Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Baar Phir
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Baar Phir

Shlok And Sojal (Page 13)

chitsss IF-Dazzler
chitsss
chitsss

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dsr11

okay before it goes out of hand and people have their foot in their mouth, let me clear that this chitsss and that twitter chitsp are not one and the same as far as i know. that chitsp is chits1 here.
i dont have to defend chitsss but as far as i have known her on the forum, she always criticized with a clean heart and with the intention to help them correct themselves than with intention to mock their physical appearances like some people with wonderful sense of humor do all the time here and also on social media!

Thanks Rekha Wink .

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dsr11k.taddy1234

chitsss IF-Dazzler
chitsss
chitsss

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Prads

Originally posted by chitsss

Originally posted by BabyBearFan

during chawl track, Astha was appropriately dressed and made up, but Sojal used to be in heavy make up and silk sarees though her dal dabba was empty. There are other occasions too. Jaane de. This will be a never ending discussion.

for make up, i wont be that harsh on sojal. her make-up used to be gaudy in the very beginning of the show, but she got better with time and i always thought that she is very well dressed. she is a beautiful girl. though i don't particularly like her new hairstyle. she was constantly brushing off those bangs when they were acting in a sad scene at AM when anjali died. it was very distracting. even aastha used to wear see through sarees to work, which is totally inappropriate! everybody had their fair share of mistakes when it comes to costumes or make up, so i wont specifically crucify sojal.

Rekha, agree on makeup. Only Sita dressed appropriately. Dont remind me of Aastha's see through sarees , in what world was it formal? Bur then she never went to 'work'... office was soley for groping sessions with hubby. I am just glad she didnt wear satin nightgowns. Even now her sarees and accessories are more chameli than thakurain.
I like how Geeta and Shal carry themselves, very graceful.

Well PH hs always been partial towards sm1's wordrobe..then wat can any1 do??

Shrenu looks absolutely stunning evn if she s not wearing any costly desinger saris..she s a beauty..period..

Prads , I don't feel the PH has been partial to anyone in particular. None got appropriate costumes. When I criticize the costumes , I am obviously talking about the dress / makeup unit and not the actors. They wear what they are given. Confused Like Vidya Balan once said , actors are meant to act.
I haven't degraded or questioned Shrenu's looks anywhere in my post.Me finding Shal and Geeta more graceful is not meant to suggest that either.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

k.taddy1234

chitsss IF-Dazzler
chitsss
chitsss

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sathia007

@ Rekha @Chittss @Saji @Prad

Nothing personal !

I just want to share my practical experience about dress for working ladies !!!

I am a full time working lady since completion of my primary education in medicine !!! I myself wear Western clothes as I live and practice in Western world.

However, I have seen many lady doctors to wear Aastha's type sarees in India. In their views, these are easy to wear/ easy to maintain/ easy to commute by wearing these type of sarees/ easy to maintain during rainy season and do not need to iron much !!!!! - I can not define them as unprofessional or bad doctors !!!! They defintely maintain their in- built professional persopnalities - well respected & very successful in lives !!!! But defintely I have not come across any doctor with heavy akward make up, in my life !!!!!!

Though I myself do not like any chiffon or net sarees !!!! -

@Sathia , I live and work in India. Spent most of my professional life in Mumbai or Bangalore. From what I have observed females here wear netted or gaudy sarees only when there is a 'Ethinic' day at work. Smart kurtis and leggings seem to have become working India's favourite formal wear , for the reason you stated , easier maintenance , commute etc. Chiffons , georgettes and cotton sarees are also considered formal. But netted sarees are a definite no. Any HR with an ounce of common sense would pull you up for not following the dress code.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sathia007k.taddy1234

chitsss IF-Dazzler
chitsss
chitsss

Posted: 10 May 2015 at 11:29pm | IP Logged

Nothing personal !

I am a full time working lady since completion of my primary education in medicine !!! I myself wear Western clothes as I live and practice in Western world.

However, I have seen many lady doctors to wear Aastha's type sarees in India. In their views, these are easy to wear/ easy to maintain/ easy to commute by wearing these type of sarees/ easy to maintain during rainy season and do not need to iron much !!!!! - I can not define them as unprofessional or bad doctors !!!! They defintely maintain their in- built professional persopnalities - well respected & very successful in lives !!!! But defintely I have not come across any doctor with heavy akward make up, in my life !!!!!!

@Sathia , I live and work in India. Spent most of my professional life in Mumbai or Bangalore. From what I have observed females here wear netted or gaudy sarees only when there is a 'Ethinic' day at work. Smart kurtis and leggings seem to have become working India's favourite formal wear , for the reason you stated , easier maintenance , commute etc. Chiffons , georgettes and cotton sarees are also considered formal. But netted sarees are a definite no. Any HR with an ounce of common sense would pull you up for not following the dress code.
in my opinion , all the sexy netted sarees at work are indicative of a tendency to objectify women as instruments meant for sexual appreciation.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Sathia007dsr11k.taddy1234

k.taddy1234 IF-Sizzlerz
k.taddy1234
k.taddy1234

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 7:48am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Prads

Originally posted by BabyBearFan

during chawl track, Astha was appropriately dressed and made up, but Sojal used to be in heavy make up and silk sarees though her dal dabba was empty. There are other occasions too. Jaane de. This will be a never ending discussion.

for make up, i wont be that harsh on sojal. her make-up used to be gaudy in the very beginning of the show, but she got better with time and i always thought that she is very well dressed. she is a beautiful girl. though i don't particularly like her new hairstyle. she was constantly brushing off those bangs when they were acting in a sad scene at AM when anjali died. it was very distracting. even aastha used to wear see through sarees to work, which is totally inappropriate! everybody had their fair share of mistakes when it comes to costumes or make up, so i wont specifically crucify sojal.

Rekha, agree on makeup. Only Sita dressed appropriately. Dont remind me of Aastha's see through sarees , in what world was it formal? Bur then she never went to 'work'... office was soley for groping sessions with hubby. I am just glad she didnt wear satin nightgowns. Even now her sarees and accessories are more chameli than thakurain.
I like how Geeta and Shal carry themselves, very graceful.

Well PH hs always been partial towards sm1's wordrobe..then wat can any1 do??

Shrenu looks absolutely stunning evn if she s not wearing any costly desinger saris..she s a beauty..period..

Prads , I don't feel the PH has been partial to anyone in particular. None got appropriate costumes. When I criticize the costumes , I am obviously talking about the dress / makeup unit and not the actors. They wear what they are given. Confused Like Vidya Balan once said , actors are meant to act.
I haven't degraded or questioned Shrenu's looks anywhere in my post.Me finding Shal and Geeta more graceful is not meant to suggest that either.
agree on this
k.taddy1234 IF-Sizzlerz
k.taddy1234
k.taddy1234

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 7:50am | IP Logged

Nothing personal !

agree with u this... in professional enviorment u never ever wear net Saree.. Becoz it totaly lloks out of the place... and never consider professional and formal wear

Go to top