banner credit goes to ashlesha banner credit goes to riddhi CHAPTER-10[[center] BEGIN AGAIN[/centre]
The soft rays of sun gently stroke his sleeping face as he frowned at this sudden, disturbing attack of nature on his sleep. Blinking sleepily but rapidly to shake of the sleep from his tired eyes, he thought sulking a little that how early the sun came out today. Trying to stifle his yawn, he stretched his hands and neck which were aching due to sleeping in uncomfortable position. He tried to get out of the bed but something or rather someone prevented him from doing so. He looked down only to be greeted by the most beautiful sight he had ever witnessed. There was Zoya, sleeping peacefully with a small but content smile playing on her lips while she hugged his left thigh as if it was some teddy bear. Looking at her face refreshed all the events of yesterday night in his mind. He looked above and thanked almighty again for saving her. He again looked down but this time with a smile as he saw her frowning babyishly as the sun-rays disturbed her in the same way in which it disturbed him few moments ago. With great amused he saw her scooting more closer to him and hugging his thigh more tightly while burring her face in it, snuggling to block the annoying rays. Asad remembered how last night he was sitting beside her on the bed and fell asleep like that only. He chuckled quietly at the cuteness of the sleeping angel beside him. Fondly stroking her hair , he dropped a light kiss there and slowly detangled himself from her, careful not to wake her up. He came out of the bed and covered her more warmly with the blanket. Though Zoya at first frowned at the lack of his warmth but then again went back to slumber , clutching the blanket. Asad drew the curtains of the window so that she could sleep peacefully and after admiring her for few more minutes, went outside to call the doctor for her check-up.
Asad was waiting outside the room as the doctor was checking on her inside. As soon as the doctor came outside, Asad couldn't hold back his anxiety anymore and started bombarding him with questions about her health. The doctor smiled at his worry and said, patting his shoulder-
- She is absolute fine now Mr. Khan. No need to worry. If you want, you can take her home today but make sure that you get her checked again by some doctor tomorrow. Though we have removed all the poisons from her body but still she needs full rest for few days as she is still very week. You can go and meet her now. Asad thanked him again and again for making sure that she was out of danger. As the doctor walked away, Asad entered the room to find her awake and in a half-sitting position. As if sensing him, she looked up from her lap and gave him a tired but honest smile which was reciprocated by a warm one from his side. He was about to ask her about her health but before he could do so, the caretaker and his son came to the room. They had stayed outside the room whole night to make sure that they could help this lovely couple whom they had come to like so much in this short span of time. The elderly man caressed Zoya's hair affectionately and thanked god for keeping the child safe. Zoya wasn't fully unconscious when all these was happening. So she was vaguely aware about how these two kind men had helped them. She and Asad both again thanked them profusely for their selfless help and in response to this the elderly man said with a smile-
-There is no need to thank us my child. Allah can never let anything wrong happen to his children. He wanted us to help you and so he brought us in your way. It was his way of helping his people.
- And moreover that whose husband loves her so much, how can anything happen to her? Your love will bring her out of all dangers like this. The younger one added with grin and Asad's wide- with-shock eyes immediately darted towards Zoya who was lost in her own thoughts and hence didn't heard anything. He heaved a sigh of relief that she didn't heard anything as otherwise it would have been really awkward for both of them. They all chatted there for some minutes while the two men enquired her about her health and by the time they went from there, Zoya had again fallen in deep slumber due to tiredness.
After getting the discharge papers from the doctor, Asad gently picked up a sleeping Zoya and carried her to their car which had been repaired and brought there by the caretaker's son, before they left. He carefully secured her in the passenger seat and sat on the driver's seat, starting the car. Though his eyes were on the road ahead but his heart and mind were lost in some other world. He glanced at the passenger-seat where Zoya was sleeping peacefully with her hair flying lightly in the breeze. A sigh escaped his lips as he remembered how he didn't correct the caretaker and his son when they were assuming them to be a couple. Though his mind tried to reason with him saying that he did it because he didn't want to hurt their feelings but his heart knew that the reason was much stronger than that. With each passing moment his heart and mind were creating a more and more bigger war in him, making him restless. He recalled how he called her sunshine', a name which was only reserved for HER, a name with which never called anyone expect her but at the same time a name which naturally came out of his mouth when he saw Zoya slipping into darkness. All these emotions which were creating havoc in his heart were something completely new yet familiar to him. Unknown to him, his heart had already started to recognize this girl as that same little angel but his rational mind held him back with the shackles of logics and facts.
He entered the house with a still sleeping Zoya in his arms to find all the family members looking at them with confused and worried eyes. He hadn't told them anything about all this, knowing very well how panicked they would be and now he knew he had a lot of answering to do. So he first signaled everyone to stay quiet as she was sleeping and took her straight to her room. After tucking her in, he came out of the room, closing the door behind him to come face to face with his worried family. Sighing, he told them everything that happened last night in details. As he finished narrating everything, his mother and sister had their eyes filled with tears at Zoya's condition. The three of them almost jumped on Asad throwing question after question at him about her health and he patiently answered all of them. The trio was quite relieved after hearing that she was fine now and just weak. But this didn't save Asad from getting a good doze of scolding from his family for not informing them earlier about it which Asad gladly took, knowing how much they have come to love this amazing girl, in this short span of time. Though Asad wanted to stay there with her, Dilshad knew how much emotionally draining and tiring this incident was for him. So after a lot of pestering from her and assurance that they will take care of her, Asad reluctantly agreed to go and take some rest.
Zoya was sitting on her bed at the middle of night. After sleeping for almost 24 hours, there wasn't any ounce of sleep left in her eyes. Whenever she opened her eyes, she found Dilshad, Najma or Ayan beside her. They all were pampering her so much throughout the day as if she had come conquering a battle. Dilshad had kept trying to feed her something or the other the whole day while Ayan tried to cheer her up with his lame shayaries and jokes. She giggled a little remembering how the youngest Khan, Najma, didn't leave her side the whole day and how cutely she was cursing the snake which bit her. She and Dilshad were insisting on staying there with her in the night but knowing well that they also needed rest, she somehow managed to send them to their room, assuring them that she would care of herself and of course after promising to call them if she needed anything. In spite of all these attention, she still felt something missing and that missing part was Asad. From Dilshad, she came to know that she had sent him to take some rest against his wish and he had fallen asleep. Zoya told her not to wake him up as she knew how tired he would be but still she couldn't stop herself from being sad at not being able to talk to him for a whole day. She remembered his panicked and worried face when she was loosing her consciousness. Her heart skipped a beat and her stomach felt weird as she recalled how his eyes were wild with worry and concern for her. A faint blush came across her cheek at the memory of him hugging her so tightly to his chest the whole time and dropping light kisses in her hair. Her heart warmed at the realization that how much he cared for her. Deciding that she needed some fresh air, Zoya came out of the room and sat on the bench in the backyard. She quietly admiring the black velvety sky, studded with numerous stars when suddenly a steaming cup of coffee came in her view, startling her.
- Take it. Asad softly said, stretching his right hand in front of her, holding a coffee mug. Zoya calmed down hearing his voice and happily took the mug from him, mumbling a thank you. She was surprised at finding him awake at this hour of night but her happiness to finally be able to spend some time with him surpassed all. Asad sat beside her on the bench, sipping his own coffee. Both were silent but the need to fill it with words wasn't felt. It was a calm, peaceful and understanding silence which prevailed in the air. But finally the silence was broken by Asad-
- You're OK? He asked her quietly at which Zoya replied with a dimpled smile-
-I am absolutely alright Mr. Khan. Asad just nodded in response and the silence returned again. Asad knew that though she was trying to put a brave font in front of everyone but she herself was shaken inside with this incident. So he thought to cheer her up. A smile tugged at his lips as he knew exactly how to do it.
-I am really sorry Miss Farooqui. Asad spoke with a serious face and tone.
- For what? Zoya asked in a confused tone as she didn't understand why he was apologizing.
- I am sorry for leaving you alone. I should have known that leaving a trouble-magnet like alone means inviting a huge problem. So I should have kept that in mind. Asad said, trying to maintain his serious face in which he was failing badly as he looked at Zoya's shocked face. Her jaw was almost touching the floor and her eyes were as huge as footballs. She was about retort to his comment when the sparkle in his eyes caught her attention and she immediately understood that he said all that to lighten her mood. She just chuckled shaking her head at his sweet gesture and said-
- You just can't stop yourself from pulling my leg at every single opportunity you get, no? Asad just smiled in reply, shaking his head in denial. He was feeling better after seeing her in a better mood but son his smile faded as real guilt surfaced in his eyes. Zoya, whose eyes were only on him all this time, didn't fail to notice the death of that sparkle in those gorgeous eyes and the change in them. His expressive eyes told her exactly what was going on in his mind. She remembered how he was blaming himself for her state in the car and in that haveli. She knew that it was the time to clear his misunderstanding regarding himself and make him realize that how wrong he was in blaming himself as he was the one for whom she was safe today. She scooted closer to him and gently held his hand. Asad eyes immediately met hers at this unexpected movement. She started to speak seeing his confused state-
- You don't need to be guilty Mr. Khan. Zoya said softly. A small giggle escaped her lips at his shocked expression. He was really surprised that how easily she could read him. Looking at his eyes, Zoya continued confidently-
- Don't you dare blame yourself for all the happenings Mr. Khan. It was not at all your fault. In fact I should thank you for saving my life. If you weren't there I don't know what would have happened to me. Asad was really touched by her words. His guilt decreased at her confidence. He softly squeezed her hand and said-
- There is no need to thank me Zoya. After all this is what friends are there for, right? Now it was his turn to chuckle at the genuine surprise on her. He knew they have never said anything aloud about their relation but may be it was the time they started speaking their heart.
- Friends? Zoya whispered, still not able to digest his direct acknowledgement of her as a friend.
- Yeah, friends. I thought you already know it. He replied casually with a smile as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
- I know but you never said it. Zoya said looking directly in his eyes.
- Because I thought it didn't need to be said aloud, I thought you already know what is in my heart. He said it with such a strange intensity that it forced Zoya to break their eye-lock. She was looking at the other side when suddenly a flash of violate came in her view. She turned towards him to find him extending a dairy-milk bar towards her to take, with a cute smile. Zoya felt like all of a sudden she was transported to her past where a 10-year-old boy was offering a chocolate to a 6-year-old girl, under the bed. Mumbling a quick No, thanks', she averted her gaze from his face to control the dull ache in her heart. Though a little disappointed at this, Asad didn't loose hope. He felt like he knew exactly what to do and he just followed his heart. He opened the rapper in a painfully slow manner, making all sort of possible noise in the process and as if God was also with him in this plan, he saw Zoya longingly at the chocolate from the corner of her eyes. He laughed mentally at her child-like behavior and started talking to himself in a mock sad tone-
- Well, now when you have refused to eat this, I have to finish it. After all I can't waste food. He opened his mouth to take a bite of the bar when Zoya snatched it from his hand. Not wasting a single moment, she took a huge bite of the heavenly desert, relishing each atom of it with closed eyes. This time Asad laughed openly at babyish cuteness. Zoya also soon joined him with eyes still closed, realizing what happened.
- Friends? Her laughter stopped at his husky voice. She opened her eyes to find him extending his hand towards her. One look at his smiling eyes and she knew what to do.
- Friends. She echoed his word with a certain confidence. She took outstretched hand in hers for a handshake and as soon as their eyes met, a sense of dj vu engulfed them. The moment marked the beginning of something new yet something old as they sat there chatting and sipping their coffee and for Zoya, eating her chocolate in between. The smile never left their faces and the moon above them also smiled brightly at his two old companion with a blessing to always keep them together.
Hey guys. So I am finally here with an update, after ages. I won't say what took me so long because if I start to talk about my problems, it will be longer than the update
I know it was a little short but I was necessary for the coming updates. You guys can be sure about the fact that next one will be up in 14 days. So till then let me know how do you find the update. And i will reply to all the previous comments tomorrow. sorry and Thank you
Edited by asya7 - 05 November 2015 at 5:04am