Dharamkshetra discussion thread 2 (Page 19)

AnuMP IF-Rockerz

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 9:33am | IP Logged
Brishti, this summarizes it wellLOL

Originally posted by Sadhana_pr

After almost skipping the entire series, I finally watched the finale of DK- Keshav!
I was reminded of a corporate meeting. Where your boss is in a self-loathing spree and all the employees are trying to register their token protest with "Oh no sir, you were not wrong, you don't need to clarify etc...". 
Something similar happened in the last episode. At regular intervals you had random characters mouth-"Oh, you don't need to go through this". When Dury and Karna did this, I seriously had to let out aLOL.

So basically Keshav had to explain why he in spite of being an Incarnate allowed the story to happen the way it is. He out of his own goodwill proceeded to explain the eclipse during Jayadrath vadh, and the Dron lie and Dury's broken thigh. 

The exciting part was the last round of this trial. When each character had to stand up as in a classroom and spell out the moral of his/her story. Some of them made sense, some appeared to be rambling as if just out of a napLOL.

And yes, the part where Dushy was explaining to Panchali how Keshav was there during the VH was epic in all senses of the wordLOL. Panchali's expression was classic-Ya, of all the people you should be telling me that! And I, the one who supposedly invoked him through my ardent prayers obviously had no clue,right?

Oh and obviously there was no question of punishment for Keshav. But he did pronounce a sentence for himself-that he would always be available for us. Assuming 'us' is represented by the people present in the court-from petulant kids to self righteous kings to victimised son of the sun to reluctant warriors to assertive queens-- I would agree, it would be quite a bit of a punishment dealing with them and their problems.!! 

Edited by AnuMP - 16 May 2015 at 9:34am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DharmaPriyaa IF-Dazzler

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 9:48am | IP Logged
Whatever it may be, I loved the GoYu moments. Eyelocks, dialogues, namaskars, pranaams everything Embarrassed I'm still in a GoYu hangover LOL They are my favourite two, their bonding always reminds me this famous verse, "Yato Krishnah Tato Dharmah, Yato Dharmah Tato Krishnah" Day Dreaming
Chiillii Senior Member

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Can anyone pls post written updates of vyasa and vidur episodes pls...I've missed them...Cry
.Reshama. IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:21am | IP Logged
hi guys, just saw episodes of  2nd of arjun, vidur, vedvays..
all were mindblowing..the episodes of karan and vidur.. got right positive verdict and  their justice..Thumbs Up
and vedvyas was interesting..i was very impressed about his answers

am only dissapointed that they didnt show satyawati and bhishma's father...

Edited by .Reshama. - 16 May 2015 at 12:07pm
panchaali IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by The.Lannister

Karna like Tyrion, Draupadi like Dany & Krishna like BaelishShocked
We interpret both MBH & ASOIAF very very differently then. 

Yup for sure Wink your Shocked smiley shows it...LOL

Edited by panchaali - 16 May 2015 at 1:30pm
panchaali IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Brishti_Sarkar

Originally posted by panchaali

Originally posted by Urmila11

Originally posted by Brishti_Sarkar

Vibhishan atleast chose right and most important he proudly said that in front of Ravaan that he does not support. Not like Karna who promises the rival's mom that I will not hamr your other sons when that is a huge loss for his "best friend". Considering Karna HAD the ability to defeat all Pandavs (atleast the twins) he cheated Duryodhan by promising Kunti.
He is worse than Vibhishan.

I can't see Vibhishan's insult, I'm a huge Vibhishan fan because he knew how to respect women. He did not even support his elder brother for abducting a woman. How can one compare Vibhishan with a person who assaulted a woman in a public court?

well I am raised hearing the phrase "Grihashatru Vibhishan".   so I hate the character Vibhishan from the core of my heart... he is the example of cowardice...

This phrase is used on people those who do not stand by their own  when they are in danger... 

For Vibhishan the rivals were rivals, yet he supported them

for Karna his rivals were his own brothers, situation was very different for him
yet he vowed to kill Arjun...because of Duryadhan...

his beggar mother said him not to kill any of the pandavs and come with her, when she the find the right advantage...

She asked him  those when Karna never returns any beggar without giving any alms... 

Bristi haven't you read high secondary books how could you talk such non sense..

Karna and VibhishanConfused well I have nothing to say except LOL this is hilarious and too much...

Firstly Panchaali Di can you please clear what you meant by high secondary books? If you name them I would be able to say if I read them or not.
Addition to that on a general note I would generally like to say that the problem nowadays is most of us prefer to read books written about the epic or based on the epic rather than the actual Vyasa text. That is why we are nto aware of what actually happened.
Now to answer you,
@BOLD - Can you please prove this with citation? Well, first of all Kunti NEVER begged his "oh-so-danveer" son for anyone's life. Neither did she instruct not to kill any Pandavas. What Kunti said was out of desperation and love for her son (Seriously I wonder what was the need to go to him. Ughh!!!). She was only requesting, desperately for KArna to come to THEIR side. She did nto say don't kill my sons. What she might have felt is that, she would not like to see Karna and Arjuna fight with each other knowing both are her sons. But what she said is :
 Kunti said, 'Thou art Kunti's son, and not Radha's. Nor is Adhiratha thy father. Thou, O Karna, art not born in the Suta order. Believe what I say. Thou wert brought forth by me while a maiden. I held thee first in my womb. O son, thou wert born in the palace of Kuntiraja. O Karna, that divine Surya who blazeth forth in light and maketh everything visible, O foremost of all wielders of weapons, begat thee upon me. O irresistible one, thou, O son, wert brought forth by me in my father's abode, decked with (natural) ear-rings and accoutred in a (natural) coat of mail, and blazing forth in beauty. That thou, without knowing thy brothers, shouldst, therefore, from ignorance, wait upon Dhritarashtra's son, is not proper. It is improper in thee especially, O son. The gratification of one's father and one's mother, who is the sole displayer of affection (for her child), hath, O son, in the matter of ascertaining the duties of men, been declared to be the highest of all duties. Acquired formerly by Arjuna, the prosperity of Yudhishthira hath, from avarice, been wrested by wicked persons. Snatching it back from Dhritarashtra's sons, do thou enjoy that prosperity. Let the Kurus behold today the union of Karna and Arjuna. Beholding thee and thy brother united together in bonds of brotherly love, let those wicked persons bow down unto ye. Let Karna and Arjuna be named in the same breath as Rama and Janardana. If you two are united together, what cannot be accomplished in the world? O Karna, surrounded by thy brothers, thou wilt, without doubt, blaze forth like Brahma Himself, surrounded by the gods on the platform of a great sacrifice. Endued with every virtue, thou art the first of all my relations. Let not the epithet Suta's son attach to thee. Thou art a Partha, endued with great energy.'"
"Vaisampayana said (After Kunti had said this), Karna heard an affectionate voice issued out of the solar circle. Coming from a great distance, that voice was uttered by Surya himself with paternal affection. (And it said)--The words said by Pritha are true. O Karna, act according to the words of thy mother. O tiger among men, great good will result to thee if thou fully followest those words.'
After which, this is what Karna said :
For the sake of Dhritarashtra's son, I shall fight against thy sons to the best of my strength and might. I must not, however, abandon kindness and the conduct that becometh the good. Thy words, therefore, however beneficial cannot be obeyed by me now. This thy solicitation to me will not yet be fruitless. Except Arjuna, thy other sons, Yudhishthira, Bhima, and the twins, though capable of being withstood by me in tight and capable also of being slain, shall not yet be slain by me. It is with Arjuna alone, among all the combatants of Yudhishthira, that I will fight. Slaying Arjuna in battle, I shall achieve great merit, or slain by Savyasachin, I shall be covered with glory. O famous lady, the number of thy sons will never be less than five. Five it will always be,--either with me, or with Arjuna, and myself slain.'
So its Karna who said that and not Kunti. I don't understand why people keep on blaming Kunti. And you just called her a beggar Panchaali di and she happens to be my favourite character after Arjuna so please support your title.
And lastly, some things are nonsense for some people other things for others right? It is all about our thinking. So neither am I speaking nonsense, neither you are. I find Karna jaap nonsense but I really cannot say anything to stop them. Can I? (UGhhh!!!!)
@Underlined - Because of Duryodhan? Really? But Karna always wanted to prove HIMSELF better than Arjuna. How is he wanting to kill Arjuna for Duryodhan? Even if you would say Bheem it would make some sense.. Confused
And lastly on the long run Vibhishan supported justice. Don't compare with Karna Smile

After reading this post I am just thinking why I cared to read it

It again made me ROFL 

people those who say Bhagat Singh and Khudiram Bose are terrorist open in a forum (debate forum)

they surely are not worthy of any debate...and does not match my taste at all...

Brahmaputra IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Was stalking. not intended to comment.LOL

Edited by Brahmaputra - 16 May 2015 at 9:00pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 1:03am | IP Logged
in my view, duryodhan was the mandbuddhi, not bheem. he was the one who listened to his heart. and he was the one who reacted first at dyutsabha. and that's why i chose to be his vyasa.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Go to top