Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Don't worship these celebrities. (Page 19)

HippoSucks Goldie
HippoSucks
HippoSucks

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 3:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pallavi25

Originally posted by HippoSucks

Originally posted by Fiery-Phoenix

LOL, the problem ain't sleeping on the footpaths. The problem is drunk driving which can kill anyone anytime anywhere, be it footpath, roads, shops or even while you're enjoying the breeze in your front yard. It's that simple a concept that even a pea brain can decipher...

Although one shouldn't be sleeping on roads in the first place, since they would die by a driver who isn't under the influence as well...

Sleeping on the footpath, not ROAD! Gawd! Im getting tired of repeating the same thing! Sigh...Sleepy

The road is for driving...FOOTPATH is NOT for driving!

Normal, sane, sober drivers DO NOT drive their cars up on a footpath and kill passersby, bystanders, walkers or sleeping people. 

Drunk drivers who have no control over their senses, who senses are impaired by alcohol SHOULD NOT DRIVE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I know that they were sleeping on the sidewalk, I was just talking about the bolded part I quoted.Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25

MrsAkyurek IF-Dazzler
MrsAkyurek
MrsAkyurek

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 3:15pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by .Veritaserum

Originally posted by Rhino2close2car

First off why would I feel bad for someone who did not achieve anything in their life except living on the street ???? If they are screw ups its not my fault . 2ndly not just them but all of the country needs to get them off the street or this will sadly keep happening 

What the actual f**k?!!!! Are we serious? If so, there is just no point in having a debate. But here's a little something to educate yourself, because I can't even...I am bereft of words.

Have to disagree if you are talking about Canada. There are numerous construction jobs for uneducated people. You can go to houses and shovel snow everyday, cut their grass etc.

Please don't take it literally. Talking about the plight of poor people in Canada wasn't my point. It's to put in the forefront that laziness and penury aren't directly correlated. As simple as that. In fact I just posted the first hit when I searched for "poor people are not lazy" on Google.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Veni-Vidi-Vicipallavi25

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 3:59pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by desigal90

You're right.
EXCEPTIONALLY stupid is more like it. Western wannabe

The Western culture does not promote such idiotic beliefs at all...

Actually it does! Most Conservatives/ Republicans in US have the same mentality, they think poor people are lazy, thats why they are homeless or dependant on welfare!

What these hypocritical, privileged pricks deliberately dont acknowledge is that those poor people are born into poverty, they never get proper education (thanks to lack of funding schools in poor districts)...///they never get a chance in life, they dont get proper jobs, they have to work minimum wage jobs at fast food joints or Walmart...jobs that  pay so little that they cannot afford decent living... cannot afford proper food, shelter, healthcare etc.

Those privileged Conservative pricks are born with silver spoons in their mouths and never bother to know how it is to be born poor and live a life of constant struggle for existence!

All these conservatives do is try to cut social programs, unemployment, welfare, school lunch programs...they deprive benefits from the poorest of the poor! They are really Satanic!

This is why I believe in Rebirth...I hope all those heartless, insensitive conservative pricks are born in really poor places in their next birth...like Somalia for example...and then maybe their souls would learn empathy and sympathy...just maybe...

Edited by pallavi25 - 07 May 2015 at 4:00pm

IAmLuvBolly

HippoSucks Goldie
HippoSucks
HippoSucks

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 4:09pm | IP Logged

You're right.
EXCEPTIONALLY stupid is more like it. Western wannabe

The Western culture does not promote such idiotic beliefs at all...

Actually it does! Most Conservatives/ Republicans in US have the same mentality, they think poor people are lazy, thats why they are homeless or dependant on welfare!

What these hypocritical, privileged pricks deliberately dont acknowledge is that those poor people are born into poverty, they never get proper education (thanks to lack of funding schools in poor districts)...///they never get a chance in life, they dont get proper jobs, they have to work minimum wage jobs at fast food joints or Walmart...jobs that  pay so little that they cannot afford decent living... cannot afford proper food, shelter, healthcare etc.

Those privileged Conservative pricks are born with silver spoons in their mouths and never bother to know how it is to be born poor and live a life of constant struggle for existence!

All these conservatives do is try to cut social programs, unemployment, welfare, school lunch programs...they deprive benefits from the poorest of the poor! They are really Satanic!

This is why I believe in Rebirth...I hope all those heartless, insensitive conservative pricks are born in really poor places in their next birth...like Somalia for example...and then maybe their souls would learn empathy and sympathy...just maybe...

Not fully correct. They think that homeless people in those respective developed countries are lazy, weak etc. And I don't exactly see what is wrong with that mentality. There is a wide, wide range of well-paying jobs available for uneducated people which are labor-intensive. The unfortunate part is the mentality of homeless people in those countries. They do a cost-benefit analysis. Rather than work in the sun as a construction worker for 10-15 hours a day, many prefer to sit on the streets and get enough money (most of which is used for smoking/alcohol).

The situation is quite different in developing countries where there aren't even many labor-intensive jobs available.

I know many, many people who were born in to a decent house but then grew up and were left without a house due to their laziness. Of course this is anecdotal evidence but we can easily extrapolate and see how that must be a somewhat common thing. People are rarely "born" poor from generation to generation in such countries.
briahna IF-Sizzlerz
briahna
briahna

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
a drunk driver can easily run over an innocent crossing the street.
they ain't only looking for the footpath sleepers to run over.

what next...lets clear the road for the drunkards.

Edited by briahna - 07 May 2015 at 7:01pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ColossialPharma3DejaPoolovely_ladyMoodyblueatominisVeni-Vidi-ViciAbhiLovesShreya

DejaPoo Goldie
DejaPoo
DejaPoo

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by briahna

a drunk driver call easily run over an innocent crossing the street.
they ain't only looking for the footpath sleepers to run over.

what next...lets clear the road for the drunkards.

+ 1

Is it too hard to get that, the issue is not the people sleeping on the pavement, but Salman being irresponsible by driving under the influence of alcohol! Even if no one was killed, it still would have been wrong! Period!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ColossialVeni-Vidi-Vicipallavi25

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 5:07pm | IP Logged

Even those conservatives I"ll give some benefit of doubt to, because for the most part, the U.S has programs that help people out. Education is theoretically free until High School. If someone was determined, it is possible to get out of poverty. Not easy, but possible. Not to mention the amount of financial aid available for college.
Compare that to India and Pakistan. If you're born poor, you'll probably remain poor by the one simple fact that DECENT education costs money.
There are no laws against child labor. Families employ young kids in manual labor or begging to scavenge more money. It's a vicious cycle and very FEW break out of it! How do you move up the ladder when the first step itself is so damn high? Education is your key to life. 

My Afghan friend here in California has 5 siblings. Parents don't speak a word of English and recent immigrants. She and her two younger siblings all went to a really great undergrad school and now are on their way or becoming engineers. In the US, there's a lot of value in being a self made man. It's all about work your way up, or work by the boot straps and achieve the American dream. 

But in desi culture, it's all about family wealth. Shaadi ke time, what does your father do, what did you GRAND father do. Lineage.
It's so damn pathetic. 

In that sense, I think the states have a better value system than the one our desis foster.

Edited by desigal90 - 07 May 2015 at 5:10pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25charminggenie

pallavi25 IF-Stunnerz
pallavi25
pallavi25

Posted: 07 May 2015 at 8:42pm | IP Logged

Even those conservatives I"ll give some benefit of doubt to, because for the most part, the U.S has programs that help people out. Education is theoretically free until High School. If someone was determined, it is possible to get out of poverty. Not easy, but possible. Not to mention the amount of financial aid available for college.
Compare that to India and Pakistan. If you're born poor, you'll probably remain poor by the one simple fact that DECENT education costs money.
There are no laws against child labor. Families employ young kids in manual labor or begging to scavenge more money. It's a vicious cycle and very FEW break out of it! How do you move up the ladder when the first step itself is so damn high? Education is your key to life. 

My Afghan friend here in California has 5 siblings. Parents don't speak a word of English and recent immigrants. She and her two younger siblings all went to a really great undergrad school and now are on their way or becoming engineers. In the US, there's a lot of value in being a self made man. It's all about work your way up, or work by the boot straps and achieve the American dream. 

But in desi culture, it's all about family wealth. Shaadi ke time, what does your father do, what did you GRAND father do. Lineage.
It's so damn pathetic. 

In that sense, I think the states have a better value system than the one our desis foster.

Republicans are trying their best to cut down funding for the schools, cut funds for free lunch programs, for medical care for the poor, they HAVE already cut funds in many states and trying to cut more. 

"Working your way up, pulling yourself up by ur bootstraps" are very easy things to say and do when you are young, healthy and able to work...but what abt the disabled? What abt the injured veterans of war? 
What abt old impoverished people who have no kids to look after them? I have seen 70 yr old men and women who can barely stand, working minimum wage jobs at Walmart. They live a life of genteel poverty till they die from lack of medical care. 
Healthcare is so damn expensive here, poor people cannot even think of it, and even middle class people can barely afford doctors fees and medicines!

At least in India, medical care is much much cheaper than in the West.

US is a much more expensive country to live than India.
 In India and many Asian countries u can still get a decent meal for less than a dollar. You can still get clothing and basic shelter for much less.

Yes, there are many more government shelters, food stamps and other programs for the poor in the West. But I have seen homeless people sleeping on the street in NYC...my friend has seen poor folks looking for food in the garbage cans in Harlem. 
Western countries are not exactly perfect or Utopian societies. But at least the government does try to do something for the people.

Of course poverty is much more widespread in India and other South Asian countries!

Poverty there IS a vicious cycle! Poor rural folks prefer to have more kids so they can help out in the farms. 
When crops fail due to drought, these people move to cities in droves to earn money as daily wage laborers or domestic workers. 
They dont have places to live or sleep, just earn bare minimum to fill their stomach. They somehow survive in those big cities... which they wont be able to in the villages they come from. 

They are forced to sleep on the footpaths as they have nowhere else to rest their tired bodies at night.

Rich guys in their killing vehicles drink and drive over these poor people...those guys are reckless, heartless, callous, inhuman and shd be punished for ALL the LAWS they are breaking.

The pavement dwellers are not just collateral damage. They are human beings too and deserve to get justice! 

Veni-Vidi-Vici

Go to top