Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

PIKU Reviews and Boxoffice collections (Page 95)

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sassenach

Just saw it. It was so good. It didn't feel like I was watching a film it honestly felt like I was given an insight into an actual family. 
I was reminded of how my dad and I squabble and pull each other's legs. I have to say Bhaskor is pretty much a mirror of my dad except, instead of bowel movements my dad keeps complaining about aches and pains. In fact a few weeks ago my dad had some tests done to see if anything was wrong. When the results came back saying everything was fine and good he almost seemed disappointed, just like Piku's dad. LOL

I also found it easy to relate to Piku. I know all about the frustrations of parents nagging and complaining about things and non-existent medical issues. That even if your patience snaps with them often, you can't and will not tolerate others misbehaving with them. That ultimately you would do pretty much anything for them. I was so happy to see that Bhaskor encouraged Piku to be independent in every way be it financially, emotionally or sexually. Imagine how much better the world would be if every father was like that. The fact that a progressive and positive film like Piku is doing so well at the box office is a good sign. 

Now onto the chemistry between Piku and Rana. They were too adorable omg and there wasn't any intimate scenes yet they were soo hot, that speaks volumes for how good their chemistry was. Deepika and Irrfan work so well together and make a cute couple they should work together again. Day Dreaming The acting from everyone was very good. Deepika has improved so much and Irrfan is good as always, Amitabh sometimes overacted but it worked and stayed true to his character. Moushumi Chatterji was cute as mashi and it was nice to see her on the big screen again. The casting is incredible as I can't see anyone else in any of the roles other than them. 

This is getting too long so I'll finish with reiterating that it was a good film and I really enjoyed watching it. Give it a try and maybe take your parents along and show them some love.
Congratulations to Team Piku for a job well done. Thumbs Up
so, you're Piku? LOL

DeepShadow Goldie

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 9:36am | IP Logged
This has to be one of the most sweet, quirky, hilarious and close to home movie of all time. If you have the time and money, do spare a few hours and go watch this movie, preferably with your parents or grandparents.

The performances and characters are phenomenal. Senior Bachan as Bhaskhor is so quirky, funny, annoying yet adorable. Irfan is superb as Rana and has a fabulous comic timing. Love the scene where he has a little outburst in the car. Deepika is just so so so damn good!!! She is going from strength to strength and winning so many hearts along the way. She played Piku with amazing conviction. Special mention to two particular scenes, one being the outburst Piku has towards the climax and the final scene where she is talking to Rana (just that look in the eyes). The subtle romance between Rana and Piku was such a pleasant watch, primarily because Hindi movies are typically rather OTT in their portrayal of love and Irfan-Deepika did have a surprisingly likeable chemistry.

What really caught me by surprise was how closely this mirrored my real life because we all have that one grandparent with constant constipation and this always welcomes opinions and suggestions from family members across the board on the best method of relief. It really gave us a perspective on how hilarious these random discussions are. Something really nice is also the discussion the film generates about children and their responsibility towards their parents. A particular dialogue by Piku in the movie really struck a chord with me, it was something along the lines of "Ek age ke baad parents khud zinda nahi reh sakte, unhe zinda rakhna padta hai." Somewhere, that is so true. I like how the movie NEVER shoves any heavy duty ideas down your throat but rather hints at it as the story goes on and also through the dialogues.

The dialogues, the story, the execution, everything about this movie really has a lot of genuineness attached to it. Fantastic work by Shoojit Sircar, Juhi Chaturvedi and team. I think 2015 has been a really great year for surprisingly good movies like NH10, Dum Laga Ke Haisha and now Piku.

Films like Piku are far and few and with its heart in the right place, it is totally worth a watch... Heart

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Moodyblue IF-Rockerz

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Saw the movie today .It was wonderful and an absolute delight, seemed like a slice of everyday life rather than just a movie.  All the actors played their parts quite well and they had a pretty good script to back it up with. Kudos to Deepika for holding her own against actors like Amitabh, Irrfan and Moushami.
While I love the OTT music band baaja family movies , it is nice to see a film deal with realistic every day problems and not shy away from something as common as constipation and turn it into a life lesson.

jibber-jabber IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 9:41am | IP Logged
I can't wait for day after tomorrow when I'll be posting my own review. Day Dreaming
Armu4eva Coolbie

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 9:41am | IP Logged
DID Supermoms is airing right now on Zee TV.
Deepika is going to be shown on it today. Embarrassed

nonam Goldie

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 9:57am | IP Logged
  1. All evening and night shows of #Piku Housefull in North India. @SrBachchan @deepikapadukone @SnehaRajani

0 retweets0 favorites
  2. Luved Deepika dressin sense in #Piku @deepikapadukone

0 retweets1 favorite
  3. #Piku made me laugh, made me cry. A beautiful movie. You all were not acting but living it @SrBachchan @deepikapadukone @irrfan_k

0 retweets1 favorite
  4. @ShoojitSircar My dad who absolutely hates watching movies of any kind said, "#piku dekhe bhishon bhalo legechhe re". Thank you!

1 retweet2 favorites
  5. @deepikapadukone u rocked in #Piku great balance of a soft inner & hard exterior! couldnt have been done better! awesome!

2 retweets1 favorite
  6. Dear @ShoojitSircar, loved #Piku. @irrfan_k, @deepikapadukone, and @SrBachchan are amazing. Laughed and cried. Touched an emotional cord.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

MyDarkPassenger IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 10:17am | IP Logged
I went to watch this movie with my family..I went 2 hours before the show to get the ticket and to my shock it was houseful and also the next show after that. Wasn't expecting that because it was the second ended up watching in a single screen..even that was houseful. Full!
Now coming back to the movie, it was one of the best I saw in the recent time. A good family movie..enjoyed it a lot. My dad never watches any movie but he really liked it. Most of the things are relatable if you from Kolkata, so that was a plus point. Deepika, Amitabh, Imran they all just lived it..felt for all characters. Got really sad in the end.
Really a good experience! People are loving it...the WOM is really good.
I would give a 5 on 5 :D can't notice any flaw.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

IHeartDeepika. IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 17 May 2015 at 10:20am | IP Logged

Sunday Update. #Piku is going very strong on Sunday. Houseful at many centers. Huge numbers expected today. Watch this space

@ShoojitSircar #piku watching again 2day 8.15 show.. Houseful.. People not getting tickets of first row.. Way to go brother.. All the best..

Nary a dull moment in a packed theater here in the SF bay area! Loved every minute of #Piku. Brilliant work, @ShoojitSircar!

Go to top