Nibir - Bura Damaad - Part 6

PranPriye Groupbie

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 7:13am | IP Logged

Part 1-

Part 2 -

Part 3 -

Part 4 -

Part 5 -

Kabir caught Nisha's wrist and moved speedily inside the house. The Gangwal family was having breakfast. Kabir pushed Nisha away from him and she landed near Ramesh. Everyone got up in shock. Kabir steeled himself and said," Stay here now with your dear family. Don't bother contacting me again". Ramesh was the first to protest. "Kabir, beta, what's the matter?", he said holding Nisha by the shoulders, giving her support. "Please no beta, jiju, hubby and all. Sick & tired of all these bondages which Indians tie in the name of relationships", said Kabir, wincing on watching everyone's reaction. "KABIR!". "Please, Dadu. Don't force me anymore. First, this marriage. Then, the shop. Enough already. I am Kabir Kumar. From Dubai. I only had to lift a finger there and all my work would be done. But here, in India, I have become a Gangwal servant. This marriage stuff is not for Kabiraa. The nine to five routine, where are you going-coming type of questions, making jewellery campaigns for old, fat aunties. Please, Kabir is not meant for these". Laxmi started sobbing. Kabir turned away from her before he melted. One day, even a week of grief was better than a whole life of it, reasoned Kabir, trying to convince himself. Nisha went to her Mom, trying to console her. Viren spoke up," Where are your manners, Kabir? Is this the way you speak to your elders". This was a God sent opportunity, thought Kabir. "Look at your son in law first before teaching me manners. Staying in his wife's home and pulling all kinds of tricks at the shop. All of you turn a blind eye to him. Then, why not me?". Though it enraged Viren, it also set him thinking. Sumit had no substantial work to his credit. Being his only daughter's husband, he had given a lot of freedom to Sumit but not anymore.

Sumit wished to beat Kabir black and blue. He thought of opening the contract marriage secret but without proof, it would be difficult to convince anyone. He had lost that wretched notepad contract and if he acknowledged that he had known about the contract marriage, yet had hidden it till now, the whole thing would backfire on him.

Kabir smiled as if he knew exactly what Sumit was thinking. "Kabir, beta, why don't we talk about this coolly. Which couple doesn't have fights? That doesn't mean that they separate", explained Dadi. "No need", said Kabir, struggling to be rude, " I have made my decision. This marriage is over for me. I am leaving India and not returning to this mad place ever again." "Kabir!", shouted Dadaji, " Marriage is not a joke. Nisha is your legally wedded wife. You can't leave without her." " Nishu," started Kabir. Ramesh frowned. "Nisha", he corrected. Kabir realized his mistake. "Nisha, Misha, whoever, you cannot forcibly bind us together. I am a free bird meant for the open skies. I will not take her with me. This is my final decision". Laxmi got out of her tranced state and caught Kabir's collar barely being able to stand upright. Kabir caught her, avoiding her eyes. "Doesn't Nisha take care of you? Is she a bad wife?". Kabir instantly shook his head. "She is the best wife anyone could ever have", he said sincerely. Nisha gazed at Kabir, surprised. Laxmi then pushed back Kabir a little, losing her balance as she did so. Nisha and Vimla steadied her. "Then why are you breaking the marriage? Why?", yelled Laxmi. Vimla stood at Laxmi's side and said, "Don't work in the shop if you dislike it, Kabir. No one will force you. Do.. photography, that's what you like, isn't it? And dance. Do what you like but don't leave our Nishu because of all this". Rupan saved Kabir the necessity of thinking a reply by saying," Why don't you tell the truth, Kabir? Didi", said Rupan addressing Vimla," this isn't about the shop or any couple fight". She turned to Kabir," There is another girl in your life, isn't it?". Nisha pushed back her fury as Kabir's promise had held her tongue.

Kabir forgot everything for a moment. He was stunned that anyone could think so low of him as to believe that he could cheat on his wife. On the other hand,  it was so wrong that after this no one would blame Nishu for anything. Kabir opened his mouth to answer with a firm yes when Rupan Taiji continued," Girls like Nisha don't make for good wives. Their past always haunts them. So, their husbands-". Ramesh cut off Rupan harshly, defending Nisha.

Kabir was confused, unable to understand Ramesh and Rupan's argument. There was something very serious going on here. He looked at Nisha for an explanation but was taken aback to see her condition. She had paled, her fists closed very tight against her side and she blinked rapidly. God! She was crying!, realized Kabir. He felt as if someone was pricking him with a hundred needles.

"A boy having Nishu in life would be fool to be with any other", said Kabir, honestly, trying to end this act as fast as possible," It's not her, it's me. It's this entire stupid marriage thing. Anyway, enough of this family drama. Ciao." Kabir walked towards the entrance when Ramesh's hand on his shoulder stopped him. His father in law who was a father to him in every sense of the word. "You can't do this to Nishu. You can't leave like this". Now was the time for the final blow. Which had to make the whole family hate it. For he was beginning to hate himself for this.

Kabir gripped Ramesh's hand and removed it from his shoulder. "You won't understand, father in law. Let it be. Rehne dijiye". The outrage at his words were instaneous. The loudest scolding was absolutely unexpected as it came from the person who said 'Rehne de Ramesh' at least four times a day.

"How dare you talk to my son like this, Mr. Kumar? I have tolerated enough of your misbehaviour. Making fun of a sacred institution like marriage. Now, I'll show you what a trap is. You won't be able to leave India ever. This is Nemichand Gangwal's word to you", Dadaji's anger knew no bounds," Nisha will stay here until I find the most suitable boy for her. And you, Mr. Kabir Kumar will receive the first wedding invitation". Saying this Dadaji went to his room.

Nisha watched in anger as Kabir stood speechless, staring after Dadaji. He had crossed all limits today, speaking to Papa like that. A sudden noise made her turn. It was Sukku yielding a bat, walking towards Kabir. Nisha waited for Umesh Bhaiya to stop him as he always did but he stood passively, allowing Sukku to pass.

Nisha ran and stood in front of Kabir just as Sukku reached him. She was in a dilemma as Kabir had made her promise that she wouldn't defend him and yet she couldn't see anything happening to him. A thought struck her. "Wait, Sukku! This man doesn't deserve to stand here another minute. I'll personally throw him out". Nisha quickly caught Kabir's hand and started pulling him towards the gate. Kabir seemed to be in a daze and only realized where he was when he was out of the house."Move, Kabir!", muttered Nisha under her breath. "Nishu", said Kabir, in disbelief," did you hear what Dadu said?".

Nisha said curtly," Dadaji has many contacts, Kabir. He can ensure that you stay in India forever. He will find out about your Mom and get her involved in all this too." Kabir had done all this for her, Nisha reminded herself. "I'll see what I can do. Go home before Sukku comes out. I won't be able to stop him any longer".  As Nisha turned to leave, Kabir called out to her. "Nishu, you promised to forgive me". She had. Nishu looked at Kabir and repeated, "Go home".

A big Thank You Hug for all the likes and comments!

Edited by PranPriye - 12 May 2015 at 9:51am

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

..Happy.. IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 7:31am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Infinite_Flame Goldie

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 7:47am | IP Logged
This is amongst one of the best written FF's on NiBir.. The way storyline is progressing and shaping really makes an interesting read and the curiosity on whats next is always uppermost after the end!!!

Superliked the update :)

Pls PM me whenever u update if possible

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Amina... Goldie

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 7:48am | IP Logged
Nice update...
But feeling bad for Kabir...

Continue soon...

monumolu Goldie

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Awesome update yaar!!! Daadu rocked!!! For sure Kabiraa cannot see his life getting married to someone else.

Asyalover IF-Dazzler

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 10:06am | IP Logged
omg...that it

layaa Groupbie

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 10:16am | IP Logged
interesting yaar..continue soon

moonlight3094 Goldie

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 10:25am | IP Logged