Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: SindhuMenon

Thanks Abhay..What happened today...Did not see u .

Sindhu,
Suffered from the shock of last episode.
And a bit busy in making a blog post and my own work.

Welcome back Rashmi. :)

Rasika29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
hey Abhay have sent you PM with translation...I am yet to translate the last Shloka though.

Have a look and let me know if it helps...😃
Edited by Rasika29 - 8 years ago
history_geek thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rasika29

hey Abhay have sent you PM with translation...I am yet to translate the last Shloka though.

Have a look and let me know if it helps...😃

Rasika,
It was extremely helpful. I can't thank you enough for such a help. Please take time to translate the last shlok, i will wait. :)

I was able to join so many dots from that translation. Will be posting soon about the same. You will understand then, what i mean. :))

history_geek thumbnail

Rasika,
Thanks a lot, first of all. Your help made this post possible.😊
BTW, I replied on previous page also. :)

Hi all...

Posted some information related to the Battle of Haldighati. A rare stone inscription about this battle was recently found in Rajasthan. After a lot of treatment with various cleaning agents, the inscription appeared readable. The inscription was in Sanskrit language. The English translation of the same is given in the post.

And this is an appropriate time to discuss the same. 

18th June happens to be the 439th anniversary of the Battle of Haldighati, which was fought between the forces of Mughal Emperor Akbar and Rajput King MahaRana Pratap on 18th June, 1576. The battle is quite famous. 

Here is the LINK for that Blog Post :

RARE Inscription about the Battle of Haldighati ON it's 439th Anniversary

Thread in MP Forum :
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4403626

SindhuMenon thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: history_geek

Sindhu,
Suffered from the shock of last episode.
And a bit busy in making a blog post and my own work.

Welcome back Rashmi. :)

@bold: 😆😆😆

ABhay, Rashmi - right now I am just enjoying our Leads performance. bas that's all, what else to do. I kept away logics, my reasoning's everything.

Today in fact, Pari got to do something than the normal worrying, crying scenes. For a change I was happy and loved her performances. RT shined in that Zombi look as well. Just looking at this and forgetting the rest.
SindhuMenon thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rashmi81

Hi Sindhu welcome to India.

Wanakkam.
🤗
today for the first time I watched an episode of that laboni item .😆
Baap re how u  guys were bearing this torture ? Isse Accha they shut the shop.
Still for me Ruku is the ultimate Daayan.
So Jajo had a remarriage ðŸ˜• but no Ameris here for remarriage ?
Were they afraid of bearing the expenses of extravagant wedding again for the second time ? 
Chalo remarriage is a big trend in soaps.
But that Suhaag raat was Toh hilarious .😆
Jo all possessed by the ghost and ready to pounce on Jalal.Well can you please tell me whether the ghost was of laboni or Mohan .😆Because the hunger in her eyes made me think so.
And Jalal was wasting his time so much .😆 Seems that nobody gave him a medicine starting with "V" as a gift .Doesnt he need at this age .😉
Jokes apart if any wife starts behaving like this all of a sudden ,the husband will really get a panic attack .

Thanks rashmi. On my way shortly. Will Miss u all. Talk to u all in 3 to 4 days.
history_geek thumbnail

Hi all...
Another post... Hope you enjoyed the previous one..

Today is 18th June -- the 439th Anniversary of the Battle of Haldighati, about which an article has been posted few hours back.

It also happens to be the 439th death anniversary of Chetak - the horse of Maharana Pratap - who was no ordinary horse, whose faithfulness to his master is still a thing talked about in Rajasthan. While we pay a lot of tributes to the rulers in history, let us spare some time and remember this horse who remained faithful to its master till its end. 

On this day, posting an article about Chetak - the Maharana's legendary horse. The names of the Maharana and Chetak are inseparable & theirs is an eternal~~legend & an unforgettable tale.

Here is the link of post on Chetak.
I had made this last year also, but this time it is with a change.  :  Chetak-and-Maharana-Pratap with Pictures

Folklore etched their names in gold
Paeans are sung, stories told
Of rider and the brave blue horse
Now, more renowned the horse of course
In harness he died, one great name
Years pass, but not that horse's fame. 

Link of MP Forum thread ::
Chetak - Maharana Pratap | Eternal Legend & An unforgettable tale

Thread in JA Forum ::
2 Posts' Link : Chetak + Stone Inscription about Haldighati Battle

Edited by history_geek - 8 years ago
Rasika29 thumbnail

Rasika,
It was extremely helpful. I can't thank you enough for such a help. Please take time to translate the last shlok, i will wait. :)

I was able to join so many dots from that translation. Will be posting soon about the same. You will understand then, what i mean. :))

Going to read the detailed post Abhay...
I am glad that I could help you in the translation...sometimes it is good to give some exercise to my rusting brain...😆
Rasika29 thumbnail

Rasika,
Thanks a lot, first of all. Your help made this post possible.😊
BTW, I replied on previous page also. :)

Hi all...

Posted some information related to the Battle of Haldighati. A rare stone inscription about this battle was recently found in Rajasthan. After a lot of treatment with various cleaning agents, the inscription appeared readable. The inscription was in Sanskrit language. The English translation of the same is given in the post.

And this is an appropriate time to discuss the same. 

18th June happens to be the 439th anniversary of the Battle of Haldighati, which was fought between the forces of Mughal Emperor Akbar and Rajput King MahaRana Pratap on 18th June, 1576. The battle is quite famous. 

Here is the LINK for that Blog Post :

RARE Inscription about the Battle of Haldighati ON it's 439th Anniversary

Thread in MP Forum :
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4403626

Awesome post Abhay...😃 Now I understood what you said about connecting the dots...

One has to agree that Sanskrit is a language where even a single word says a lot of things and a single verse can be explained over many pages...😳

PS: Was about to reply yesterday but my data-pack got exhausted so had to wait till today morning
Edited by Rasika29 - 8 years ago
history_geek thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rasika29

Going to read the detailed post Abhay...
I am glad that I could help you in the translation...sometimes it is good to give some exercise to my rusting brain...😆

Thanks a lot for the help Rasika. I had been trying for long to get it translated, and could not approach many people due to paucity of time. Your help was so timely. :)

BTW, I will try my best to prevent your brain from rusting, in future. ;)