Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Shimak Dhawar Accused Of Sexual Abuse by 2 Male Students

awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Two former students of prominent Bollywood choreographer Shiamak Davar have accused him of sexual harassment.

Percy Shroff, 40, and Jimmy Mistry, 33, both of whom reside in North Vancouver, Canada, claim that Shiamak touched them inappropriately and took advantage of them because of his position. They go on to claim that this went on for several years.

According to a report published in CBC News, the two alleged that they endured years of "unwanted sexual touching" at the hands of Shiamak, who they say "abused his authority as their spiritual leader to control all aspects of their lives".

Shiamak hugging Percy Shroff PHOTO: CBC NEWS

"I used to believe that his word was God. I just wanted to please him," 40-year old Percy Shroff was quoted as saying by CBC. He claimed Shiamak began grooming him for sexual exploitation when he was 16, and he is suing now to protect his young son.

In the lawsuit, Percy also alleged that Shiamak threatened him that his soul would not "progess spiritually" if he did not do as he asked.

However, Shiamak Davar, who has been Bollywood heartthrob Shahid Kapoor's dance guru and has danced with celebrities like Shilpa Shetty, has denied the allegations made against him. In a written response to the lawsuits, the choreographer claimed the allegations are not true and that the two former dancers are trying to ruin "his character, reputation and affiliated organisations".

He has requested the court to dismiss both lawsuits.

Shiamak Davar with Shilpa Shetty PHOTO: CBC NEWS

Shiamak is known as the guru of contemporary dance in India. He is responsible for modernizing India's dance scene especially in the film and theatre industry, and is respected for his ever evolving and very popular "Shiamak Style" of dance. He was also the director of choreography for the Commonwealth Games, Melbourne, and Commonwealth Games, Delhi. He has also been involved with Hollywood film Mission Impossible 4.

He has choreographed several Indian actors and celebrities for film and stage for events like the IIFA Awards and the Filmfare Awards. Besides Shahid Kapoor, Bollywood actors Varun Dhawan and Sushant Singh Rajput have also been members of the Shiamak Davar Dance Company.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

awesomegurti thumbnail

@dlIndianews: Shiamak Davar sued for alleged sexual abuse by two ex-students from his ... - IBNLive: IBNLiveShiamak Davar su... http://t.co/u9pkNE25Cq
awesomegurti thumbnail

Two lawsuits have been filed against celebrated Bollywood choreographer Shiamak Davar in British Columbia Supreme Court, Canada, following a complaint by Percy Shroff and Jimmy Mistry of North Vancouver.
According to a report published in CBC News, the two alleged that they endured years of "unwanted sexual touching" at the hands of Shiamak, who they say "abused his authority as their spiritual leader to control all aspects of their lives". Shiamak was leader of a sect called VRRP Spiritual Learning group.
"I used to believe that his word was God. I just wanted to please him," 40-year old Percy Shroff was quoted as saying by CBC. He claimed Shiamak began grooming him for sexual exploitation when he was 16, and he is suing now to protect his young son.
shiamak davar, shiamak davar lawsuit, shiamak davar complaint, shiamak davar cases, shiamak davar abuse, shiamak davar sexual abuse, shiamak davar canada, percy shroff, jimmy mistry, shiamak davar news Percy Shroff and Jimmy Mistry. (Source: CBC)
However, Shiamak Davar, who has been Shahid Kapoor's dance guru and has danced with celebrities like Shilpa Shetty, has denied the allegations made against him. In a written response to the lawsuits, the choreographer claimed the allegations are not true and that the two former dancers are trying to ruin "his character, reputation and affiliated organisations".
The report further says Shiamak, who spends a considerable time in North Vancouver, says he is the "custodian" of VRRP, not its leader, and that if the two men believed he was their spiritual guru, that was their personal view.
In the report, Shroff vividly explains the abuse and claims he had confronted Shiamak about having sex with young students. "I said Shiamak, you need to stop because these are your dance and spiritual students who come to you for advice."
None of the allegations, however, have been proven and Shiamak Davar has asked the court to dismiss both lawsuits, with costs.
- See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/choreographer-shiamak-davar-sued-for-allegedly-sexually-abusing-two-british-columbia-dancers/#sthash.qRqu4I33.dpuf
Rupalov thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Kiron Kherr is saying " Kya boli thi main?"
humdekhenge thumbnail
Shiamak is a slime-ball but I don't get the whole suing now to protect his young son bit😕
awesomegurti thumbnail

Popular choreographer Shiamak Davar is facing a lawsuit by two former male students from Canada who have accused him of sexual abuse.

The lawsuits were filed in British Columbia Supreme Court and accuse Shiamak Davar of sexual abuse against two students of the sect called VRRP Spiritual Learning Group.

According to CBC News, Percy Shroff, 40, and Jimmy Mistry, 33, both of North Vancouver, have alleged that they endured years of unwanted sexual touching at the hands of Shiamak. According to the duo Shiamak abused his authority as their spiritual leader to control all aspects of their lives.

"I used to believe that his word was god... I just wanted to please him," Shroff is quoted as saying in an exclusive interview with CBC News.

Shroff has also claimed that he's been suffering sexual exploitation at Davar's hands since he was 16.

Shiamak Davar has denied the allegation and alleged that both Shroff and Mistry are trying to ruin his "character, reputation and affiliated organizations."

Recalling an incident of sexual abuse, Shroff told CBC, "He started kissing my neck, then he told me to lie down on top of him, and he told me to grind my crotch into his crotch."

Contrary to the allegations, Shiamak says he "has never had inappropriate sexual relations" with any dancer in his company.

Names seem familiar.

awesomegurti thumbnail

He started kissing my neck, then he told me to lie down on top of him, and he told me to grind my crotch into his crotch."
[xx(]

SSR was his student. 
Tinah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
honestly, I don't find that hard to believe at all...