Atomicbomb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Thought I would clear this up for some
He was never given a sentence for murdering which is much more than manslaughter

MURDER

Murder is to show intent to harm or kill someone. It is planned and shows reckless indifference to human life. Maximum penalty is life or death.

MANSLAUGHTER

Performing an act that results in someones death. There should be proof of a mental element that played part in the killing such as self defence, provocation or being of unstable mind. In some cases extreme intoxication can be classed as not in rational mind, when the accused had no prior thought to act

When people die in accidents the person responsible is usually charged with manslaughter as they never planned to hurt and kill a person, which is murder.

I don't agree with the outcome of the case and Salman should serve his time but he ain't charged for murder. Never was otherwise it would have been a more serious sentencing.

my Legal Studies class became useful 😛
Edited by Atomicbomb - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
In the Bakery case, he isnt murderer, and court gave verdict on that line. 
I just wish some real life DABANG lawyer opens the case of Mr Patil... in that case, salman looks like a cold blooded murderer of highest level. 

The court gave the verdict heavily dependent on first witness statement and that was Mr Patil. 

Whoz gonna open a case on Mr Patil... as to what happened to him? He didnt receive bribes and took full brunt wrath of bull of BW and dies a painful death. 

Salman is not a murderer, hez a cold blooded murder. First degree. 
pallavi25 thumbnail
Originally posted by: AllBlacks1

I just wish some real life DABANG lawyer opens the case of Mr Patil... in that case, salman looks like a cold blooded murderer of highest level. 

The court gave the verdict heavily dependent on first witness statement and that was Mr Patil. 

Whoz gonna open a case on Mr Patil... as to what happened to him? He didnt receive bribes and took full brunt wrath of bull of BW and dies a painful death. 

Well said! 👏
The main witness of the case is bullied, threatened, imprisoned and then finally dies of TB in a state of penury!
All because he filed FIR against Salman, because he was the chief witness he was hassled to death! 
Cannot think of anything more evil or sinister than that...
pallavi25 thumbnail

Salman has been convicted of culpable homicide by the sessions court.

India: 

The offences include causing death whether by intention or not.

"Culpable homicide" is an offence under 299[1] of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), defined as "Whoever causes death by doing an act with the intention of causing death, or with the intention of causing such bodily injury as is likely to cause death, or with the knowledge that he is likely by such act to cause death, commits the offence of culpable homicide."

"Culpable homicide not amounting to murder" is an offence under 304[2] of the Indian Penal Code. It applies to an event where the death is intentional but does not come within the IPC definition of "murder".[3] It is a non bailable charge.

So homicide is not considered murder...but the word homicide means murder, killing of one human being by another... in the dictionary. 

Moreover the law states that Culpable Homicide which is what Salman is charged with...is NON BAILABLE CHARGE!

Then how come Salman is getting bail now?

Edited by pallavi25 - 8 years ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Your right the hit and run is manslaughter. But it is a crime to drink and drive not to mention irresponsible. He could have helped the victims but he didn't. He could have been more honest in court but he wasn't. Edited by grumpydwarf - 8 years ago
Atomicbomb thumbnail
Originally posted by: AllBlacks1

I was going to mention that aswell about Patil 

Something very fishy and calculative happened there but since it Also negatively involves the police force aswell that can tamper/destroy evidence I wouldn't hold my breath
Atomicbomb thumbnail
Originally posted by: pallavi25

Salman has been convicted of culpable homicide by the sessions court.

India: 

The offences include causing death whether by intention or not.

"Culpable homicide" is an offence under 299[1] of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), defined as "Whoever causes death by doing an act with the intention of causing death, or with the intention of causing such bodily injury as is likely to cause death, or with the knowledge that he is likely by such act to cause death, commits the offence of culpable homicide."

"Culpable homicide not amounting to murder" is an offence under 304[2] of the Indian Penal Code. It applies to an event where the death is intentional but does not come within the IPC definition of "murder".[3] It is a non bailable charge.

So homicide is not considered murder...but the word homicide means murder, killing of one human being by another... in the dictionary. 

Moreover the law states that Culpable Homicide which is what Salman is charged with...is NON BAILABLE CHARGE!

Then how come Salman is getting bail now?

Something tells me this case is not over. 

pallavi25 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Atomicbomb

Something tells me this case is not over. 

I sincerely hope so...that this is just an interim period, and maybe he will be sent to jail in June by HC perhaps on a lesser prison term of 3 yrs!
But I have doubts abt that HC judge, read somewhere that he is corrupt and lets influential criminals go free. 
Atomicbomb thumbnail
Originally posted by: pallavi25

I sincerely hope so...that this is just an interim period, and maybe he will be sent to jail in June by HC perhaps on a lesser prison term of 3 yrs!
But I have doubts abt that HC judge, read somewhere that he is corrupt and lets influential criminals go free. 

If India has double jeopardy once this case is DONE its over. 

Salman can't be tried for the same charges ever again even if new evidence surfaces. 

Once it hits the High Court that will be the end. 

no more appealing to any courts and whatever the conviction it will stay.
Edited by Atomicbomb - 8 years ago
pallavi25 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Atomicbomb

If India has double jeopardy once this case is DONE its over. 

Salman can't be tried for the same charges ever again even if new evidence surfaces. 

Once it hits the High Court that will be the end. 

no more appealing to any courts and whatever the conviction it will stay.

I dont think India has double jeopardy laws. Besides, isnt double jeopardy applicable when the accused has already served a term in prison and so he cannot be tried again for the same crime?
In that case, Sallu didnt go to prison yet although convicted so how can it be double jeopardy?

I think accused can appeal all the way upto Supreme Court for hearing on their case...that is how cases are dragged for years and years and culprits never get punished in India. 

Like the Black Buck hunting case has a hearing in Supreme Court in May... Ive heard ...several years ago verdict of guilty was given in Rajasthan sessions court but Sallu and his lawyers kept on making new appeals and bail please and now the case is going to SC.