Frequent Posters

rinall thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Thank you for this wonderful post, Rati !! 🤗🤗
@Abhay--- Thank you for sharing that information !! 😊

Read something interesting on a website...Here it is---

Maharana Pratap

Over the next half-century, most other Rajput rulers allowed themselves to be wooed the Mughals; Mewar alone held out. In 1567 Emperor Akbar decided to teach it a lesson: he attacked Chittorgarh razed it to the ground. Five years later Maharana Pratap (reigned 1572-97) came to rule Mewar - a king without a capital. He continued to defy Akbar, and in 1576, confronted the imperial armies at Haldighati.

The battle ended in a stalemate and Maharana Pratap and his followers withdrew to the craggy hills of Mewar, from where they continued to harrass the Mughals through guerilla warfare for the next twenty years. Maharana Pratap made his descendants vow that they would not sleep on beds, nor live in palaces, nor eat off metal utensils, until Chittorgarh had been regained.In fact, right into the 20th century the maharanas of Mewar continued to place a leaf platter under their regular utensils and a reed mat under their beds in symbolic continuance of this vow.

Here's the link---http://www.chittorgarh.com/chittorgarh_history.asp

Kaana thumbnail
Originally posted by: kaku17

Thanks for the post rati. ...heartiest b'day wishes n respect for the great maharana who fought for his motherland against all odds...

today is also Rabindranath Tagore's b'day the first noble laureate from india. ..

Yeah, it's Tagore Ji's bday too. What great men this holy soil of ours have given. Exemplary in desh Bhakti, valor, intelligence or spiritualism. This glorious Karma Bhumi (the only country in the whole works) has also given birth to so many great Saints and Seers!
Jai Mathrubhoomi! I am sure wherever Maharana is he would be happy to hear this slogan - the best treat for him on his bday:-)
Kaana thumbnail
Originally posted by: Intrepida

you're welcome Abhay! Thank you for sharing the one rupee coin, i will have to look out for the coin!

also I think others celebrate it on May 31st including Indian Govt, so you know if you have time then you could make a post for MP then?! besides who doesnt mind two bday celebrations lol!

Dear Abhay, thank so much for sharing and dropping in the bday celeb. Will be even more happy if you could share this coin as well;-). And it's never late to read to about Maharana, you do not need a reason. So pump in with all that you have when you get your first free time. There are a whole lot of us waiting greedily. Remember :-)
Rati, collect one for me too whenever to get to see it:-)
Kaana thumbnail
Originally posted by: rinall

Thank you for this wonderful post, Rati !!🤗🤗

@Abhay--- Thank you for sharing that information !!😊

<h2>Maharana Pratap</h2>

Over the next half-century, most other Rajput rulers allowed themselves to be wooed the Mughals; Mewar alone held out. In 1567 Emperor Akbar decided to teach it a lesson: he attacked Chittorgarh razed it to the ground. Five years later Maharana Pratap (reigned 1572-97) came to rule Mewar - a king without a capital. He continued to defy Akbar, and in 1576, confronted the imperial armies at Haldighati.

The battle ended in a stalemate and Maharana Pratap and his followers withdrew to the craggy hills of Mewar, from where they continued to harrass the Mughals through guerilla warfare for the next twenty years. Maharana Pratap made his descendants vow that they would not sleep on beds, nor live in palaces, nor eat off metal utensils, until Chittorgarh had been regained.In fact, right into the 20th century the maharanas of Mewar continued to place a leaf platter under their regular utensils and a reed mat under their beds in symbolic continuance of this vow.

Hey Rinall, a very happy birthday to Maharana. Thanks so much for the post. It's a delight to read many a times.
Kaana thumbnail
BTW, Rinall and Rati, where is the party? Where are the cakes and sweets? I am not good at emoticons, else would have thrown up bday bash for you all.

Intrepida thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Kaana

BTW, Rinall and Rati, where is the party? Where are the cakes and sweets? I am not good at emoticons, else would have thrown up bday bash for you all.

haha, i was in rush so i will add now, thanks for reminding!
⭐️
Intrepida thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: rinall

Thank you for this wonderful post, Rati !! 🤗🤗

@Abhay--- Thank you for sharing that information !! 😊

Maharana Pratap

you're welcome dear!🤗 btw i added some mithai to the first page!

thank you for the info- so true, he was a king without a capital but he does have one, its Mewar and his motherland!
Even to this day the Gundalia Lohars who had ditched the Maharana at a crucial moment, live their lives as nomads, but swaraj is ours so i think they should be reinstated into society!
Kaana thumbnail
Originally posted by: Intrepida

haha, i was in rush so i will add now, thanks for reminding!
⭐️

Oh my God, I gobbled them all greedily. Such a wonderful delicious treat, top it all Rajasthani sweets. And a whole lot of them. Everything craving, and craving more - now, on Maharana stories :-)

Thank you very much Rati. A big hug to you.

Now Rinall, your turn:-)
Mirage09 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Rati dear... Its been such a long time...🤗🤗🤗
I always keep reminding myself that atleast today I ll comment on ur post, but then there are exam woes too u know...!! :(

++++++++++

Oh yesss...today was the day when HE WAS BORN...today was the day when Mewar and subsequently the whole nation got its first freedom fighter and a brave warrior !

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GREATEST WARRIOR KING OF INDIA, MAHARANA PRATAP !! A PROUD AND A HONOURABLE SALUTE TO HIM !! 

This is one pic of him which always keeps reminding me of his greatness...It gives me the goosebumps, and most of all the proud feeling...Its the statue of him which is erected in the premises of Parliament of India, the symbol of our Democracy ! And I can NEVER get over this pic...

Another panoramic view of the statue:-

Edited by ---Anu--- - 8 years ago
Ramya_98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Bharat ke veer putra maharana pratap ko janmadin ki dher saari badhayiyaan.🥳😃

Also,its rabindra ji's birthday.So many many happy returns to this first nobel laureate of india.
He is my idol and my words can end but not his qualities. He is a gem of a person with unmatched intelligence, thoughtfulness ,perseverance,diligence, dedication ,determination and courage.Respect him so much!!👏

I'm thinking of making another post for his birthday.But won't be able to make it today as my laptop isn't working properly. Should I go ahead with it or not??😕