Qubool Hai

India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

SaHil FF: Eternally Yours, Epilogue, P42, Dec14.2016 (Page 33)

darkice7_12 Senior Member
darkice7_12
darkice7_12

Posted: 22 March 2016 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by muskaan17rocks

Beautiful chapter
Very heart touching
Loved watching the vm
Finally sanam and aahil get married
But aahil still not ready to accept her as his wife
Hope he doesn't take too long
Wish to see them happy  
Hope he's not too late in realising the importance of sanam in his life
Looking forward to know what happens next
Please continue soon this time
Will be waiting impatiently Smile

Aww, thanks! Blushing Aahil always takes his sweet time finding the right path for himself. He's going to have to let go of the past.

Glad you were able to see the vid, but it's blocked in like 248 countries. Shocked

Will try to update soon.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

muskaan17rocks

darkice7_12
darkice7_12

Posted: 22 March 2016 at 7:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Humnava

Nyc update. Finally SaHil r married.Smile Bt Aahil is still not ready to accept Sanam as his wife!! Hope that he does not take too much time and not too late to realize the importance of Sanam in his life. I solely wish to see them happy bcoz our dear Gul Khan mam(sarcastically) did not show us an happy ending for our beloved SaHil.Cry I don't know what happened bt, the VM is not playing.Confused So I couldn't watch it. Really wanted to watch it.Unhappy Plzz update the next part soon. Eagerly waiting.Big smile

Thanks! SaHil will definitely be getting a happy ending, but it won't be too trouble free. Wink

Just found out that the VM is blocked in like 248 countries (Zee's claim).

I've uploaded the link on Google Vids - Stay With Me

Edited by darkice7_12 - 22 March 2016 at 7:52pm

iam_aheli_98

iam_aheli_98 Goldie
iam_aheli_98
iam_aheli_98

Posted: 23 March 2016 at 9:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by darkice7_12

Nyc update. Finally SaHil r married.Smile Bt Aahil is still not ready to accept Sanam as his wife!! Hope that he does not take too much time and not too late to realize the importance of Sanam in his life. I solely wish to see them happy bcoz our dear Gul Khan mam(sarcastically) did not show us an happy ending for our beloved SaHil.Cry I don't know what happened bt, the VM is not playing.Confused So I couldn't watch it. Really wanted to watch it.Unhappy Plzz update the next part soon. Eagerly waiting.Big smile

Thanks! SaHil will definitely be getting a happy ending, but it won't be too trouble free. Wink

Thanks dear for again uploading this VM's link on Google Vids.Smile
Saw the VM and I just really loved it.Embarrassed I'm really missing watching SaHil these days bt this VM made my day.Big smile Thanks a lot again. And do continue with this FF soon. And if u can then plzz PM me when u upload the next part. Embarrassed

darkice7_12

darkice7_12
darkice7_12

Posted: 23 March 2016 at 8:09pm | IP Logged

Saw the VM and I just really loved it.Embarrassed I'm really missing watching SaHil these days bt this VM made my day.Big smile Thanks a lot again. And do continue with this FF soon. And if u can then plzz PM me when u upload the next part. Embarrassed

Glad you liked the vid. Big smile

I usually don't have the time to do PMs, but if you would like, you can subscribe to my blog.  darkice712 Blog

If you subscribe (link on the top left), you will automatically get an email. Hope that works for you. Embarrassed

Edited by darkice7_12 - 23 March 2016 at 8:07pm

iam_aheli_98

iam_aheli_98 Goldie
iam_aheli_98
iam_aheli_98

Posted: 24 March 2016 at 1:09pm | IP Logged

Glad you liked the vid. Big smile

I usually don't have the time to do PMs, but if you would like, you can subscribe to my blog.  darkice712 Blog

If you subscribe (link on the top left), you will automatically get an email. Hope that works for you. Embarrassed
Thanks dear for the link. Yes I have subscribed to ur blog.Big smile

darkice7_12

innocentangel4u Groupbie
innocentangel4u
innocentangel4u

Posted: 29 March 2016 at 1:06pm | IP Logged

Aaah!! Finally the nikah... Such beautifully you've described the decorations... Clap

How perfectly childishly Zoya answers all of their questions... And their family conversation at the Mehndi is really sweet Smile

Asad supported Sanam so nicely in spite of being partly doubtful about it earlier... "She can make her decisions. While we may question those decisions at times, she has the right to choose. I would never take that choice away from her." Thumbs Up

Woowww!!! Aahil actually went all the way to get the perfect wedding dress for her... Oh my... My feelings are all over the place... Day Dreaming

And he'd even been over for the haldi function?... Pity he had to hear Ayaan & Haider confronting Sanam... Stern Smile

Funny how Rehan compares Sanam & Seher LOL

Gosh!! Aahil is sooo nervous at the time of the nikah LOL

Seher & Haya are so mischievous with Aahil for the toll ritual'... Only if they knew what he was going through... Poor ARI LOL

He froze on the threshold, his foot raised forgotten in the air. This is sooo hilarious... I actually imagined it ROFL

Who goes for some damn project ON the day of his wedding?? Shocked AAAHIIILLL!!! What are you doing??!! Angry

She'd be here waiting. Having made his house into a home. Clap

All in all, it was an amazing read...Loved it Clap... the haldi, mehndi, nikah... You've described every tiny detail very well, as always... But... the cliffhanger... Aaand the long wait?... I'm already excited for the next part Approve Hope things get sorted out asap Smile

Continue soon buddy Hug

P.s.: Hope your mum is fine now.

darkice7_12

darkice7_12
darkice7_12

Posted: 01 April 2016 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by innocentangel4u

Aaah!! Finally the nikah... Such beautifully you've described the decorations... Clap

How perfectly childishly Zoya answers all of their questions... And their family conversation at the Mehndi is really sweet Smile

Asad supported Sanam so nicely in spite of being partly doubtful about it earlier... "She can make her decisions. While we may question those decisions at times, she has the right to choose. I would never take that choice away from her." Thumbs Up

Woowww!!! Aahil actually went all the way to get the perfect wedding dress for her... Oh my... My feelings are all over the place... Day Dreaming

And he'd even been over for the haldi function?... Pity he had to hear Ayaan & Haider confronting Sanam... Stern Smile

Funny how Rehan compares Sanam & Seher LOL

Gosh!! Aahil is sooo nervous at the time of the nikah LOL

Seher & Haya are so mischievous with Aahil for the toll ritual'... Only if they knew what he was going through... Poor ARI LOL

He froze on the threshold, his foot raised forgotten in the air. This is sooo hilarious... I actually imagined it ROFL

Who goes for some damn project ON the day of his wedding?? Shocked AAAHIIILLL!!! What are you doing??!! Angry

She'd be here waiting. Having made his house into a home. Clap

All in all, it was an amazing read...Loved it Clap... the haldi, mehndi, nikah... You've described every tiny detail very well, as always... But... the cliffhanger... Aaand the long wait?... I'm already excited for the next part Approve Hope things get sorted out asap Smile

Continue soon buddy Hug

P.s.: Hope your mum is fine now.

Glad you loved it. Big smile  And thanks for leaving such a long comment! Hug My worry when writing these chapters is that I'll forget the details, since I tend to focus too much on the dialogue. I'm glad the details were . . . detailed enough. LOL

The long wait . . . probably. I always finish my stories, but it's the active engagement of readers (as evidenced by comments) that really encourages me. Pinch So, I will definitely update . . .  Embarrassed Things will be on their way to being sorted out.

Thank you for asking about my mom. She's slowly but surely getting better. Please remember her in your prayers.

innocentangel4u

darkice7_12
darkice7_12

Posted: 09 May 2016 at 2:40am | IP Logged

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 15: You Are

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Aahil stepped into his home, his steps hesitant. The week of escape he'd planned, hoping the time would lead to a cooler head had stretched into three weeks on site. Problems with the contracts the company had signed with different subcontractors had required his firsthand knowledge both as an owner of Ibrahim Corporation and as a lawyer. He'd sat down with his own team, as well as the local attorney, and had hammered out new contracts, leaving everyone relatively happy. The unexpected complication had led to sleepless nights, leaving him exhausted.

There had been complete radio silence between Sanam and himself. The busy work had been the perfect excuse to avoid making any personal calls. But, if he was honest with himself, he hadn't really made much effort. Rehan had railed at him, leaving him tons of messages and calling him all manners of coward for his conduct. Aahil had not been moved. He had chosen a path and he would continue on it, despite how much Rehan called his intelligence into question.

Now he was back, wondering how she would react. He'd opened the door carefully, and had been literally tiptoeing into the room before he realized what he was doing. Stopping himself from acting the coward again, he strode into the living room and stopped. He looked around carefully, but only silence greeted him. She wasn't here. In fact, from the stillness of the house, he realized that no one was here at all. He was all alone.

For a moment, panic gripped him. Where was she? Had she gone, realizing that all of this was futile? The depths to which his spirits sank was no surprise to him. He had spent the past three weeks missing her. But no . . . he looked around more carefully. It was only now, when he had tamped down his anxiety and irrational panic that he could see how different the room really looked. Even the wedding decorations couldn't hide the fact that this house was barren. The two of them, three, if you included Lateef, did not have the talent to make the mansion into a warm, welcoming home. The sad truth was that none of them had been part of a normal household, and had never learned by example the actions and emotions that made a house into a home. That had all changed in the time he was gone.

Sitting down on the sofa in the center of the room, he slowly loosened his tie, his eyes moving around the room. The lamps were different. Reaching over, he flicked on a light and saw the glow. It softened the room, smoothing out the harsh edges of everything. There were vases placed around the room, filled with flowers. The scent wrapped around him, soothing the shards embedded in his soul.

The wall across from him was now covered with pictures. Their wedding pictures. They were an addition to the others on the wall. He smiled helplessly, seeing the half grin on her face in so many of the pictures, revealing how happy and hopeful she had been on that day. And now that smile was appealing to him, silently asking what he was afraid of when he had her.

"Everything, Sanam," he said out loud. "Everything."

Turning his head, he stared at the books on the table. More proof that she was still here and slowly making this her home, too. There were fragile, little showpieces on various surfaces. The sunlight ran through those pieces and created rainbows all around him. He was surrounded by color.

Leaning back, he rested his aching head against the back of the sofa, and that felt different, too. Turning his head, he felt the softness of the throw against his cheek. The kitchen, which he could now glimpse from his new vantage point, had been repainted. He raised a silent eyebrow at that.

Closing his eyes, he tried to comprehend the changes. Sanam's presence was stamped on every surface of this room now. For a brief moment, it felt as if the breath was leaving his body, and he wasn't sure how to hold on to it. His house had needed his woman's touch to make it into a home. She had done it, despite how much he must have disappointed her when he left. He had abandoned her, but she hadn't once called him to remonstrate.

"Where are you?" he suddenly asked out loud, but of course there was no answer.  His eyes landed on the wedding picture. Her smiling face. Her glowing eyes. The way she gazed at him in another picture. And the third one was the one that got to him. The way he had been captured gazing at her. He looked away, unable to handle the emotion in his own eyes.

Getting up, he walked down the hallway to his bedroom, his hands absentmindedly loosening his tie and pulling it over his head. He was so tired, but seeing the changes in his home had soothed him in a way he hadn't been for the longest time.

Stepping inside his bedroom, he froze once more, wondering how many times she would surprise him today. She had made his house into a home, and she had transformed his bedroom into . . . theirs. His incredulous gaze moving over the space, seeing her presence on every surface. Inhaling, he reveled in her soft scent.

He saw the array of items on the vanity, her makeup, her perfumes, her jewelry. Her books on the other side of the bed. A splash of color lying across the quilt caught his attention; it was her dupatta. Flowers on the coffee table. The hard white sofa had been replaced by a softer version.

Sanam was staying here. Had she been sleeping in his bed? The books on the nightstand seemed evidence of that. Why had she chosen his bedroom when he had made it clear that she could pick any of the other rooms? He closed his eyes. Hidden in that request had been an order that she actually pick some other room. Then why his?

Tossing the tie on the bed, he moved across the bedroom to the closet. Unbuttoning his collar, he slid open the closet doors and stopped once more. More color. More feminine outfits. He reached in for a pair of gray sweats and a black T-shirt, and encountered the soft, flimsy material of her clothes instead. He gazed quietly at the bright colors, a direct contrast to his own monochrome colors.

She was making her way into every corner of his life. She was staking her claim on everything, him included. He was hard-pressed to resent her intrusion. What had started out as a desperate bid to save her had snowballed into something out of his control. He was beginning to wonder why he was even struggling against the tide. Why not just give in and become . . . hers? He ruthlessly brushed that weak thought aside.

Pulling out his clothes, he decisively shut the closet doors. Had he forgotten the many reasons he needed to stay away from her? Striding into the bathroom, he took a quick shower, ignoring the toiletries on the counter or the lacy bra hanging on the shower rod.

Moving into the bedroom once more, he slipped into bed, needing the rest after the sleepless nights he had had while onsite. And once again, he was engulfed in her scent. Breathing deeply, one hand unconsciously reaching out to the empty side of the bed, he slipped into slumber.

Minutes later . . . or was it hours later, he awakened to the distant sounds of movement in the home. Someone was back and seemed to be cooking. It was a smell he associated with home, and he hadn't even known that. Long ago memories pierced the remaining veil of sleep, and he remembered the time when his mother was alive.

He raised his head. Sanam? Without a second thought, still half asleep, he got up and left the bedroom. Moving down the hallway and towards the kitchen, he stopped in the doorway, his eyes moving over her busy figure as it moved around the kitchen. She was humming. She wore a yellow shalwar, kameez, her hair tied back in a braid. His eyes moved compulsively over her slender figure, looking for any changes. There were none. After all, it had only been three weeks.

Suddenly, she stopped and swiftly turned towards the entryway, relaxing only when she saw him standing there. He saw emotions cross her face, joy . . . anger . . .  before serenity seemed to settle in. Racing toward him, she grabbed him in a fierce hug. "You're awake. Welcome back!"

Aahil's arms seemed to automatically wrap around her body, grasping her close to him. The embrace was unexpected as it was welcome. Bending down, he buried his nose in her neck, inhaling her sweet scent. "Hmm," he murmured, closing his eyes sleepily.

"Aahil?" Sanam murmured, patting his back. She moved restlessly.

He nestled closer, holding her tighter. She was here, in his arms, and he did not want to let go.

"Aahil," she murmured, "The food is burning. Do you really want to eat burnt food tonight?" she whispered against his ear.

He jerked back, the sensation of her whisper against his ear too much for his senses. He stepped back, rubbing at his eyes with his knuckles.

"You are such a child," Sanam murmured, pinching his cheek. "A very complicated one. Take a seat," she ordered, patting the stool in front of the counter. Once she had him seated, she went over to the pot and stirred it vigorously before moving over to the coffee maker to pour him a cup of coffee. Returning with the cup, she placed that and a plate of samosas in front of him.

"Where were you?" he asked, taking a sip of the coffee. "I came home and you weren't here."

She stopped for a moment at those words, her back to him. Turning to look at him, she took in the shadows under his eyes, the stubble on his chin, the fact that he had lost some weight. Tilting her head to the side, she said, "Imagine how I felt every day when I returned to an empty home." She paused for a moment, awaiting his answer.

He had nothing.

She smiled at him in a sickly sweet way, and then turned back to the pots on the stove.

He cleared his throat, shifting uncomfortably in his chair. "Where were you?" he repeated, taking a bite of the samosa.

"At LSB's DV clinic," Sanam responded over her shoulder.

"What were you doing there?" Aahil asked curiously.

"Just because they fired me doesn't mean that I can't do some good," Sanam replied. "I went to volunteer. They always need volunteers, and the attorney in charge is a good friend of mine."

"Wasn't it hard to go back?' Aahil asked hesitantly, taking a quick swallow from the cup.

"Not really. I know they let me go because of pressure, not because of anything I did," she responded placidly.

Aahil raised an eyebrow at that.

"No big deal. I'll go back and volunteer until the furor dies down. I'm sure they'll hire me back afterwards." She smiled at him brightly, almost too brightly. "Anyways. Help me to set the table," she ordered, beginning to pull the dishes out of the cabinet.

The table was soon set, and. before he knew it. they were sitting down to eat. Aahil stared at the food in front of him, especially the apple pie. "Who's been talking?" he asked, looking up at her.

"I pay attention, Aahil," Sanam replied. "We've been having family dinners and dates for months. I'd be a dunce not to notice. Eat up. You look like you've lost weight."

Aahil nodded, a lump growing in his throat. For the longest time, no one had paid attention to what he liked or didn't like. He had Rehan and Lateef, but they were men. They didn't notice things like this.

"How was work?" she asked casually, carefully watching how much he ate.

He looked up.

"It seems that you were very busy," she noted, meeting his gaze squarely

He swallowed, wondering what gave her so much confidence. She never failed to challenge what she thought was wrong. She never beat around the bush. "Everything that could go wrong did," he murmured. "Contracts fell apart. If I hadn't been onsite, the project delays would've caused us damages in the lakhs."

"Good thinking on your part about being there at this crucial time," Sanam noted, a knowing look in her eyes.

He nodded again, a flush appearing on his cheeks. The truth was that he had been a coward in running away, and she knew it. Clearing his throat, he focused on the food to the exclusion of all else.

"Rehan is at Haya's house," Sanam disclosed. "I gave Lateef the night off, since I thought I was going to be alone." Getting up after they were done, she began to clear the table. Filling the sink with water, she began to wash the dishes one by one.

He silently came and stood by her, reaching for a washcloth.

"Don't," she ordered, trying to grab the cloth from him. "You just came back from your trip."

"I can help this much around the house," he said softly, keeping the cloth in his hold. "It looks like you've taken care of everything while I've been gone. It's only right that I help out in some way. Sanam, let me."

Gazing up at him, her heart lightened by how some of the shadows had disappeared, she gave him a wet dish to wipe. Smiling at him, she went back to washing the dishes.

The two stood there, in silence, doing their domestic duty. Aahil had never had a chance to do something like this. When he was old enough to stand by his mother's side, his mother had no longer been on this earth. Even if she had been, the Nawab's household had never been a place where you could do something like that. After a moment, he realized that she was softly humming at his side. Looking sideways at her, he saw the smile playing on her face. That same half-grin that had been on her face in all of the pictures. A smile that said she was truly content.

Abruptly putting down the dish he had been drying, he stepped back and strode away.

. . . . . . . . . . .

Two hours later, after getting some work done in his home office, Aahil had entered the pool for his nightly swim. After 20 laps, he had to admit the tiny pool wasn't doing  much to help him work off any of his frustration.

What had he hoped for when he came back home? That he would get near her and not want her? What was he supposed to do tonight? No answers were forthcoming. And so he swam. Back and forth. Back and forth. And back and forth.

Landing against the side of the pool, he grasped the side and took a deep breath. Pulling himself out of the pool, he looked around for his towel, as water dripping down his body and into a pool round him. "Lateef!" he called out, forgetting for a moment.

"Still not here," Sanam murmured, coming up to him. She had a towel in her hand.

Nodding his thanks, he reached out for it.

She pulled it out of his reach, shaking her head with a smile.

He raised a silent eyebrow at her, wondering what she was thinking.

Moving back in to him, she raised the towel and gently began to wipe at the water coursing down his body.

He inhaled deeply, his body reacting to her touch without his volition.

She moved on, undeterred, her hands moving lower, over his abdomen . . . and paused when she reached the waistband of his khaki shorts. Looking at him mischievously, taking in his frozen expression, she moved her hands back up. They moved across his broad shoulders, dabbing at the droplets there. Moving behind him, she allowed her emotions to show for a moment. Her hands shook slightly, and then stabilized as she moved the towel over his entire back. Moving to stand in front of him once more, she reached up and rubbed at the water in his hair. He shook his head slightly, and droplets of water landed on her cheeks.

Pulling away, she looked at his face, the harshness of it softened by the wet tendrils falling across his forehead. He looked so innocent and yet so manly. She felt her body clenching deep down in her core, as heat coursed through her body. Slipping the towel around his neck, she pulled him close so that his face was inches away.

"What are you doing?" he breathed against her lips.

Her lips fell open at the sensation, her eyes staring into his, mesmerized. Moving in closer, she went in for the kiss. She placed a butterfly kiss against his lips. They shared a breath. She pulled back and then went back in for another, only this time the tip of her tongue slipped between his lips, tasting him. Savoring him. Pulling back, she looked into his face.

His eyes were closed, his lips pursed. As if he was tasting her on his lips.

She blushed a fiery red, wondering where she had gotten the courage to do that. Moving in, she caressed his cheek with hers, her nose rubbing against his. Turning her head, they shared another kiss . .. another breath.

His hands came and clutched at her waist, gripping it tightly. For a moment, he pulled her close, her body coming to rest flush against his.

Sanam closed her eyes, her forehead coming to rest against the base of his neck. She inhaled deeply. The scent of his skin, mixed with the chlorinated water, engulfed her. She inhaled once more, wanting to take him deep inside of her. Nestling closer, she relished his strength against her softer body.

She shivered slightly, wondering . She could feel him against her . . . his hardness against her core. She gasped softly as he moved against her, her lower core clenching once more. She raised her head and reached her fingers up to clutch at the hair back of his head, pulling his head down to hers.

But he stopped her, his hands reaching up to grasp at her wrists and pulled them away. "No," he murmured. His words were pained, and she could see the ache in his eyes.

"Why?" she demanded softly. "Why not?"

Shaking his head, he pulled away from her and walked away.

. . . . . . . . . .

Aahil rolled over in bed, trying to get comfortable. He was tired. But he couldn't go to sleep. Not with her lying in bed next to him. She hadn't been shy at all about any of this. He'd watched her go into the restroom, then seen her brush her hair in front of the mirror, and climb into bed next to him. She'd even murmured a soft good night before turning over to go to sleep.

How could she already be asleep? This was their first night in bed together, and she was already asleep. He had to admit that he felt a little bit insulted. But what was the alternative? Would he rather that she be awake and seducing him? What if he gave in?

He sighed softly, and rolled over once more, this time turning towards her. He jerked back when his eyes met hers, her face inches away from him. "Are you trying to scare me?" he growled, a hand going up to his pounding heart.

"I love you," she said suddenly, blinking at him sleepily. "It's our first night together, and I want to sleep in my husband's arms."

He gazed at her, his mind searching for the right words to say. They couldn't be that he loved her, too. They couldn't be that he wanted the same thing. Then what could he say?

She inched closer, her eyes pinning him in place. Lying down next to him, she rested her head on his shoulder. Slowly, so slowly, she placed her arm across his body, and cuddled close. It was as if she belonged there.

He sighed deeply, and placed a hand over her back, pulling her closer. And moments later he was asleep, finally able to find the peace that he had been so desperately seeking for such a long time. He had found it in her arms.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Aahil sat in the study, his eyes moving over the books on the shelves, the heavy desk in front of him . . . the curtains on the windows, even the wallpaper, anything to avoid the eyes of the man who sat in front of him. The two of them had come over for dinner, and Sanam had forced him into the room with the other man.

"You need to learn how to speak with my father." Her tone was insistent, taking on that demanding quality that all wives seemed to have when cajoling their husbands. She crossed her arms across her chest and tried out a pout.

He nodded absentmindedly, his eyes roving helplessly over her slender figure bedecked in a beautiful lavender and black sari. She was a seductress, the shadows in her eyes drawing him in. His gaze landed on the curve of her waist, left bare by the short blouse. He wanted to pull her into his arms, but he controlled himself. Even if she looked like a goddess, his goddess, they had places to go and appointments to keep.

"Aahil, did you hear me?" Sanam said, her pout growing as she noticed his distraction.

Aahil snapped himself out of it, and shot back, "But we have nothing to talk about! Your dad hates me. I'm pretty sure he'll attack me if we're left alone too long."

"He won't attack you," Sanam snapped at him. "Don't be silly. You do have things to talk about. Very important things, namely me. You have to convince him that I made the right decision," Sanam said, raising her chin challengingly. "You can do that much, right?"

Aahil could only look at her silently, wondering what was really going on in her mind.

"We're together, Aahil for the rest of our lives," Sanam said softly, walking over to place a loving hand on his cheek. "Do you really want to be in a cold war with my dad for that entire time?"

"So," Aahil began, clearing his throat. He then stopped, finding he had nothing to say. This was the first time he was encountering the man after their wedding, and it seemed that his level of discomfort had increased.

"She seems happy," Asad finally said, breaking his silence.

Aahil raised an eyebrow in surprise.

"I thought my daughter was making the biggest mistake of her life when she decided to marry you," he continuing, his eyes focusing on Aahil's face. "And it took me a long time to realize that she had the right to make that mistake. She has been an adult for a long time . . . enough time that I should no longer interfere in her decisions."

"I'm sorry," Aahil finally uttered, the surprise still apparent in his voice, "But where is this coming from? You haven't spoken a word to me, to either of us, since the truth came out, and all of a sudden you're sharing your feelings?"

"Sanam and Seher are the light of my life," Asad continued, his expression implacable. "I want to protect them from every conceivable pain . . . from everything. When I heard the truth about the two of you, my first instinct was to separate you from their lives. But it seems that you both have taken far deeper root in their hearts than I ever thought possible. Seher doesn't really speak to me anymore, but she's hurting."

Aahil's mind flashed back to this morning. Seher had been at their home, and had spent the entire breakfast watching Haya and Rehan interact. She had been happy for them. Clearly happy. But he had also seen flashes of envy in those eyes. He had seen her hurt when she looked at him and Sanam. She wanted to be married to Rehan.

"And my relationship with Sanam is no longer the same," Asad continued morosely. He clenched his hands on the desk, the fingers laced together.

"Did Sanam have the same conversation with you that she had with me?" Aahil asked, a smile playing at the corners of his mouth.

"Yep," Asad said ruefully. "She pointed out that hating my daughter's husband wasn't sustainable in the long term. She apparently loves you, and my distance hurts her." He sighed heavily, a brief frown playing across his features before he forced himself to relax. "I thought I'd speak with you first. I'll speak with Rehan afterwards. His situation . . . the trauma of our past can't be so easily forgotten."

"But Seher needs for you to forget," Aahil interjected.

"Rehan's mother was evil, but I've seen him. I know that he isn't like her," Asad admitted. "She didn't even raise him. It's my heart I have to convince. It's taking a while getting there."

Aahil sat back, so shocked to hear Asad speaking so frankly to him. Why was the man speaking to him this way? "You can't just have changed all of a sudden," Aahil said suddenly, the light turning on in his mind.

Asad raised a silent eyebrow.

"You had us investigated, didn't you? That's why everything seems to have changed. You couldn't stand to be in the same room as either of us when the truth came out." Aahil blurted out. "Not only do you know exactly how the both of us have lived our lives up until now, you know more than that. There is no way you would be talking to me this way, not unless. . ."

Asad nodded, a small smile beginning to play across her face.

"What did you find out?" Aahil challenged, straightening in his chair and raising his chin in quick challenge. He wouldn't back away from anything that Asad Ahmed Khan threw at him today.

Asad sat back, an eyebrow raised and a small smirk playing across his lips. "Everything."

Aahil blanched at that disclosure. "You mean . . ." he began, unsure of how to continue.

"I mean everything," Asad affirmed. "I didn't find anything that I believe should be kept hidden. So, my only question is when are you going to tell my daughter?"

~*~*~*~*~*~

Aahil sat in the living room, to where he had escaped from Sanam. She was everywhere. This morning she had jumped in the shower while he was brushing his teeth. The thought of her on the other side of that thin curtain, the view of her silhouette through that almost transparent shower curtain had been too much. He'd grabbed his brush and run for another bathroom in just his boxers.

That had certainly given Lateef moments of joy.

Rubbing a tired hand over his eyes, he wondered how much of this torture he could stand.

She had slept in his arms again last night. After that first night, he'd tried to pull back, but he wasn't winning. Or was he? He'd gently rolled her away, putting some much needed distance between himself and her delectable body, but he had then awakened this morning in her arms instead. Too afraid to meet her eyes, he'd sprung out of bed and raced for the bathroom. She had followed him in there.

He was loving her more and more every day. He thought he'd loved her before they'd gotten married, but seeing her everyday . . .seeing her taking care of him, loving him to the utmost of her ability melted his heart in every which way. Every moment they spent together  in their home brought him one step closer to becoming like her. She was so sure and so courageous. She'd grabbed on and wouldn't let go. He heaved a sigh, running a hand over his face. She made him want to be like her. Just as courageous. Just as loving. He was tired of being a coward. Tired of thinking and doing nothing. He was tired of who he had become.

She chose you. She left behind that job with minimal regrets. She's ignoring what her beloved father is asking of her. She doesn't care about our family reputation. And believe me, we've been getting some calls from her aunts and uncles, asking whether she's thought things through. She doesn't care. She wants you. She only wants you.

Zoya Auntie's words rang through his mind.

"Now, my only question is when are you going to tell my daughter?"

And her father's grudging acceptance.

The events of the nikah came to mind, as well. The reason he had actually gone through with the wedding, despite seeing how much her family was against her marrying him.

But could he explain something so dark to Sanam, who was wholly a creature of the light? Would it change her view of him? He took a deep breath, and got up to pace around the living room. Staring up at their wedding picture, he allowed a little bit of hope to seep through his heart. A nervous energy was running through his body now. Maybe the past didn't matter. It shouldn't matter. Why am I holding onto it so hard?

She accepted me when she thought I was an orphan and had no one else in the world. When she thought he had been Rehan Imran Qureshi.

She'd accepted him when she suspected him of being an abused child, trusting that he had rebuilt himself enough to be capable of love. She'd trusted her heart to him, and how had he repaid her?

Even when the truth came out . . . she'd accepted him when she found out that he had lied to her. He'd revealed that betrayal to her in front of the entire world, not even giving her the courtesy of telling her in private. He closed his eyes in remorse. She'd accepted him when he outed himself as a convicted killer. Not only that, she'd proudly and happily married him in front of the entire world.

What hadn't Sanam Ahmed Kh-- Sanam Aahil Raza Ibrahim done for the man she loved?

Could he do any less for the woman he loved? Those promises that he had made so long ago, to himself . . . to others. . . really how much were they worth in the face of all he was losing if he didn't open up now? And the truth was, her father already knew. Chances were, her entire family already knew. The truth was coming out, and it had freed him. So why not share it with her? Why not give her the chance to decide if she could be with him?

Aahil jerked up, abruptly pulled from his thoughts by the slamming of the front door. Getting up, he walked towards  the entrance, his face breaking into a smile when he saw Sanam standing there. She was home.

She strode into the room and jerked to a stop in front of him.

His happy eyes searched her face, and a feeling of dread grew in his heart when he saw the anger in her eyes. Looking up to the ceiling for a moment, he returned his gaze to Sanam's face. What was wrong now?

"How dare you?' She asked quietly, crossing her arms across her chest. Her hands cupped at her elbows, desperately trying to hold onto something . . . anything. She knew that if she let go, she could fly apart into a million pieces.

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"Do you want to share with me why you suddenly agreed to the marriage?" she asked suddenly, seeming to change tack. "Why, when you were dragging your feet, you suddenly said 'qubool hai'?"

"The rumors . . ," he began.

"The rumors would have died down, Aahil. I'm no fragile flower that needed a knight in shining armor to come and save her. Why did you suddenly stop walking down the path of noble idiocy? Why the sudden change to marriage?"

"It was for the best," he murmured, reaching out a hand to caress her cheek. "I realized one very important thing as the wedding grew closer. It pushed me into that decision. In fact, I l-"

"I was so afraid," Sanam interrupted him, pulling away from him. "I was so afraid that you had been trapped in this marriage due to your own sense of honor. Through no fault of your own you'd been caught in this web. Every night, every dam*ed night, I felt so guilty that I couldn't go to sleep. When you went through with the marriage, I decided that I would do my best to make sure that you didn't regret your decision." Her eyes were haunted, her voice revealing the pain that she had so carefully hidden up until now.

Where was this coming from? Aahil hadn't suspected any of this.

"I was grateful," Sanam admitted with difficulty.

"Grateful?" he asked in a choked tone of voice, falling back from her. He turned his back on her, repudiating her words. His skin crawled at that word. Just when he was ready to confess his readiness to be all in, she said this? What the hell did she think of him? An abused child to be pitied? A man to whom she was grateful. When would it be just simply love? Rubbing at his forehead, trying to control the pain that had begun to pound at his temples, he wondered if there could ever be simple love between the two of them.

"You said yes, and I was so happy," Sanam said bleakly. "I was going to make this house into a home. Us into a family. And make it so you would never regret it."

"And I don't regret it," Aahil muttered, turning back to look at her.

"Of course you don't regret it," Sanam shot back, a bitter note entering her voice. "After all, you had to get married to somebody, right?"

Aahil's eyes widened at the cynicism in her eyes. Nothing he had done had affected her in this way. But something had changed.

"You had to protect your money, right? Your wealth. You had to protect the lifestyle to which you have grown accustomed." She shook her head, taking a ragged breath. "At least now I know I don't have to feel guilty anymore."

"What are you talking about, Sanam?" Aahil growled at her, striding over to grab at her shoulders.

"I'm talking about your father's will, Mr. Aahil Raza Ibrahim," Sanam said, jerking away from him. She moved away from him, as if unable to stand their proximity. "The will that said you had to marry before your 30th birthday or you would lose everything. You must've thanked your lucky stars when I insisted on getting married."

||

\/

Chapter 16 - Ae Humnava

A/N: Sorry for the long wait to those SaHil readers who are still out there. Tongue Hope that you like the chapter. The story is coming to a close. Maybe 2 to 3 more chapters. Hope you stick with it till the end. Smile

Edited by darkice7_12 - 11 July 2016 at 12:59am

The following 27 member(s) liked the above post:

toughPnayee30Darkchocolatespy17lipika1anju32unknown123sahilasyaChampaka04Lovesahilfariaflowerinnocentangel4unoor jAmbyrocksak020203siyasharma94tr_etaIhopelovealeenaansarizoyazrehanmuskaan17rocksiam_aheli_98fatima30Mahu34AGirlHasNoName--Mirage--Intuitive

Go to top