Flame. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Heya, lovely folks. My name is Aahana and this is my first topic on this forum πŸ˜Š
First of all let me say that like everyone else here, I'm loving this beautiful show. So refreshing and real. 
I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the friendship between Neil and Samaira. Gosh, these two are just so cute. The way Neil is always looking out for her. So adorable. I just totally love him. He's so fun, witty and super cute πŸ˜†
The super duper hot, handsome and intensely mysterious Arjun is so intriguing. Loving his character but at times he's scary too lol I mean I hope he doesn't hurt Sam. 
Initially Radhika felt okay okay to me but her character is becoming very very likeable as the story is progressing. Love Neil and Chashni already πŸ˜³

All this aside, I read some comments on how can Samaira trust Arjun so easily despite being so smart and all that and I totally agree with this pov. One shouldn't be falling in love with a total stranger like this but I'd like to share my two cents here. I noticed something about Sam and that is the fact that she doesn't really like going home. I remember in Rishikesh where we actually saw her being happy and when she and her idiot got drunk she said that she didn't feel like returning home. Even when she returned to Mumbai she kept roaming around for so long before going home and getting scolded by her mom. She was also so quick to leave home and move in with Neil even if it was just for two days and now we don't really know where she's staying at the moment but I feel this is all coz of the fact that she feels deprived of love. Deprived of something so important in her life - Love from her mother. Her mother has been punishing her for a crime she never really committed. Piyali doesn't talk to her properly, taunts her all the time, insults her in front of everyone and her mother's this bitterness never really lets Sam forget that fateful night when she lost her brother and her once happy family life ended up in shambles and precisely that is why I feel Sam managed to trust the charming Arjun so easily. She's a girl desperately seeking some love and she clearly hasn't been finding it in a place where she rightfully should be, her own family. I've personally seen few cases in my life where love deprived kids have gone astray trying to seek love somewhere outside the family. These kids are so hungry for love that they fall for all the sweet words uttered by a stranger, never really thinking about his/her intention. I honestly do believe that this is what happens when kids don't get sufficient love and understanding from within the family they try to find it somewhere outside and get trapped.
Yes, Sam's dad loves her but even at the end of the day he advices her young, broken soul to understand her mom and try and find her and not vice versa. Shouldn't he be advising his wife or at least take her to some shrink so that she would be able to move on from that tragic moment and finally be able to see that she still has her one child? 
I will stop now since my post is becoming too long but my only point is that Sam is a girl who was deprived of love when she needed it the most and that is why when a stranger like Arjun showers her with sweet words, dreamy and intriguing lines she can't help but fall for his charms or should I say traps? No doubt she receives a lot of love, care and understanding from Neil but is it enough for a broken girl who's so full with guilt, regret, sadness and loneliness? I believe not and I really hope whatever plans Arjun has, he doesn't hurt her for she's already so hurt that she feels she has nobody in this world. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaNan_SamArj thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
πŸ‘πŸ‘amazing postπŸ‘ amazing post. A beautiful take on Samaira, I totally agree with you...and that's the reason I never blamed Sam for trusting Arjun 'cause I too had witnesed one of my friend doing same. This kind of people will trust anybody who shows love to them and that would be one of the reasons for SaRa friendship..
rabeeha thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Very well said.I think Sam's problm is expectations.BS was her dream and passion bt now its just a way to prove her mother that she is a responsible person she is trying hard bt she is failed continusly she has to act at certain level to prove herself to her mother.Her father loves her a lot bt again he expect her to understand her mother and improve their relation ,Neil is her best friend and care alot about her bt he also expect her to work properly and prove herself to her mother.i now our loved ones have expectations from us and it not at all wrong bt sometime u just feel bounded especialy in sam's current emotional condition .u just want to free from all this.she has found this freedom with arjun,according to her he is a stranger and she can be a simple sam with him,not someone's daughter not someone's best friend she can be just by herself she feel free. She does not have to prove anything to him.she feel free from any bound,I hope i hv make any sense Sorry for quite long post
Ri21 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
welcome aahana and this is one amazng post. amazing take on sam. n i agree when a person is deprived of love the person gets easily meltd by little love shown by anyone.. but m scared too as arjun ll hurt her later. n i wonder what ll happen as sam is already shattered and looks like this is sam's frst love.. she ll be heartbroken.. 
neil sam i love them, thats what guy and girl best friends are. just perfect
even i didnot like radhika much but neil with chashni i love their scenes.. 
soni595 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Welcome to the forum Aahana! A wonderful take on Samaira and her immediate sense of trust with Arjun. In addition, to being deprived of her mother's love and broken family, I think her trust with Arjun has probably a lot to do with him not being connected to her past life - those happy moments she reminisces about or her current state of grief and shattered family aren't connected to him (or that she knows of). So, he is a clean slate for her, someone who doesn't remind her of her loss and sadness like say her other strong relationships - her father and Neil do - two moments in particular with Neil stand out where Sam gets upset when Neil receives Piyali's phone call and updates her on Sam. Arjun is a clean slate who caught her in vulnerable moment where her loneliness was gnawing at her. I think he especially caught on that she cannot resist melting when asked for help to solve a problem - this sense of trust that someone has in her to do something right is not something her mother her has in her.
Flame. thumbnail
Originally posted by: MaNan_SamArj

πŸ‘πŸ‘amazing postπŸ‘ amazing post. A beautiful take on Samaira, I totally agree with you...and that's the reason I never blamed Sam for trusting Arjun 'cause I too had witnesed one of my friend doing same. This kind of people will trust anybody who shows love to them and that would be one of the reasons for SaRa friendship..

Hey, thanks so much. πŸ˜Š
Yes, I agree. Sam's situatuion is such that no one can blame her. Poor girl is just trying to find some love and acceptance :( And im just eagerly waiting for Radhika - Sam friendship. I hope she plays a role in making things right for Samaira :D 
Flame. thumbnail
Originally posted by: rabeeha

Very well said.I think Sam's problm is expectations.BS was her dream and passion bt now its just a way to prove her mother that she is a responsible person she is trying hard bt she is failed continusly she has to act at certain level to prove herself to her mother.Her father loves her a lot bt again he expect her to understand her mother and improve their relation ,Neil is her best friend and care alot about her bt he also expect her to work properly and prove herself to her mother.i now our loved ones have expectations from us and it not at all wrong bt sometime u just feel bounded especialy in sam's current emotional condition .u just want to free from all this.she has found this freedom with arjun,according to her he is a stranger and she can be a simple sam with him,not someone's daughter not someone's best friend she can be just by herself she feel free. She does not have to prove anything to him.she feel free from any bound,I hope i hv make any sense Sorry for quite long post

Hi, Rabeeha :) 
yes, yes you made a lot of sense and I totally agree. Sam doesnt feel the need to prove or explain anything to Arjun. She can just be herself and forget her worries and add to that the beauty that Arjun is πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† 
Yes I agree with what you said about our loved ones having expectations from us which is completely alright but Sam's condition is a bit different. She's emotionally too broken. 
Flame. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ri21

welcome aahana and this is one amazng post. amazing take on sam. n i agree when a person is deprived of love the person gets easily meltd by little love shown by anyone.. but m scared too as arjun ll hurt her later. n i wonder what ll happen as sam is already shattered and looks like this is sam's frst love.. she ll be heartbroken.. 

neil sam i love them, thats what guy and girl best friends are. just perfect
even i didnot like radhika much but neil with chashni i love their scenes.. 

Heyaa!! Yes, I just hope Arjun doesn't hurt her. I just hope so coz now if someone hurts her this badly or betrays her I think it will take a lot of effort and time on Arjun's part to win her trust back. Just don't want Sam to get hurt further. 
Neil and Sam are superbb! Lol loved that canteen gandi comments marenge scene. The way he was trying to convince her. Sam Chal na please Chal na lol gosh such a cutie. He's literally the jaan of the show for me. Gets so much energy into it. 
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Wow very very well written post .. I too felt like how a girl like Sam who  lives on her own terms can be so vulnerable to a stranger .. I mean yaah Arjun is hot as hell .. but still .. however, I agree with your points .. as I missed a few initial episodes I guess I couldn't analyse Sam properly .. and hey plzz make such nice posts often .. really enjoyed reading this one
Flame. thumbnail
Originally posted by: soni595

Welcome to the forum Aahana! A wonderful take on Samaira and her immediate sense of trust with Arjun. In addition, to being deprived of her mother's love and broken family, I think her trust with Arjun has probably a lot to do with him not being connected to her past life - those happy moments she reminisces about or her current state of grief and shattered family aren't connected to him (or that she knows of). So, he is a clean slate for her, someone who doesn't remind her of her loss and sadness like say her other strong relationships - her father and Neil do - two moments in particular with Neil stand out where Sam gets upset when Neil receives Piyali's phone call and updates her on Sam. Arjun is a clean slate who caught her in vulnerable moment where her loneliness was gnawing at her. I think he especially caught on that she cannot resist melting when asked for help to solve a problem - this sense of trust that someone has in her to do something right is not something her mother her has in her.

Hello, Soni πŸ˜Š
You're spot on. Totally agree that Arjun seized the opportunity when he caught her vulnerability. I'm sure he was testing her the first time they met. The way she easily sat in his car without thinking even once of the consequences even though i felt that was a bit too much, a girl would think thousand times before entering a stranger's car but guess that was to show us how gullible she's at the moment. 
Yes, and also the fact as you rightly stated that he's a clean slate. Totally unconnected to her tragic past(we could be so wrong here,Sigh) Sam's a big mess right now. I had some expectations from her Dad but I guess he's powerless in front of his wife.