Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

PIKU Reviews and Boxoffice collections (Page 97)

--SH7_Sunny-- IF-Achieverz

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jibber-jabber

total collection till now? Overseas + domestic?

#Piku worldwide total is more than 70 cr already.

#Piku [Week 2] Fri 3.10 cr, Sat 5.10 cr. Grand total: 49.62 cr. India biz. Will cross 50 cr mark today [Sun]. SUPERB!

Edited by --SH7_Sunny-- - 17 May 2015 at 1:06pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

--SH7_Sunny-- IF-Achieverz

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 1:08pm | IP Logged

Ethnic wear gets a filmy makeover

It's not just Deepika Padukone's act in the slice of life comedy film "Piku" that got thumbs up, but also her ethnic meets modern' wardrobe. Her stylish and functional look seems to be now hot favourite of many.

"Bollywood-inspired saris and salwar kameez are our largest selling categories and numbers are not going to diminish anytime soon," says online shopping portal Craftsvilla's co-founder Monica Gupta.

With the e-commerce boom, the growth story has further trickled down to the tier II and tier III cities. As a result, the audience in smaller cities and towns now have the option of purchasing them online as opposed to getting them tailored locally.

"We want to build a vertical where Indian fashion is aspirational yet affordable for every woman. We have managed to redefine the traditional Indian wear for women of all ages, who effortlessly balance work and home while still looking their best. The idea is to create a platform which is stylish, with a dash of ethnic," Gupta added

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Kamala05 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 2:02pm | IP Logged
 Today I saw Piku again in cochin with my mother and sister .  My Amma cried literally cause the relationship between Baskor and Piku reminded her of her father  . she regrets that she could have dealt with him more patiently . Yesterday DP told that after watching Piku lot of people wished to adopt Piku,I think she was telling the truth. I mean in this era it is not easy to find a daughter/son who are ready to sacrifice their present and future in order to take care of their parents. 
If the film impressed the majority,the simple reason is wonderful teamwork. ,Story writer, director,edited, actors,all did a perfect job.
Few scenes I liked most;
The scene in which DP watching the school going girls from the window, her face was so innocent and cute,and without any dialogue we know that it was a nostalgic moment for her.
The scene in the car; after Rana supported Piku during the argument with her father , Bhaskor face was like something is gonna happen between these two.
When Piku asked Rana whether he should go today, I liked the unsaid words.
Omg I crave for another Irfan -DP movie, what a chemistry and they didn't even touched each other . But they conveyed the love, respect, care through eyes.  If the actors can emote all these emotions through eyes and through facial expressions , Who needs  lip eating sessions, vulgar romance ?
The best part of the movie is within half an hour we will forget that Piku is DP, Bhaskor is AB and Rana is irfan. DP can do wonders if the director is really talented , not in a single scene I felt that other actors overshadowed her, she was equally good. Irfan was looking bit old in 2 or 3 scenes but who cares , his talent will make everything else meaningless. 

PS: My sister asked me to book tickets yesterday, I said no need to worry , It is 2nd week and it is a family movie without any khans or kapoors , we will get ticket easily , but fortunately she checked the status in book my show in the morning and only few tickets in front row was available in cinemas ,all the other multiplex were house full. Trust me in Cochin it is a rare phenomena  .

Edited by ramyarn - 17 May 2015 at 2:05pm

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

SportsFreak Goldie

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
It's so wonderful to see how Piku is doing well. Considering how people had written it off even before it released it's doing amazingly well. Congratulations Team Piku

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Durudhara IF-Dazzler

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
I just came back from watching Piku at AMC 30 Barrington, IL movie theater was packed. It is still playing in bigger theater. It's an amazing movie with awesome performances by DP,AB, IK & MC.

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva Coolbie

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kimi484

was DID today?
how was it did you watch?
its not uploaded to zeetv youtube yet :(

Yh it was today. She was glowig and very sweet in her praise of the participants.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kimi484 Goldie

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
^thanks armu4eva

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Coldplaying IF-Rockerz

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
Top 2nd Weekends 2015 :: Piku Tops
2015-05-18 10:18:390News
Not only first even 2nd Weekends have been disastrous for Hindi releases this year as only 3 films managed 10+cr 2nd Weekend whereas in all 5 films registered double figure 2nd Weekend..

Piku has been an unexpected entry and it lead with figures little over 14cr followed by Gabbar Is Back at 12.75cr approx.. Next is English release Fast and Furious 7, 4th spot is taken by Akshay Kumar starer Baby.. Last one to register double digit 2nd Weekend is English release sequel to Avengers..

Below are top 5 2nd Weekends of 2015..

Piku.. 14.25cr

Gabbar Is Back.. 12.75cr

Fast And Furious 7.. 12.15cr

Baby.. 10.9cr

Avengers Age Of Ultron.. 10.35cr

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Go to top