Posted: 8 years ago

'I WOKE UP TO FIND THAT KAMAAL WAS GONE'

The non-examination of Kamaal Khan in court was one of the reasons the prosecution's case against Salman Khan in the 2002 hit-and-run case has been met with a lot criticism. The Oh O Jaane Jaana hitmaker is a prime witness as he was sitting in the back seat of Khan's Toyota Land Cruiser on the night that the actor rammed his SUV into pavement dwellers sleeping near Bandra's American Express bakery, killing one and injuring four. Kamaal, a British national, was almost like family for the Khans. He never deposed before a court despite giving a statement to the police saying that Salman was driving the car that night. His current whereabouts are not known. 

In late 2008, he left the country under mysterious circumstances. His then live-in partner, Shilpi Sharma claims that even she was unaware of his overnight disappearance until a housing agent told her that the Andheri flat they were living in had been sold off. 

"He used to be disturbed about the case," Shilpi told Mirror on the phone. "He'd get agitated if I mentioned the hit-and-run case, so I never probed. I got to know him two years after the incident and the unspoken rule was that we'd never talk of it." 

Shilpi met Kamaal in 2004 on the sets of Rahul Rawail's Jo Bole So Nihaal. The film marked the acting debut of both Kamaal and Shilpi, though he was already an established singer by then. "We were both starting our acting careers together and instantly connected. He was quite charming and I soon fell madly in love," reminisces Shilpi who has since quit acting to take up a DJ's job at a SoBo hotel. 

Kamaal would shuttle between Mumbai and London where he lived with his mother and brother. In 2006, after dating for two years, the couple decided to move into Kamaal's Oshiwara apartment. "It wasn't a fairy-tale romance. The ghost of the case loomed large over our relationship but we managed..." she says. The former actress admits that days before Kamaal disappeared, the fights had become frequent. "We fought but there was an attempt to maintain stability. 

But one day, late in 2008, I woke up to find that Kamaal was gone. I was shocked! It took me days, even months, to come to terms with the fact. I haven't been in a relationship since though my parents now insist that I should get married," says an emotional Shilpi who has also remixed popular chartbusters like Baby Doll and Chittiyan Kalaiyaan. Since she was left without a home in the city, she returned to her hometown in Rajasthan to live briefly with her parents. 

"Kamal's sudden disappearance caused me great embarrassment since I'd given up film offers to be with him. Maybe he had reasons. In a weird way, it gave me closure but also shattered my faith in men and relationships," she admits, insisting she hasn't followed the Salman Khan trial. "I have nothing to do with it." 

She recalls that when Kamaal vanished into thin air, he was doing reasonably well professionally. "His disappearance is as big a mystery to me as it is to anyone else. I hope he's living a happy life. I'm trying to," she says brokenly. Have there been any letters, emails, phone calls or word through a common friend? She says simply, "Only deafening silence."
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/entertainment/bollywood/I-woke-up-to-find-that-Kamaal-was-gone/articleshow/47228749.cms

Maybe Salman and his clan were threatening him ? Just a wild guess,don't eat me alive all those Salman's crazy fangirls
if i am not mistaken..Ravinder Patil also went missing. 
interesting.
Originally posted by briahna

if i am not mistaken..Ravinder Patil also went missing. 
interesting.

Isnt he dead?
Edited by evildesire - 8 years ago
Originally posted by evildesire

Isnt he dead?

but he went missing for some time before dying.

but he went missing for some time before dying.

oh wasnt aware of it..this case has really a lot of mysteries attached to it
Didnt Kamal Khan sing for wanted which was in 2009? 
Maybe they will soon finish him off unless he is already dead. 
Originally posted by .Hajmola.

Maybe they will soon finish him off unless he is already dead. 

sessions court sentenced him - Ravinder Patil plays the key role.
high court will overturn the sentence - Kamal Khan plays the key role.

wait and watch.

sessions court sentenced him - Ravinder Patil plays the key role.
high court will overturn the sentence - Kamal Khan plays the key role.

wait and watch.

Maybe Kamaal has a conscience too. Perhaps thats why he has been made to disappear. Otherwise he could have spoken in favor of bhai in the sessions court itself. Why wait till HC?