Belated Happy B'day to Gurudev Rabindranath tagore

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 years ago
Wishing a very very happy b'day to india's first nobel laureate.😊🥳
Rabindra nath tagore was born on 9th may 1861 to mahrshi Debendranath tagore and Sharada Devi in Calcutta.
As a young boy rabindraji was very imaginative and had a deep insight into things. He seldom attended school and was often found lost in his world of dreams which was a cause of concern among his family members.It was his brother jyotindranath who encouraged him and brought him into the world of poetry.
When he was 17 he went to England for higher studies but soon returned as he even the English needed to learn the art of educating.He was deeply concerned for the superstions and fears prevailing in the indian society and believed that only education could break the chains binding the people.
With the help of his father he started a school called shantiniketan where learning was a pleasure.His innovative teaching methods took long to gain appreciation but he never lost hope.
His poems were mocked for their colloquial language and yet they were adopted as national anthems for two countries-
'jana gana mana' the Indian national anthem and 'amar sonar bangla' for Bangladesh.
His notable contributions to the world of literature include sonar tari,chaitali,kalpana,chitrangada, many short stories and gitanjali for which he received the nobel prize in 1913,thus becoming the first Asian to do so.
He was also an integral part of the indian freedom struggle.

Today on the occasion of his birthday,i feel privileged to pen down a few words on such a great personality like him.
Thank you Ramya. Thanks for sharing about Tagore ji. He was such a great personality and also a spiritual figure. It is a Sowbhagya to remember him today on his birthday. Thanks for this opportunity and bringing Tagoreji back to our thoughts.
Thanks for sharing, Ramya ! ðŸ¤— Belated birthday greetings to a noble man and a creative genius  ðŸ˜Š
Ur welcome friends! Its my pleasure to share something about tagore ji.😃
U can also share more about him.😊
Thanks for the info. I need to look for his work and read it sometime. I have never read any of his creations. I just know the national anthem.
Originally posted by coderlady

Thanks for the info. I need to look for his work and read it sometime. I have never read any of his creations. I just know the national anthem.
Ur welcome.And no worries even I have read only some of his short stories and poetry.😛