Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

My son's soul can now rest in peace, says Ravindra Patil's mother (Page 11)

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hedwig_fawkes

I grew up in India and if you had asked me this before I went to college, I would have said 50% seems too high too. But my undergrad research project was on synthesis of drugs to treat latent TB and my professor has been working in this field for 25 years and has many drug patents to his name. He told me this statistic. But when you come to think of it, how would you know if you had latent TB, no one tests for it or shows symptoms. There is a reason why Indian students going to the U.S. have to mandatorily be tested for TB and many are surprised to know they have the strain.

According to this WHO fact sheet, 1/3rd of the world population has latent TB

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs104/en/

Isoniazid and Rifampin are very good drugs for Latent TB. But have to be continued for MONTHs to get rid of it completely. 
It's a pretty evasive bacteria.

Edited by desigal90 - 07 May 2015 at 2:51pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hedwig_fawkes

HippoSucks Goldie
HippoSucks
HippoSucks

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 2:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pallavi25

[QUOTE=HippoSucks]
You or I cannot imagine the kind of mental torture this guy went through, threatened and intimidated from all sides. His own police force bosses were pressurizing him to retract his statement, he was probably being intimidated by the mafia. 

The mafia theory seems more plausible since even his family abandoned him. What would make a man's own mother and brothers abandon him in such a situation?
Fear of death probably...Ouch
I would say this guy did have immense courage to report against Salman in the first place. Its a pity his own police force, his own family didnt help or support him, but went against him.

My simple question is, if he had the mental strength to testify against Salman for the car case, why didn't he file a case against him for being threatened to change his statement? If he was scared of his life, he shouldn't have persisted to testify. If he wasn't scared, then he should have charged Salman for threatening him. Not start drinking alcohol and other nonsense.

hedwig_fawkes Goldie
hedwig_fawkes
hedwig_fawkes

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desigal90

Originally posted by hedwig_fawkes

I grew up in India and if you had asked me this before I went to college, I would have said 50% seems too high too. But my undergrad research project was on synthesis of drugs to treat latent TB and my professor has been working in this field for 25 years and has many drug patents to his name. He told me this statistic. But when you come to think of it, how would you know if you had latent TB, no one tests for it or shows symptoms. There is a reason why Indian students going to the U.S. have to mandatorily be tested for TB and many are surprised to know they have the strain.

According to this WHO fact sheet, 1/3rd of the world population has latent TB

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs104/en/

Isoniazid and Rifampin are very good drugs for Latent TB. But have to be continued for MONTHs to get rid of it completely. 
It's a pretty evasive bacteria.

Yes, isoniazid is commonly prescribed in India. For 6 months, I believe.

And of course, the dreaded cocktail for MDR :)
commotion1 Senior Member
commotion1
commotion1

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
Did sachin tendulkar responded to this,i would be disappointed if he supports Bhai.

Mehr-k

HippoSucks Goldie
HippoSucks
HippoSucks

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 3:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by commotion1

Did sachin tendulkar responded to this,i would be disappointed if he supports Bhai.

He's far too sensible to say that Salman is innocent. And he hasn't said anything on the matter yet as far as I know.

Chippeshwini

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 3:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by HippoSucks

Originally posted by pallavi25

[QUOTE=HippoSucks]
You or I cannot imagine the kind of mental torture this guy went through, threatened and intimidated from all sides. His own police force bosses were pressurizing him to retract his statement, he was probably being intimidated by the mafia. 

The mafia theory seems more plausible since even his family abandoned him. What would make a man's own mother and brothers abandon him in such a situation?
Fear of death probably...Ouch
I would say this guy did have immense courage to report against Salman in the first place. Its a pity his own police force, his own family didnt help or support him, but went against him.

My simple question is, if he had the mental strength to testify against Salman for the car case, why didn't he file a case against him for being threatened to change his statement? If he was scared of his life, he shouldn't have persisted to testify. If he wasn't scared, then he should have charged Salman for threatening him. Not start drinking alcohol and other nonsense.

Why did Salman drink alcohol and drive? Blame the culprit, not the victims or the witness!

Do u have any idea what is the reach of the Mumbai/Dubai underworld? They killed a rich, famous music producer like Gulshan Kumar ( owner of T Series)

Then what chances would a poor constable have against those supari killers? 

The Bhailog will do anything to protect their Bhaijaan, kill, maim, target the witness's family...

How do u know they didnt threaten to kill Patil's family?

What guarantee was there that the police would protect Patil when they didnt even want him to testify?

If Patil had testified in court he would have died right then instead of several years later.

Patil was just "Being Human"...he ran away to save his own life and probably lives of his loved ones.
All human beings can fear for their lives...especially in the face of threat from the most dangerous mafia goons in the region.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Mehr-kAnnaElsanoor321Veni-Vidi-ViciYD.AH

commotion1 Senior Member
commotion1
commotion1

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by HippoSucks

Originally posted by commotion1

He's far too sensible to say that Salman is innocent. And he hasn't said anything on the matter yet as far as I know.

Now that would be totally entertaining if sachin supports law and how Bhai fans can go against sachin LOL
In the war btw sachin vs Bhai I wanna see who wins.
Scorpio_Velvet IF-Sizzlerz
Scorpio_Velvet
Scorpio_Velvet

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nonam

if the man was such an upstanding policeman, and salman was driving, why did he let salman get in the car drunk?
and seriously someone dying from tb is now salman's fault too?
the fact that noone from his family helped him, salman controls that?
it's sad the way he died, but the far reaching theories are sort of ridiculous 

Seriously? Pathetic to see people demeaning even the dead in their desperate attempt to justify Salman. He didn't even bother taking a driving license. And he's supposed to listen to some police constable? For the record, Patil asked him to slow down and not even take that turn according to his testimony. Sallu didn't even listen to that. As if he's some 3 year old waiting to listen to wisdom provided by others. 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveeAnnaElsaMehr-kChippeshwiniVeni-Vidi-ViciNimbuMirchipallavi25YD.AH

Go to top