Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jibber-jabber thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
total collection till now? Overseas + domestic?
Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Another one

Piku 10th Day Total Collection - 2nd Weekend Box Office Business Report 1 hour ago by boincome 0 (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Piku 10th Day Box Office Collection Deepika Padukone's Piku has beaten the lifetime business of Ranbir Kapoor starrer Roy. Roy had made a total lifetime collections of 44.50 crores nett, but with Piku doing around 48.90 crores after 2nd Saturday, it now surpasses the collections made by Roy. The movie made around Rs 4.50 crores yesterday. Piku's 2nd Weekend collections should stand in the range of 12 crores, which is excellent. The sweet and sour father-daughter relationship has connected well with audience of all age groups. Word of mouth and positive reviews ensured a fabulous opening week for "Piku". The lovable story of father-daughter relationship has been praised by the critics as well. Piku 2nd Sunday Box Office Business On its 2nd Sunday, despite facing a screen crunch thanks to "Bombay Velvet", kept up its stride and collected Rs.6-7 crores approx at the domestic box office. "Piku" now stands at a nett India total of Rs.54.90 crores approx. The family drama has charmed audiences with its storyline, content and great performances. On the other hand the pre released movie Gabbar Is Back is running better on box office. Even if the film makes some profit in this weekend still it has whole next week to survive on box office as the weekdays may prove fatal for its health. Piku is not any typical masala entertainer or some tadka type story, instead it is a very sweet and comedy filled genre that has managed to entertain most part of the audience and still gaining good reviews. - See more at: http://boxofficeincome.in/2015/05/piku-10th-day-total-collection-2nd-weekend-box-office-business-report/#sthash.1Wt8RXmC.6TcL7ZHV.dpuf
Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: jibber-jabber

Domestic seems to be 55cr
International - no one is publishing the fig
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: jibber-jabber

#Piku worldwide total is more than 70 cr already.

#Piku [Week 2] Fri 3.10 cr, Sat 5.10 cr. Grand total: 49.62 cr. India biz. Will cross 50 cr mark today [Sun]. SUPERB!

Edited by --SH7_Sunny-- - 8 years ago
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

Ethnic wear gets a filmy makeover

It's not just Deepika Padukone's act in the slice of life comedy film "Piku" that got thumbs up, but also her ethnic meets modern' wardrobe. Her stylish and functional look seems to be now hot favourite of many.

"Bollywood-inspired saris and salwar kameez are our largest selling categories and numbers are not going to diminish anytime soon," says online shopping portal Craftsvilla's co-founder Monica Gupta.

With the e-commerce boom, the growth story has further trickled down to the tier II and tier III cities. As a result, the audience in smaller cities and towns now have the option of purchasing them online as opposed to getting them tailored locally.

"We want to build a vertical where Indian fashion is aspirational yet affordable for every woman. We have managed to redefine the traditional Indian wear for women of all ages, who effortlessly balance work and home while still looking their best. The idea is to create a platform which is stylish, with a dash of ethnic," Gupta added

Kamala05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
 Today I saw Piku again in cochin with my mother and sister .  My Amma cried literally cause the relationship between Baskor and Piku reminded her of her father  . she regrets that she could have dealt with him more patiently . Yesterday DP told that after watching Piku lot of people wished to adopt Piku,I think she was telling the truth. I mean in this era it is not easy to find a daughter/son who are ready to sacrifice their present and future in order to take care of their parents. 
If the film impressed the majority,the simple reason is wonderful teamwork. ,Story writer, director,edited, actors,all did a perfect job.
Few scenes I liked most;
The scene in which DP watching the school going girls from the window, her face was so innocent and cute,and without any dialogue we know that it was a nostalgic moment for her.
The scene in the car; after Rana supported Piku during the argument with her father , Bhaskor face was like something is gonna happen between these two.
When Piku asked Rana whether he should go today, I liked the unsaid words.
Omg I crave for another Irfan -DP movie, what a chemistry and they didn't even touched each other . But they conveyed the love, respect, care through eyes.  If the actors can emote all these emotions through eyes and through facial expressions , Who needs  lip eating sessions, vulgar romance ?
The best part of the movie is within half an hour we will forget that Piku is DP, Bhaskor is AB and Rana is irfan. DP can do wonders if the director is really talented , not in a single scene I felt that other actors overshadowed her, she was equally good. Irfan was looking bit old in 2 or 3 scenes but who cares , his talent will make everything else meaningless. 

PS: My sister asked me to book tickets yesterday, I said no need to worry , It is 2nd week and it is a family movie without any khans or kapoors , we will get ticket easily , but fortunately she checked the status in book my show in the morning and only few tickets in front row was available in cinemas ,all the other multiplex were house full. Trust me in Cochin it is a rare phenomena  .

Edited by ramyarn - 8 years ago
SportsFreak thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
It's so wonderful to see how Piku is doing well. Considering how people had written it off even before it released it's doing amazingly well. Congratulations Team Piku
Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I just came back from watching Piku at AMC 30 Barrington, IL movie theater was packed. It is still playing in bigger theater. It's an amazing movie with awesome performances by DP,AB, IK & MC.
I
Armu4eva thumbnail
Originally posted by: kimi484

@armu4eva

was DID today?
how was it did you watch?
its not uploaded to zeetv youtube yet :(

Yh it was today. She was glowig and very sweet in her praise of the participants.
Coldplaying thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Top 2nd Weekends 2015 :: Piku Tops
2015-05-18 10:18:390News
Not only first even 2nd Weekends have been disastrous for Hindi releases this year as only 3 films managed 10+cr 2nd Weekend whereas in all 5 films registered double figure 2nd Weekend..

Piku has been an unexpected entry and it lead with figures little over 14cr followed by Gabbar Is Back at 12.75cr approx.. Next is English release Fast and Furious 7, 4th spot is taken by Akshay Kumar starer Baby.. Last one to register double digit 2nd Weekend is English release sequel to Avengers..

Below are top 5 2nd Weekends of 2015..

Piku.. 14.25cr

Gabbar Is Back.. 12.75cr

Fast And Furious 7.. 12.15cr

Baby.. 10.9cr

Avengers Age Of Ultron.. 10.35cr