why do some women wear clothes they do - Page 2

Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by qwertyesque

btw this is more common in women who are under 20 and over 40...I do understand the over 40 mindset... they either give up and dress sloppy especially if they have not been in shape.. or like malaika aora..continue to reveal their physical characteristics and gather attention... but again the question is what is the thought process.. is that married really trying to excite the mailes, say while she is walking rhgouth the mall. or something.. or its just being sadistic... (look you cant have this!!! :) )

kind of attitude!!!?

Oh well! Just because post marriage, Malaika refused to hide  herself beneath a burqa or an astronaut's suit it gets interpreted as "continue to reveal" ... Would you say the same about Arbaaz Khan when he sports a sleeveless T-shirt or shorts or lets say topless, post marriage? Before questioning Malaika's thought process did you pause to question her spouse's thought process ? "When he walks into a mall  dressed up in revealing clothes does he do it to excite the females out there or is he being sadistic?" I must admit that this is already sounding quite insane to me  ! 😆

btw this is more common in women who are under 20 and over 40...I do understand the over 40 mindset... they either give up and dress sloppy especially if they have not been in shape.. or like malaika aora..continue to reveal their physical characteristics and gather attention... but again the question is what is the thought process.. is that married really trying to excite the mailes, say while she is walking rhgouth the mall. or something.. or its just being sadistic... (look you cant have this!!! :) )
kind of attitude!!!?
ok so this is my experience regarding dressing sense of middle aged women in india. over 40 women who dress like malaika to attract attention or for whatever reason are very rare in india, maybe the high fi socialites, page 3 women, who are barely 0.1% of the population.
the average over 40 women don't really care how they dress or what they should wear, coz they feel they have passed their young days and are now on the verge of entering old age phase.
i have seen many middle aged women in public places in india who show their stomach, navel and even wear transparent blouses, but no man looks at them with lust the way they would look at say a 20 yr old college girl wearing the same stuff.
Edited by indianprincess - 8 years ago

i think women wear 'those' clothes for pretty much the same reasons as men wear 'their' clothes. These could include any or more of following- to look chic, to be comfortable, to look cool, to look hot, to fit in with others, to feel good as well as to feel good about themselves.

of course no one is looking to get hounded by the other sex for their clothes. You want people to find you attractive, but you dont want them to grope you or indulge in cat-calls or eve-teasing because of it... and they should not, needless to say.

there's a subtext in all this... The choices women/ men make with regards to dressing up/ down is in context of other people. Left to oneself with no one around, and with no prospect in sight, one might well traipse around in other attire or none at all :)
Originally posted by _Angie_

Originally posted by _Angie_

Oh well! Just because post marriage, Malaika refused to hide  herself beneath a burqa or an astronaut's suit it gets interpreted as "continue to reveal" ... Would you say the same about Arbaaz Khan when he sports a sleeveless T-shirt or shorts or lets say topless, post marriage? Before questioning Malaika's thought process did you pause to question her spouse's thought process ? "When he walks into a mall  dressed up in revealing clothes does he do it to excite the females out there or is he being sadistic?" I must admit that this is already sounding quite insane to me  ! 😆

Ok first of all this is not guys v/s girls debate.. secondly.. exposing unless its pulling their pants down in public doesnt apply to guys.. all the wardrobe malfunctions have been in reference to femail models... and photographers have gone to lengths to catch any sliver of this malfunction to get pulbicity...Malaika is over 40 and has children - what would justify her doing item numbers in bikinis... when her husband is counting crores and crores...

Now to your point if a guy wears a sleeveless t-shirt.. is that even noticed!!!? thats the conspiracy theory of the feminists... they have popularized all that bull.. i wore a shirt inside out to work one day and attended sever meetings and somebody pointed it out at the end of the day!!! ðŸ˜†... Now if a girl wore a scoop neck and showed some cleavage... people would setup meetings an invite her ðŸ˜†...
Guys dont know anything about dressing so dont even go there... ðŸ˜† and if guys walk into the mall flexing their muscles and wearing cologne...etc... get it from me .. that is a mating call.. and every girl who he catched watching him are game.. Guys are pretty straight in this matter... no ambiguity..😆
Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

i think women wear 'those' clothes for pretty much the same reasons as men wear 'their' clothes. These could include any or more of following- to look chic, to be comfortable, to look cool, to look hot, to fit in with others, to feel good as well as to feel good about themselves.

of course no one is looking to get hounded by the other sex for their clothes. You want people to find you attractive, but you dont want them to grope you or indulge in cat-calls or eve-teasing because of it... and they should not, needless to say.

there's a subtext in all this... The choices women/ men make with regards to dressing up/ down is in context of other people. Left to oneself with no one around, and with no prospect in sight, one might well traipse around in other attire or none at all :)

if it was as simple as your first line.. We would have Victor's secret... for us..😆😆

Guys dont care for their dressing - its modern thinking that has made guys engage in feminine traits... otherwise men really dont care about these things...😊

if it was as simple as your first line.. We would have Victor's secret... for us..😆😆

Guys dont care for their dressing - its modern thinking that has made guys engage in feminine traits... otherwise men really dont care about these things...😊

if there's no victor's secret, it's because no one is interested in men showing cleavage. 😆 Have you seen how ugly man-boobs are? That would be like a sagging 50D or something ðŸ˜† 

and of course, men care. That's why you've got even fat balding middle aged men go for expensive armani suits, wanting to look sexy. How crazy is that- fat, balding guys think they can be sexy in anything?😆..

Within a context of indian culture even a kid could tell if the girl dressed out of line.. its not like rocket science.. that needs a huge debate...of course most of our morality we get in legacy so that could be debatable.. not the actually right or wrong in appearances...For eg.. how many woman are willing to walk out of the home without wearing a bra... its not nude.. nothing is seen and lets assume for sake of debate that the fabric is thick enough to not be see through...i know of guys who have gone to school or work without underwear!!! ðŸ˜†

When members within a family  are known to be divided in their opinion  on appropriateness of an attire how would it be determined  in the Indian culture, which is well known for its rich?  Besides, is there any established standards for something being "actually right or wrong in appearance" ? Care to define it?

Actually all woman think alike.. which is why marketing anything for woman is not naive and successful... This point being aside...i agree experimentaion.. aligning with the popular actresses... where do i stand...etc. but why does she want to do that.. i want the deeper reason.. not something like kangana wore that dress so i want to wear it kind of thing...

Are you sure the part in  bold wasn't a typo ? It looks contradictory.

Sorry, there is no deeper reason other than that women simply  enjoy   a variety in clothes and accessories  . Evident from the fact that shopping for apparels  constitutes a therapeutic exercise in itself   and men are furthest from their mind while  they shop 😛 . Your wanting there to be a particular deeper reason doesn't make it happen .

I do not question her prerogative.. but inviting attention.. for what? 

For reasons known best to her. To boost or reassure her own ego perhaps. There is also a fair possibility that the invitation was imagined.😛

Also if it is meant for someone in particular that should be mad explicitly evident right?

Yes, makes sense to avoid any unwanted attention .

Otherwise.. everybody gets the right to misinterpret...their way...😆

As long as it is confined to the realm of thoughts it may not matter much but eventually thoughts may get translated into action and reap its consequences . Therein  lies the danger of misinterpreting . Choice is upto the individual ðŸ˜›

Ok first of all this is not guys v/s girls debate.. secondly.. exposing unless its pulling their pants down in public doesnt apply to guys.

Some double standards indeed !!!  

. all the wardrobe malfunctions have been in reference to femail models... and photographers have gone to lengths to catch any sliver of this malfunction to get pulbicity...

That could have more  to do with some men's obsession with ogling at the female form.  The fact that female photographers are very few , makes it difficult to comment whether they would react  in a similar manner.

Malaika is over 40 and has children - what would justify her doing item numbers in bikinis... when her husband is counting crores and crores...

That's Professionalism. She is a professional  actress and would accept any role that would brighten her prospects as one. She was a successful model/ actress  before her marriage and she  continued her career post marriage . Male models or actors don't  end their careers after they get married so why expect any different from their female counterparts? 

And doing item numbers or dressing up in a particular way does not indicate an open invitation to the  onlookers.

Now to your point if a guy wears a sleeveless t-shirt.. is that even noticed!!!? thats the conspiracy theory of the feminists... they have popularized all that bull.. i wore a shirt inside out to work one day and attended sever meetings and somebody pointed it out at the end of the day!!! ðŸ˜†... Now if a girl wore a scoop neck and showed some cleavage... people would setup meetings an invite her ðŸ˜†...

Girls may have a thousand other things on their mind than ogling at a guy who wears his shirt inside out for a meeting! ðŸ˜† Its mens prerogative to invite anyone they wish to. Isnt it better to be upfront about whom one wishes to invite? Why blame her that she invited the invitation! ðŸ˜Š

Guys dont know anything about dressing so dont even go there... ðŸ˜† and if guys walk into the mall flexing their muscles and wearing cologne...etc... get it from me .. that is a mating call.. and every girl who he catched watching him are game.. Guys are pretty straight in this matter... no ambiguity..😆

Your call on that would be better than mine so I ll give this  one to you  😆 

A word of caution though-  Most girls who are watching could be doing it out of idle curiosity and not necessarily game for it.  The cologne could get "misinterpreted" as a ruse to cover up questionable personal hygiene and be a turn off to those allergic to strong odours  ;)) 

Not trying to scare you off, just trying to say that it could be detrimental  to misinterpret that every girl out there who is not sloppily dressed  intends to have guys hitting on her with cat calls, whistles or silly comments . In fact such misbehavior  can be most off putting.

Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

if there's no victor's secret, it's because no one is interested in men showing cleavage. 😆 Have you seen how ugly man-boobs are? That would be like a sagging 50D or something ðŸ˜† 

and of course, men care. That's why you've got even fat balding middle aged men go for expensive armani suits, wanting to look sexy. How crazy is that- fat, balding guys think they can be sexy in anything?😆..

trust me, men have nothing to show.. just wealth and popularity..so armani dont make him sexy... just woos those gold diggers who btw have been flaunting that cleavage for a reason 😊 ..and thats the reason I want to know because I consider woman more than just that...men have no aesthetics...btw victors secret may not have to just do with cleavage.. ðŸ˜Š
 I am thankful for the existence  of this other gender...not to say all woman come close to aesthetics... all my misconceptions can be cleared if i attend one of those feminist meetings... ðŸ˜†
Edited by qwertyesque - 8 years ago