Links to Commercial Websites

meenoopul thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Dear Friends
I am usually a silent reader but am getting very annoyed these days as I see subjects such as "High Voltage Drama" or "Shocking Twist" but when you open those messages, there are links that take you to some commercial websites such as Johareez etc and you can even find people commenting "Thanks for Sharing"- So am just wondering, is this a practice that is acceptable to this forum? Or on the contrary, shouldn't those posting these links actually be warned off so that they stop?

I personally do not find it much fun!

Sorry for my rant but would love to hear your views

Cheerio

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ann5 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I personally don't think that this is the forum for these ads...if the persons who put them up know that they are actually linking to these sites..then they should be warned...it is not nice to see these headings and then when you open it all excited it is a flower or jewelry site...
-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
When you see such spam feel free to report it (orange button at top corner of posts). They are not allowed but there's not much that can be done to stop the initial posting. Reporting should help discourage repeat posting but spammers often create new accounts. In general if a link like that is posted from an account with a low post count, and there is nothing in the thread to explain the link beyond a few words, it is usually spam.
-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Also the "tfs" replies may be made by members who didn't click the link and don't realize it's spam. Or a secondary spam account will make the first "tfs" post to bump up the spam post and other members will comment with thanks without checking the link contents.
meenoopul thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thank you so much for the precision
Take care