Reporters
Reporters

Episode 16: A Ray of Hope..

AeDilHaiMushkil IF-Rockerz
AeDilHaiMushkil
AeDilHaiMushkil

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:43pm | IP Logged

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST

The Author have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to Members Only.

New Visitors Register Now to view the content of this post. As a member you will also be able to participate in our discussions and its FAST & FREE!

Members, please Sign-In.

If you are a member and already logged in. Please hit "Refresh" on your web browser as it might be showing you the cached copy (from previously saved file from Temporary Internet Files).

The following 30 member(s) liked the above post:

nimmi26renjinivarmamunaiojas143rajani_sidnabilamubeenasadzoya143loveasaddrsm44LifeGoesOnLuvmayurmaneetmeenu0527SantaClausShanaya_MaNanMetisDexterRocksvinnurimi2983life93Zannat.farz_parachute-FreeSpirit-uknaik99Maha149rajanigandha26Sagi.Nithiya95_symphonysoni595GitaIyer

Maha149 IF-Rockerz
Maha149
Maha149

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
Outstanding
Post thk u 

Edited by Maha149 - 07 May 2015 at 2:09pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Zannat.

Metis Viewbie
Metis
Metis

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
@ Avantika: Same pinch! I was thinking of you and how right you were. Dang you. LOL

The only reason I couldn't post the long review I usually do today is because I came out of one meeting, watched the episode and ate lunch at the same time in a rush, and then rushed to another. Now that I'm free I can reply to your review with what came to my mind as I was watching. LOL

The Handshake - Apart from the fact that it was done in slow mo to accentuate the point, I loved the stride. There was pride in it, but not arrogance. There was pride that he had been right and more so pride that at least one person in the office had believed him. If you noticed as he was looking around everyone who had suspected his intellect was looking away. Without actually saying it he was saying "Ha" to each of them. And what I liked more was the look on Ananya's face. Because it was exactly what I was thinking. My heart was beating fast even though I knew what was going to happen. It was like seeing one of my crushes in front of me and he was acknowledging me and only me. Kabir's "you did" to Malvaika spoke so much in just 2 words. It was like reminding Malvaika that she may just be taking things too far.

Ronnie - Honestly every time they show that sad face of his I just feel like hugging him. I don't think they'll make him vamp though. This is a finite series so they have a lot to concentrate on already. If they started making Ronnie a vamp then this show could go on for years Ekta style. *Everyone gives 3 different reactions for this.* Tongue

Tarini's call - I totally missed this part. Thanks video uploaders. *sarcastically* Ermm Now I have to wait for Setindia to upload the video. I kept wondering why he told Tarini that she can leave the house now. Well that explains it.

Daru and Devdas - I feel like here Kabir was weighing the 2 options he had. One was to drown himself in his griefs and drink and the other was to rise above it all and try to move on. And the way Tarini asked "agar ghurana band ho gaya ho toh isse undar rakh doon" told me she saw this often. He was testing himself and he may just keep one bottle to do exactly that. I don't like the way they've reasoned out his past either. I keep hoping there's more. There's more that will explain so much more. But if this is what they're showing, then so be it. I guess we'll just have to see it ironed out a bit more.

Tarini and Kabir - Well the love triangle is already there. Kabir and Ananya will fall for each other, Ronnie loves Ananya, from the way Tarini was looking at Kabir it looks like she loves him, Malvaika has got a school girl's crush on Kabir, Manav is possessive about Malvaika...god help me! But then again this is also something believable. Realistic.

The highlight of the episode - If you said the questionnaire I would have taken the bottle that Kabir was holding and thrown it at you. Tongue (Just kidding btw.) Totally. That balancing act...it was too good. But the best part was the smiley. I never expected to see Kabir even reply to the text, but then he smiled and then he sent the smiley. The moment he smiled, a change came over his whole personna. And the teasing...again so harmless, non-OTT, and real.

The cafe scene - If there's ever a time I felt like burying a hole, it was this. I almost forwarded through the whole part because in a show that relies so much on reality, this cafe scene and the questionnaire were just too dramatic for me. Sorry CVs but you've lost me on this one. I don't like. Thumbs Down

The new story - Another interesting and sensitive issue has been brought to the forefront. I like how Reporters deals with about one issue a week and each is as real as it gets.

Khalid - Heck the one and only time I actually liked him is today. He was hilarious!

Ray of hope - Heck I never thought of that. Ah what a great payback that would be. Clap

Edited by KhotaSikaShreya - 07 May 2015 at 1:16pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

renjinivarmadrsm44LifeGoesOnZannat.AeDilHaiMushkil-FreeSpirit-Aazeen02_symphony

DexterRocks IF-Dazzler
DexterRocks
DexterRocks

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
Honestly, when Kabir walked towards Ananya, i could not move my eyes off Rajeev, i mean silly me, something happened to me, he looked so good, everything went blank in front of my eyes.
But Ananya's fellow colleagues teases her well, i can understand how such situations make up a lovely environment in working places. and infact all her colleagues, Ronnie, Richa and Disha are hilarious, they have a common topic that is kabir sir to discuss with Ananya , and Miss kashyap does not mind either.

Last day in my office i was being part of a gossip, and trust me it lightened up the pressure that my stupid boss puts on my shoulders, and sometimes i feel if i would be a vamp i would be thirst for my boss's blood. No wonder KKN has a bunch of gossip girls and gossip listeners, gossip inducers and gossip makers. It was actually fun to watch.

Rohan and Manav were hilarious tonight, but no no no Khaled, well Khaled baby wins it, i love him, i love khaled, if i would be kabir, i would always keep khaled in my room just to have a good laugh at his antics.

I am developing a liking for Tarini and Kabir's friendship, they understand each other's plight very well, and seems like they were the only ones who helped each other and supported each other when they were abandoned by their respective partners. I hope Tarini plays a cupid between kaya, for instance Ananya and Tarini can have a conversation and Tarini can reveal to Ananya that how kabir is has been a true friend and loyal too. 

The devdas scene, well Rajeev, only if there would be a glass and he would take a drink, i could feel my sujal onscreen. Tormented, torn in love, bound by memories of his past, so much like my sujal. But Naah its kabir, i could see him as kabir only, and as i have said in my post seems like, his wife has mistrusted him and he could not give his wife financial satisfaction. and both the factors played in their divorce. Unlucky is the woman who abandoned him and could not realize the gem inside him. 

The questionnaire, the less i say its better. Only Malvika seemed to be genuinely concerned about kabir's personal life being discussed like this, and if she is then i appreciate her efforts. Manav seems to be slowly getting obsessed with Kabir, he is losing it in his jealousy, and how foolish he was today, i am sure he will be n trouble as kabir and Malvika would think that Manav is the one who did this .

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Zannat.AeDilHaiMushkil-FreeSpirit-

AeDilHaiMushkil IF-Rockerz
AeDilHaiMushkil
AeDilHaiMushkil

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by KhotaSikaShreya

@ Avantika: Same pinch! I was thinking of you and how right you were. Dang you. LOL
ROFL Honestly, They've turned Manav into a cartoon and I'm enjoying it nonetheless.. Unless of course he doesn't spell more trouble for Kabir and #Kaya.. 

The only reason I couldn't post the long review I usually do today is because I came out of one meeting, watched the episode and ate lunch at the same time in a rush, and then rushed to another. Now that I'm free I can reply to your review with what came to my mind as I was watching. LOL

The Handshake - Apart from the fact that it was done in slow mo to accentuate the point, I loved the stride. There was pride in it, but not arrogance. There was pride that he had been right and more so pride that at least one person in the office had believed him. If you noticed as he was looking around everyone who had suspected his intellect was looking away. Without actually saying it he was saying "Ha" to each of them. And what I liked more was the look on Ananya's face. Because it was exactly what I was thinking. My heart was beating fast even though I knew what was going to happen. It was like seeing one of my crushes in front of me and he was acknowledging me and only me. Kabir's "you did" to Malvaika spoke so much in just 2 words. It was like reminding Malvaika that she may just be taking things too far.

Yep! Ironical, don't you think that this very man sits on the edge of drowning himself in grief! Ouch

Ronnie - Honestly every time they show that sad face of his I just feel like hugging him. I don't think they'll make him vamp though. This is a finite series so they have a lot to concentrate on already. If they started making Ronnie a vamp then this show could go on for years Ekta style. *Everyone gives 3 different reactions for this.* Tongue

Ohh.. I'd be really happy if they don't.. He's a sweetheart.. Embarrassed

Tarini's call - I totally missed this part. Thanks video uploaders. *sarcastically* Ermm Now I have to wait for Setindia to upload the video. I kept wondering why he told Tarini that she can leave the house now. Well that explains it.

Daru and Devdas - I feel like here Kabir was weighing the 2 options he had. One was to drown himself in his griefs and drink and the other was to rise above it all and try to move on. And the way Tarini asked "agar ghurana band ho gaya ho toh isse undar rakh doon" told me she saw this often. He was testing himself and he may just keep one bottle to do exactly that. I don't like the way they've reasoned out his past either. I keep hoping there's more. There's more that will explain so much more. But if this is what they're showing, then so be it. I guess we'll just have to see it ironed out a bit more.

Yupp.. She seems to know him really well, and yet Kabir switches off the instant she reminds him of his past self.. Maybe, he's not ready to open up even to her.. Wonder why! 

Tarini and Kabir - Well the love triangle is already there. Kabir and Ananya will fall for each other, Ronnie loves Ananya, from the way Tarini was looking at Kabir it looks like she loves him, Malvaika has got a school girl's crush on Kabir, Manav is possessive about Malvaika...god help me! But then again this is also something believable. Realistic.

Triangle! Holy Mother.. Noo.. This is a freakin maze.. Wacko

The highlight of the episode - If you said the questionnaire I would have taken the bottle that Kabir was holding and thrown it at you. Tongue (Just kidding btw.) Totally. That balancing act...it was too good. But the best part was the smiley. I never expected to see Kabir even reply to the text, but then he smiled and then he sent the smiley. The moment he smiled, a change came over his whole personna. And the teasing...again so harmless, non-OTT, and real.

Sheesh! Noo.. I wanted to hide myself under my bed.. Ouch
Yeah.. Under the mask, he seems to be a very warm and jolly person.. How I wish Ananya unearths all of him soon... Day Dreaming

The cafe scene - If there's ever a time I felt like burying a hole, it was this. I almost forwarded through the whole part because in a show that relies so much on reality, this cafe scene and the questionnaire were just too dramatic for me. Sorry CVs but you've lost me on this one. I don't like. Thumbs Down

Ditto! One could actually pass it off as mindless, harmless gossip.. But not in #Reporters.. 

The new story - Another interesting and sensitive issue has been brought to the forefront. I like how Reporters deals with about one issue a week and each is as real as it gets.

Khalid - Heck the one and only time I actually liked him is today. He was hilarious!

ROFL I know! I was in splits watching him laugh.. 

Ray of hope - Heck I never thought of that. Ah what a great payback that would be. Clap

Yupp! Exaactly.. Evil Smile

Thank you! And Gooday!  Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MetisZannat.

Zannat. IF-Dazzler
Zannat.
Zannat.

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
Loved you post Smile
_symphony IF-Sizzlerz
_symphony
_symphony

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
Avni when I was watching the epi, I so knew today we shall have so much to discuss, and actually, so much happened today. So much to reflect upon. And you actually worded each of my feelings so aptly in your post. Loved your take, specially regarding the handshake and the smiley scene. EmbarrassedSmile

Acc. to me each of these moments were really significant in their own way.

The walk and the handshake - Ok now I have to accept it took me at least a few seconds to catch my breath there...Rajeev looked breath taking in that suit EmbarrassedDay Dreaming I srsly wonder how could Ananya control herself LOL It was a sheer delight to see Kabir walk into KKN with his head up, contrary to the day when he entered the office and was left distraught with the accusing looks in everyone's eyes. There was so much dignity in his step but no haughtiness. I must say the cvs and Rajeev almost did poetic justice to that scene. Kabir looks around and sees the people who were till yesterday accusing him are applauding him tonight, but his eyes are stuck on the one who stood by him through all this. Who trusted him when no one did. And how much it meant to him...it was all written over his face! Embarrassed And his eyes were stuck at her all through it...when Tarini called or when Malvika hugged...only she occupied his thought.

The Kabir-Tarini scene - Again so much reflection of Kabir's past in it but nothing made clear except the fact that his wife was not satisfied with his professional life and his financial condition, which in a way also explains his hunger for power. Seems the cvs want us to speculate what else it can be and probably that's the quality of an effective narrative. Anyway, Kabir did prove his innocence but whatever happened has affected him a lot. When that scene started I felt the hurt was probably about his link up with Tarini and his wife's betrayal, but when he went on to think about Khalid and Malvika's words, i realized it was more. It was about his character and dignity being questioned, It was about the lack of trust his own people showed towards him. And just when he is about to give into his sorrow comes his stupid reporter's text...just at the right time Wink Ohh how much i loved that moment...his li'l momentary smile...it was like for a second Ms Ananya Kashap had gifted a piece of her uninfected innocent happiness to him. Embarrassed It was so amazing to see how her cute gesture helped him overcome his moment of self-pity while she basked in the bliss of a smiley from her hero! Aww :-)

But as soon as Tarini mentioned about the visible change in his mood, he became self-concious...once again indicating reaching Kabir Sharma's heart is still a far off terrain for Ananya...she still has a hefty task before her which she stupidly has made more difficult for herself by including those stupid questions suggested by Trisha and company in her once decent questionnaire. D'ohStern Smile

The scene near the printer: Two things i really liked here - 1) Ananya wore a well-fitted top today flaunting her toned figure 2) Kabir wore a bright color - RED! Embarrassed Seems it was straight through my wardrobe post LOL Thanks a lot cvs for listening to us Wink She reaches to fetch the questionnaire but he is already there making her face fall and she almost fumbles. I just so love it when Ananya does her cute gestures in front of Kabir LOL But his reply about how he can still help himself again indicate he is not much comfortable basking in Ananya's warmth and support for him...it kinda makes him vulnerable, which in my view is both good and bad. Good because he internally somewhere acknowledges she is affecting him but externally he does not want himself to expect anything from anyone again, so he will keep Ms Kashyap at bay, at least till the best of his capabilities.

Rest what happens to Ananya for circulating those insensitive questions about Kabir's personal space seems to be seen, I wish she confesses her mistake and Kabir finds out it was Manav who circulated the papers to everyone not her. But still she deserves some punishment...some silent treatment/avoiding can do wonders Wink

PS1 Can't wait for Kabir to do BBB of the clown - Mr. Manav...he so hell deserves it.Angry Wonder what Kalid and Malvika's reaction would be when they know the truth.

PS2 Dunno why i have this thought in my mind that while solving this new case by herself( herself because her hero will be angry on her and she wont be able to share her findings with him) Ananya might land herself in trouble and Kabir will come to her rescue...its just a guess or may be a wish.

PS3 Thankyou cvs for the hot red tee...you made my day! Heart

Edited by Malika - 07 May 2015 at 4:50pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Zannat.AeDilHaiMushkil-FreeSpirit-

Metis Viewbie
Metis
Metis

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Fantasia_junkie

Originally posted by KhotaSikaShreya

ROFL Honestly, They've turned Manav into a cartoon and I'm enjoying it nonetheless.. Unless of course he doesn't spell more trouble for Kabir and #Kaya..  Honestly he's fully like a guy at work. The guy at work is so comic that no one takes him seriously because we know even though he hates that he can't be promoted he'll stay. ROFL That makes watching Manav twice the fun for me.

Yep! Ironical, don't you think that this very man sits on the edge of drowning himself in grief! Ouch

And yet the very thought of being able to bring an ounce of truth out saves him from it and then every time Ananya helps him along in her innocent and crazy way saves him again. He's sitting on that edge that just seems to be getting farther and farther from him as could be seen from the smile today.

Yupp.. She seems to know him really well, and yet Kabir switches off the instant she reminds him of his past self.. Maybe, he's not ready to open up even to her.. Wonder why! 

If you think about, his wife may have left him because she thought Kabir and Tarini were having an affair. Maybe Kabir doesn't want to burden Tarini with this truth. It could weigh her down more than having outsiders think the same.

Triangle! Holy Mother.. Noo.. This is a freakin maze.. Wacko

If any of us ever solve this maze then I think the Reporters' CVs will be out of a job. LOL

Sheesh! Noo.. I wanted to hide myself under my bed.. Ouch I couldn't even do that given I was at work. I just quickly forwarded right through it. I got the gist of it even by forwarding.
Yeah.. Under the mask, he seems to be a very warm and jolly person.. How I wish Ananya unearths all of him soon... Day Dreaming Maybe that was his past and now he's trying to bury that. How lovely it would be to see him laughing openly, smiling openly, and doing small but silly things. Day Dreaming

ROFL I know! I was in splits watching him laugh.. 

I was expecting an angry outburst in between it. I was waiting for the saas reaction, but he just kept laughing and enjoying and laughing and enjoying. If anything today was also a day of surprises. First Kabir smiling, then Khalid actually laughing and enjoying, and then Manav's truth coming out...

Thank you! And Gooday!  Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Zannat.

Go to top