Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: HippoSucks

If a man has earned money by his hard work (I am a bit hesitant to call acting "hard work"), then he isn't going to give it to every person in need. India alone is home to over 300 million people living below the poverty line. One man can't help them all. Whatever charity a man does is his wish, and Salman certainly engages in it quite a lot.

Whatever charity he did was post this accident. Being Human was founded in 2007 the same year Patil lost his life - the irony. This whole 'being human' persona was a  consciously and meticulously calculated move on his part esp his PR Reshma Shetty to create a positive and humane image and the same was used by the defense lawyer to use it in court.
HippoSucks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Piyatrix

Whatever charity he did was post this accident. Being Human was founded in 2007 the same year Patil lost his life - the irony. This whole 'being human' persona was a  consciously and meticulously calculated move on his part esp his PR Reshma Shetty to create a positive and humane image and the same was used by the defense lawyer to use it in court.

I would expect defense lawyers to realize that if there is enough evidence to convict someone, their public image is of no importance to the court. No one would spend however much he did on charity just for a slim chance of lessening his sentence slightly.
--Ariana-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Even if he feels no guilty conscious or has no regrets whatsoever, God will never forgive Salman Khan! He may be able to getaway with all his crimes on Earth, but one day he has to show his face to the one who is most powerful... And i hope dat whenever that day comes, he is not spared...he will be punished by God in the most harsh way! It would have been better if he had repented it here and accepted his sentence 13years back... But now any of his apologies or anything wont matter...because 2 people died bcoz of him... 1 of them died just so dat Salman cud save his ass...The other died coz Salman cared too less about anyone else... Others lost their limbs and means of livelihood... So many people suffered because of him... No amount of charity will be able to bring back the dead! One day he has to face all of this!

I would expect defense lawyers to realize that if there is enough evidence to convict someone, their public image is of no importance to the court. No one would spend however much he did on charity just for a slim chance of lessening his sentence slightly.

LOL wasn't "his image" one of the points used by the prosecutor to get his punishment more harsher so his fan following can learn a lesson or two ? The Irony that just got run over... ðŸ˜†

It is a different matter that factors like stress, lack of nutrition, financial support and poverty have little to do with tuberculosis, making it an incorrect depiction of the medical condition.

Flaring up of TB is multi factorial. Many factors affect one's immunity. So s/he does have a point cuz there are many direct and indirect associations why TB flares up and why one dies of it. 
HippoSucks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Fiery-Phoenix

Flaring up of TB is multi factorial. Many factors affect one's immunity. So s/he does have a point cuz there are many direct and indirect associations why TB flares up and why one dies of it. 

Tuberculosis is very rarely caused by some immunodeficiency. Most cases of active tuberculosis occur in people with absolutely fine immune systems.
Surreal_Dreams thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
May your soul Rest in Peace.. It is absolutely disgusting how Sallu's fans are still siding him with their illogical comments.. Really surprises me big time..

Tuberculosis is very rarely caused by some immunodeficiency. Most cases of active tuberculosis occur in people with absolutely fine immune systems.

Most of the articles I have come across about TB, first one on the top is usually HIV as one of the major risk factors. So I am not much aware of the stats you're quoting. You may be right given I ain't much of an expert in epidemiology, actually dislike epi and stats from bottom of my bleeding heart ðŸ˜†

Also many die of TB cuz of the lack of resources to get treated. Now I am talking generally since we aren't aware as to why Mr. Patil died. 
Edited by Fiery-Phoenix - 8 years ago
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@Fiery : How reliable are these articles? Doctors ask not to rely on google for any kind of medical information, but these articles do make some sense to me...however, I don't exactly know how credible they actually are.Edited by .krackjack. - 8 years ago
taurean12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Fiery-Phoenix

Most of the articles I have come across about TB, first one on the top is usually HIV as one of the major risk factors. So I am not much aware of the stats you're quoting. You may be right given I ain't much of an expert in epidemiology, actually dislike epi and stats from bottom of my bleeding heart ðŸ˜†

Also many die of TB cuz of the lack of resources to get treated. Now I am talking generally since we aren't aware as to why Mr. Patil died. 

Tuberculosis is a bacterial disease which is caused by a very resistant pathogen once it gets in our body. It can lay dormant for years (latent TB) before flaring into active TB showing the appropriate symptoms. Some people develop active disease faster than others. Any thing that compromises the immune system can worsen existent TB conditions or cause active TB to manifest itself. I am sure being in jail and being malnourished did this man no favors as far as is condition goes. Another point to be made is people who live or work in prisons are at a higher risk of catching TB due to the crowded and unsanitary conditions..so it's possible that this poor man caught the disease while going to prison for saying the truth..