India-Forums

Dharamkshetra discussion thread 2 (Page 9)

AnuMP IF-Rockerz
AnuMP
AnuMP

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:09am | IP Logged
I know Arijit bhai and Brishti 
That's why I called it intellectual cowardice. Why can't they confront the characters' actual mistakes and give a show we can sink our teeth into?

I disagree that education is not the same. Without knowledge there is darkness and a man fighting his way out should never be denied on the basis of caste. There are other reasons to deny him information, but not that.

My version of show -

Suyo - Mera ek aarop hein.
Karna (surprised) - aapka mujhse kya shikwa ho sakthi hein?
Suyo - Aapke kaaran, yeh ulloo aur kaayar log mujhe gaaliyan dethe hein. Sab samjhthe hein ki mein ne Bhabhishree Panchali  ke saath 420i kiya tha.
Karna - Aww. Here, take my kavach kundal. It can protect you from the brick bats that should have rightly come my way.

Indra - Err, did you forget something?

Edited by AnuMP - 14 May 2015 at 10:19am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mahalaxmi-sitaDurgaSDharmaPriyaaCaptainSparkThe.Lannister

CaptainSpark IF-Rockerz
CaptainSpark
CaptainSpark

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:12am | IP Logged
LOL Anu DI ROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DurgaS

DharmaPriyaa IF-Dazzler
DharmaPriyaa
DharmaPriyaa

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:14am | IP Logged
Honestly speaking, I would have at least slapped the man who had insulted my younger brother in front of public and threatened to kill him. Bheem only called him suta putra instead of doing so (who says Bheem has no control on anger?). I do not see Bheem's fault here, not a little bit. Calling a suta as a suta is not crime IMO, at least in Dwapar yug. But Karna was an outsider and he did not have right even to challenge Arjun there, let alone threaten him.
And yes, thanks Brishti for posting that point. Everybody clapped when Dury protected Karna's 'honour' but none protested (and none protests in this kaliyuga too) when finger is raised at the divine births of Pandavas Cry

@ Anu di, LOVED it ClapLOL

Edited by Urmila11 - 14 May 2015 at 8:22am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mahalaxmi-sitaDurgaSCaptainSpark

mahalaxmi-sita Senior Member
mahalaxmi-sita
mahalaxmi-sita

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AnuMP

@Indianprincess 
Sin isn't determined by culture. Presumably Chitragupta is the gate keeper for the whole world and not just India.

Denying an education on the basis of caste is a greater sin than lying to your teacher. That's almost like telling a starving man stealing a loaf of bread that he committed a sin and persecuting him for the rest of his life for it.

@Rest Karna's crime was mainly in the DS. There are reasons to suspect this was an add on. But if we take the epic as is, at this point in time, it was an unforgivable crime. Even the involvement in Lac House can be explained away as fighting for his friend's throne. But not the assault on Panchali.

There really is not much else in the epic to malign him. Abhi vadh happened in the context of war. I keep saying, if you involve your children in war, you have to expect them to come back in boxes. That is the reality of life.

What bugs me more is the fact that he is touted as one of main characters. He was not. Without him, nothing would have changed, till his involvement in the KK war; IF we consider VH an interpolation. With it he becomes a villain. Without it, he is not important till the war happens.
yes your right, denying education based on caste is wrong,  lying to ur guru/teacher is a bigger sin IMO .. Guru has been given status of god even in scriptures.lying to him is a grave sin.
how can he lie and touch his guru's feet at the same time.
and as far as i know, parshuram only denied education to kshatriyas, i don't think he was that stringent with vaishyas, sutas or other casts.. karn would have atleast tried to convince him by saying the truth and showing his ability to learn... but he chose the wrong way.
anyways, i'm not fond of him... i do sympathise with him.
the only problem i have is for some reason he is given too much importance and WWed at the expense of others and his DS antics are not shown properly .

DharmaPriyaaDurgaSCaptainSpark

DharmaPriyaa IF-Dazzler
DharmaPriyaa
DharmaPriyaa

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:21am | IP Logged
Not only for DS, I have many more aarops for him. I cannot forget lakshagriha, or the ghosh yatra one. How casually he suggested Dury to attack helpless Pandavas and kill them in forest!!! I think Dury too could not think this much. He just agreed with what his friend said. And finally, I have a little softness to Dury when he is really ashamed after Pandavas saved him, but look at Karna, that guy was still saying, "Pandavas are your slaves dear, it was their duty to save you!" Believe it or not, even Shakuni was soft to Pandavas after that incident. He told Dury to return IP. But only one was in his full form.

mahalaxmi-sitaDurgaSCaptainSpark

mahalaxmi-sita Senior Member
mahalaxmi-sita
mahalaxmi-sita

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Urmila11

Not only for DS, I have many more aarops for him. I cannot forget lakshagriha, or the ghosh yatra one. How casually he suggested Dury to attack helpless Pandavas and kill them in forest!!! I think Dury too could not think this much. He just agreed with what his friend said. And finally, I have a little softness to Dury when he is really ashamed after Pandavas saved him, but look at Karna, that guy was still saying, "Pandavas are your slaves dear, it was their duty to save you!" Believe it or not, even Shakuni was soft to Pandavas after that incident. He told Dury to return IP. But only one was in his full form.
what? did he actually say that?Angry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DharmaPriyaaDurgaS

CaptainSpark IF-Rockerz
CaptainSpark
CaptainSpark

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:27am | IP Logged

I better NOT start on aarops on him. The episode was totally disappointing!! I mean, ok, I was expecting whitewashing. But to this extent that all the arops got cleared ShockedAngry LOL man. Semanti and I had already predicted what would happen in the episode and that is what happened! Like seriously ROFL

ALL his arops got cleared and they said aapka nam Arjun se pehle liya jayeka. For what joy? Honestly speaking I will never forgive him, and do not sympathize at all with him.

DharmaPriyaaDurgaS

CaptainSpark IF-Rockerz
CaptainSpark
CaptainSpark

Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indianprincess

Originally posted by Urmila11

what? did he actually say that?Angry
he said a lot things dear WinkLOL

DharmaPriyaaDurgaS

Go to top