Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

But i did say its ridiculous that Imran/ Arjun by  more than Katrina/ AliaπŸ˜† But Kangana here is talking about absolute equality which is just not practical IMO..Equality is never an absolute term..Equals should be treated equally..The established male stars defo have bigger BO clout & command a bigger opening than every single female superstar..So why exactly should they be paid equally?  

I didn't interpret her statement in that way. I think she is speaking in general, where men are paid more just 'coz of their gender. If she is demanding a pay equal to that of her seniors like the Khans then it's pretty foolish.. it's like me demanding a pay equal to that of my boss. Sounds quite foolish. 

I just think she is addressing the prevailing unfair discrimination in the industry. Her statements sound pretty normal to me...just the article looks exaggerated. 
Edited by .krackjack. - 9 years ago
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Imaloser

Queen almost earned the same as Shahid's Haider..but still Shahid was paid more for his movie than Kangana? How does this make sense?

P.S: Shahid is a much established and serious actor than Kangana.

But when did i ever say Shahid has star power? If Shahid doesn't have star power, Kangana doesn't either..Infact, most of the female stars don't..If you notice, i used to the word ' established male star' by which i din exactly mean experienced/ senior actors..Should have been clear with my answer..I was referring to the Khans, Akki, HR, Ranbir etc. who all can guarantee a good/ decent opening..Which Kangana or most female stars cant..Its a fact..So i don agree with Kangana's stance on absolute equality..While there is disparity, if she wants absolute equality, she'l get it the day she/ any female actor atleast manages a 15/ 20 crore opening ( not even counting the Khans here cos 30+ is out of reach πŸ˜†)
rogerrocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: .krackjack.

I didn't interpret her statement in that way. I think she is speaking in general, where men are paid more just 'coz of their gender. If she is demanding a pay equal to that of her seniors like the Khans then it's pretty foolish.. it's like me demanding a pay equal to that of my boss. Sounds quite foolish. 

I just think she is addressing the prevailing unfair discrimination in the industry. Her statements sound pretty normal to me...just the article looks exaggerated. 

I don know..Her statement sounds pompous/  borderline arrogant here..Its just the way she has worded it πŸ˜† Her ' i'l make sure' sounds off but then thats just me..Kangana really annoys me at times with her attitude πŸ˜†
TheekThaak thumbnail

I don know..Her statement sounds pompous/  borderline arrogant here..Its just the way she has worded it πŸ˜† Her ' i'l make sure' sounds off but then thats just me..Kangana really annoys me at times with her attitude πŸ˜†

Oh ok... πŸ˜† It's just that I have seen many actresses speak about it earlier..so I kinda found her statement to be pretty normal that way. But then again..it's just me probably...😊
rogerrocks thumbnail

Okay then lets take Ranbir's besharam (not doing roy but his starpower was used to pull audience) and Amitabh's  latest movies! 

Besharam opened at 20 crores despite disastrous promos & terrible songs..Can Kangana manage that even with a brilliantly made film? If yes, then of course she deserves to be paid as much as Ranbir πŸ˜†
Edited by rogerrocks - 9 years ago
rogerrocks thumbnail

20 crore opening and 35 crore lifetime run? its better to have a low start and then a good box office run which only few can do now a days. i hope kangana is able to do that with tanu weds manu 2 but lets see what happens

The lifetime depends on the content though..Opening only indicates the star power of the actor in question..Beyond that, its totally dependent on the WOM..TWMR will do well if its a great film..It has nothing to do with Kangana's star power..Besharam despite being a pathetic film opened well cos of Ranbir..Thats all am trying to say..Male stars/ rather the established ones have more BO pull so you cannot ask for equal pay unless you are capable of delivering something similar..
TheekThaak thumbnail
Ok..the discussion between roger and imaloser is pretty interesting and funny at the same time. πŸ˜†
rogerrocks thumbnail

if it depends on content then why movies like shamitabh, finding fanny,lunch box didnt do well..both shamitabh and ff had star power too.

Because Shamitabh/ FF had bad WOM? Shamitabh had terrible reviews & the WOM was bad too so how exactly will it do well? And Dhanush is not an established star in Bollywood by any means..And by content, i mean good WOM..CE might be a bad film for many but it had great WOM reason why it sustained..So yeah, for a film to sustain after a good opening, you need positive WOM more than anything else..
rogerrocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: .krackjack.

Ok..the discussion between roger and imaloser is pretty interesting and funny at the same time. πŸ˜†

Haha i cant believe am discussing this..Cos am pretty bad at all this..BO collections, star power, WOM etc. πŸ˜†
TheekThaak thumbnail

Haha i cant believe am discussing this..Cos am pretty bad at all this..BO collections, star power, WOM etc. πŸ˜†

No..i'm just saying this because you are being very sincere while arguing...as in you even missed your signature πŸ˜† emoticons. I have no idea why I find this funny...I just feel drunk somewhat..don't mind meπŸ˜†