soul mate. So who is his soulmate. I had also mentioned earlier that Maya has to go for Shakthi to emerge. Now in Pre cap Rudra is asking Maya to go to safety, but she is refusing. Maya had promised Rudra that if he asks her to go she will go. But not listening to him in pre cap what is gonna happen.

Couple of my takes. First and the foremost let me drop the bombshell. I am expecting Rudra- Leela wedding on Mahashivrathri after Amrit is saved. Why. That's the way to keep the word MB gave to Nagas. She said Nagas will get half Amrit. What better way than the marriage of Garuda Pramukh to the daughter of Nag Guru and ensure the Naga-Garuda enmity is ended once and for all. Also if that happens people like  Dr Rao who exploits the fights between the internal forces and use them to make his ends meet will be kept out( It has to be the message of MK also because the culture of India was lost because we fought among ourselves over petty things and allowed intruders like Mughals, East India company, British and now the western culture to take over us. When families fight it is always the outsiders who make merry by taking the best things which are actually treasured within families, cultures, countries etc..)

Now I will tell why I expect Rudra- Leela wedding and what will happen to Maya. First let us see about Rudra-Leela. Unlike Rudra- Maya where there was no basis for their love story, I see a connect between Rudra-Leela. Not any romance at this point but a deep respect for each other. And their actions are defined. Why Rudra saved Leela. Because he is a protector and comes from a family where woman is worshipped. Does Leela immediately fall for him. No she is strong on her conviction. Does he force her to stop. No he lets her go because he only did his duty of a protector. Leela helps Rudra in the first instance because she tells Drish that if she didn't Rudra would have beaten up everyone of them. Don't think it is entirely true. The conscience in her didn't allow her to keep mum.
Again she comes as a mole of Dansh only. Rudra saves her and trust her words that she will save Maya. There was a scene where Rudra had to choose between logic and conscience with Tiwari. I had loved his choosing conscience. Why he didn't allow the Nag bali of Leela is again his conscience wont allow with the sanskaars he has got from his family as well as from Maimui. Again Leela saves him choosing conscience over ideals( I am not talking about the two drops or 3 drops, but the fact that she saved Rudra the Garud Pramukh going against Naga ideals. And as per Samudra Manthan she is Parvati for me) 
And she is not blindly saving him. It is his actions that make her do it. Man who saves her twice. Man who stands for her free will even against his own clan. Man who is willing to risk his life for the woman he loves. Man who respects his wife. A man like that deserves to be saved compared to the one whom she is supposed to marry, who has scant regard for her. Who just want to use her and once that is over use her as a decorative piece in his house.

And there are other indications also. Leela's need to marry a man who will respect her. Dansh telling on Mahasivarathri day she will be the queen of the man who wins the battle.

And now you will be wondering what will happen to Maya if all this has to happen. Simple. According to me Maya has to die. She is Naga vanshi and she will be the Nag bali that Garuds might do unknowingly that will awaken their powers. Either Garuds or Dansh will come to kill Leela and instead Maya will become the prey( One way or the other I feel she will die). Illusion will go at the right moment, as Dadi said in the path of Rudra's duty and of course Leela will come as his soul mate.

Please don't go eggs and tomatoes at me for this prediction. This is the most logical one I see at this point irrespective of the inconsistencies at the script. But it is CVs, it is TV, there is TRP aunty anything can happen.  

appukrish thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sashashyam

Let us hope she stays kidnapped then!πŸ˜‰ The thought of Maya once again making gooey eyes at Rudra is already making me feel queasy! And now they have only 36 episodes left.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Amen to that Shyamladi! 
Arshics thumbnail
Shyamala, 
First of all the title is great, and really befitting the week that was. 

And all points raised by you are absolutely on dot. 

It's as if, the writers forget their own words and take off on different tangents 

Your take on rudras visit to the Vishkendra clearly shows up the weak script with huge loopholes

This kind of juvenile writing - the forked tongue, and the way that naga kept brandishing it around

Rudras 5 min 56 sec of reeling and falling only to get cured by the teen boond khoon 

The non scary pasty Rao, with slurred speech and unclear diction 

The inane and blank garudas and contortionist shiva 

All made for a show that seems to have lost its way 

The only highlight were the dansh bhairavi scenes 

@shruthi

You have raised a very interesting turn in the story

Rudra Leela vivah, and Maya Kya anth - I don't know, My expectations from the writers are an all time low  
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: appukrish

Amen to that Shyamladi! 

What's with the story and kidnappings? 

Three times for shiva 

Twice now for Maya 

Anyway, as you said Aparna, Amen to that 

Let her stay kidnapped, do not want to see Rudra Maya pappi jhappi 
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Shyamaldi I had first thought of your option. Leela dying to save Maya which is the most expected hari hui premika  but there are some other reasons why I put the above thing.  I was telling about Triveni sangam right.
See the point of combination of 3 rivers. Point of combination of 3 ladies Maya, Katherine, Leela. Bhairavi tells Katharine is the joining point. Jodthi hai is the word she uses for Katherine.

Note that Lupta Saraswati is visible only for 7 minutes and in the end we see only Ganga and Yamuna only. Ganga the power and Yamuna the life giver. Knowledge once again goes Lupt.

Similarly if you look the 3 ladies Kat has to be there as she is the Garud. And one among the other 2 ladies has to go Maya or Leela. But at a certain point Maya, Leela banti hai and that point is when you understand or the knowledge emerges why certain things happened.

MB tells Ishwar ki Leela samajthe, samajthe hi samaj aayengi. If she has come to be a bali you don't need brains for it. It's obvious.

What is not obvious is Maya being Naga vanshi. And her death is also Naga bali something which will be done in the tug of war by Garud themselves or shall I say Katherine who is now hypnotized by Shiva and is in perpetual fear.

Bali of Maya is not something Garuds want because she is theirs. Her Bali can also show that when you try to take power from others bali tho apnon ki hi chadthi hai. But it is inevitable for the victory of the dharma.  This is one possiblility

Possibility 2 is Dansh telling if Leela betrays him even Rudra cant save her. True Rudra wont be able to save her, but Maya will save the woman who saved her husband and with Dansh hand itself Garud's power will be activated.

I have connected quite a lot to arrive at the theory of Rudra-Leela marriage.

Anyways crying Maya is unbearable for me in the precap. Not sure how long we will have to suffer her πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i don' t know how more inconsistency will be shown. now only bhairavi is constant.