Ye Hai Mohabbatein

YHM -Daily Episode Discussions and Live Updates Thread #69 - Page 59

Ishitabhalla thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
There was a blooper in yesterday's episode too. When the family returned from restaurant the face of Ruhi's body double was clearly visible.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Badtameez_Dil thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
cv's also what a sequence they createdπŸ˜†
raman took break ghumphir ke aakar...aate hi they locked him inside the cupboard like ab tu jakar dekha...tera ko supboard min hi band karega...🀣
EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

As I already said, I have mixed feelings as far as the precap is concerned.

Somehow, it did not seem to hit the mark for me as it should have.

With the confession from both the parties done now, the next sensible and expected step in this marriage was that of intimacy. They have fallen in love with each other, there' a mental, emotional connection between them as it is and so the next natural step in the progression of this marriage was its consummation which is a no-brainer, even if you ask that to a layman. Therefore, Puttar approaching Ishita with the obvious in mind is not shocking or unusual or even anything extraordinary; however, it is somehow the approach that gets to me.

I would have got it had it been purely done, shown out of the compulsions that come with the new time slot of the show, the constraints of this slot aren't questionable, had there been restrictions levied on the team perhaps by the channel as such too but that doesn't seem to be the case. This show has dared to broach the topic of safe sex in this very slot a couple of months ago when they had shown a packet of condoms that became a prop. Ishita already has known of his intentions to establish their relationship in this aspect for months now, she knows he wants her as a woman, as his wife, desires her as a man does...so it beats me why did they have to include the angle of having a baby here?

It isn't as if Ishita isn't aware of her husband desiring her, that she has no idea of his wish of having a baby with her too, as they already talked about this on their anniversary itself. So why should Raman send a message with the idea of wanting to have a baby with her when he clearly wants to take their relationship forward.

Sex isn't just about procreating in a marriage if that were the case people would have done it exactly as many times as the number of their babies...it's a means for a couple to bond, connect and express their love for each other in the physical aspect of a relationship. The desire to want someone, to submit yourself to them is the pinnacle of the love between a couple, why should it be only shown as a means to have a child?

Raman has sweet intentions at heart, it reflects in his message, comes across in the very wish that he had expressed on their anniversary when he said he wants to have a child with her. In his words, he writes their baby being a product of their love, which is beautiful certainly without the shot of a doubt but why couldn't be raised after their consummation or honeymoon or in the time around it?

Knowing that Ishita has slim chances of conceiving and that she's emotionally very fragile when it comes to this issue, it's her Achilles heel I believe the approach towards the need for intimacy in their marriage  should have not been made with the angle of Raman thinking of a baby immediately.

Yes, they would need to try to have one but if the sole purpose of establishing their sexual life coming across as his need to have another child to her is very wrong as per me. Since she may not have a child perhaps given her medical condition, or it could take time as well if she does, but in any of these cases, this could be harrowing and depressing for Ishita in the end. If she takes it to her heart, mind too seriously, and should they fail to conceive or do so as soon as she expects it and even then there are complications with her pregnancy of which there are high chances it would be a nightmare of sorts for her. So far, Ishita has been shown to deal with her infertility on her own in a way, she has given Raman glimpses of what it makes her feel like but if she feels she is letting him down or the family after raising their hopes she may go spiraling down into a lot of stress and depression.

Raman could have had an alternate approach to this entire thing frankly, there could have been options for that. He could have got her a gift like he did for the rest of the family from the US...and it could have been something quite sexy and provocative - a night gown for example or a piece of lingerie or perhaps some sex toys or such. He could have sat her down to discuss plans for their impending honeymoon -  that hasn't happened despite them being married for over a year now - and made her blush scarlet by his double entendres or straight forward talks.  He could have rattled on about what he expects in those few days that they may get to steal and be away from everyone, not have a worry in the world nor their families around to bug them or their kids to disturb them...

And it's not like it would have looked downright crazy, hell it's a very realistic thing, couples who plan to wed talk about these things - here the couple in question is already married for heaven' sakes.

I get it that he wants Ishita to feel like a complete woman' - something that she doesn't believe in her mind, which isn't her assessment of self in her head but for that the idea of asking her to have a baby straightaway seems a little too rash to me somehow. Instead it would have been sweeter, amazing if they had went to this issue once their sexual life was established. It would have been amazing if Raman could have made Ishita feel like a complete woman', a desirable' woman without this approach and angle. He could have showed it to her how much he wants her, craves her when they finally performed the act itself, he could have done so by not allowing her any means to escape whenever he corners her. Their initialization into intimacy could have happened with some caresses, some smoldering looks, some whispers, scandalous comments and a few stolen kisses perhaps.

For a man who hasn't even tried to kiss his wife even once, other than the time he practiced on almost his entire family and settled for a peck on the cheek this step, the leap of having a baby seemed so, so...juvenile for the lack of a better word really.

-Anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Lovely post Aani, I agree there. I mean I think on part of the writers they are just jumping tracks. Like okay confession done, now its time for sex, but how does one say it aloud so just make it about wanting to have their own child. We as mature viewers expect a lot from the show, which did encroach serious and sensitive issues. But by now the show has very clearly lost its way and its sense which it used to treat these issues with. They are high on the numbers and they get them anyway.. so they don't try and put in much effort to go about things they should.
EkPahelii thumbnail

Watched the episode again as it aired now and a thought came to me that I simply cannot help but pen.

I may be in the minority here or perhaps may be the only one who feels this but I liked Ishita' confession better than that of Raman'. It didn't have the grandeur or the pomp that was inflicted in his by having those teenage type decorations with heart shaped balloons and candles, it didn't need flair or pomp, it was simple, straight forward just as Ishita is.

I don't know what made the writer want to lock them up in the cupboard for this despite the long post I made on the choice of the prop earlier. It seemed to me had Raman really backed her into a corner like he did post Mihir and Mihika' roka and asked her to say the words she would have done so straightaway, and there would have been no audience for it around when that would have happened too. In fact, if they had an opportunity to talk about the impending confession from her end without this coercion too, the result would have been the same.

I simply loved how once she got a hold of her nerves and could stop blushing Ishita didn't fumble once as she declared she loves him. There weren't any hang-up there from her end in that moment.  She didn't goof around or stutter or stammer or any such thing - with a firm conviction and control of herself she expressed what she felt for him not once, not twice but thrice and the last two times simply to humor him, because she knew what it meant to him too, because it made him happy. However, mostly because she realized what he needed to hear the most when she said the words to him, what she missed in those first two times, he needed to hear her say his name and not just those words. She understood that and so the third time around said so as loudly as possible with his name.

She knew what she was saying and she looked him in the eye the first time she said so because she meant it with all her heart, had wanted to say those words to him for a long time now and could do so at last knowing very well he returns the sentiment in equal measures. 

EkPahelii thumbnail
This content was originally posted by--Anku-

Lovely post Aani, I agree there. I mean I think on part of the writers they are just jumping tracks. Like okay confession done, now its time for sex, but how does one say it aloud so just make it about wanting to have their own child. We as mature viewers expect a lot from the show, which did encroach serious and sensitive issues. But by now the show has very clearly lost its way and its sense which it used to treat these issues with. They are high on the numbers and they get them anyway.. so they don't try and put in much effort to go about things they should.

Hey Anku thanks and yeah clearly there seemed to be a lack of thought put behind this aspect.

If they did need a baby track it could have happened post the consummation and not have a consummation track simply for the sake of having a baby 

The sensitivity that was needed for the baby issue was missing here which we had on the anniversary, where it was made out to be a gift from his end to her. The heart to heart they had, the thought behind it was beautiful - he wanted to give her something priceless and it was so sweet and touching...having him repeat the same sentiment to her this time via a text message seemed so impersonal and detached to me 
Ishitabhalla thumbnail
There was a bt serial where the leads mostly stayed apart because if misunderstandings and whenever they did it she ended up pregnant. The third and last time was when she was pretending as someone else's wife. πŸ€’ Compared to those days the cvs have grown up. I though they would handle at least the baby track well but expecting anything from them is useless. Subbu track I thought it would show Ishitas past but here we have a revenge track. It would have been better if Subbu was obsessed with Ishita instead of this stupid revenge track.
Anuhyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Why are they bringing this children thing so early now...If it for lack of any better way for Raman to initiate the IT talk, then that's ok,I guess...
Otherwise it is crass...if we take it literally...
But for someone who can throw a condom at her,he definitely can do better...

Yes,the message as such is sweet but it's not the time...

What about IShita...How is she feeling about the Consummation, I mean did she want to take forward her relationship (obviously) but is shy(like they say a certain someone has mentioned that she has intimacy issues)...
Now a days its hard to get what Ishita is thinking as she is shown minding others business more than hers...

Can we please get a self talk of her now...I really miss those...
& again why she is not talking this out with her Akka because for obvious reasons she can't talk to her Jiju, even if it is MIhika I don't mind...
I want her to talk to someone about her hesitancy( to initiate or reciprocate intimacy) in marriage...

Confession - Iam still not happy,I still feel like there should have been something more...I didn't get my closure for my wait...But I don't want to spoil the mood here and hence moving on...

I thought we would get some intimacy , talks then the Big C and then the honeymoon at some foreign location ( how many times did they dangle this infront of us) and then aaram se bringing up baby track and struggle of that... & ofcourse some mindless drama in between...

ha ha foolish me...
I seriously need to recheck my expectations with the show now...

One good thing today is the revelation that Subbu is negative...Thank god for that...Atleast we are saved from Simbu...
What all we expected Raman to say when he knew about Simbu...He blessed them and sat down to eat homemade food...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Anuhyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Ok, just now went through all your posts...
I wanted to let out my rant before reading anything...πŸ˜†

& glad that many didn't appreciate the way it was initiated...

aani - that cupboard confession , I was hoping to read something about that...& thank god you wrote...πŸ˜ƒ

Anku - I was just now saying...when there was so much more to be explored why are they messing things...This has been a daily rant now...

Ishitaballa(Anu) - I was pulling my hair for the exact same thing...What exactly is the purpose of bringing Subbu , to show him as psycho...really...
Ishitabhalla thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-Anuhyaa

Ok, just now went through all your posts...

I wanted to let out my rant before reading anything...πŸ˜†

& glad that many didn't appreciate the way it was initiated...

aani - that cupboard confession , I was hoping to read something about that...& thank god you wrote...πŸ˜ƒ

Anku - I was just now saying...when there was so much more to be explored why are they messing things...This has been a daily rant now...

Ishitaballa(Anu) - I was pulling my hair for the exact same thing...What exactly is the purpose of bringing Subbu , to show him as psycho...really...

Anu I was upset abt Subbu and then the recap. In the segments I thought  he talked abt doing it and not kids.
Edited by Ishitabhalla - 8 years ago