Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

PIKU Reviews and Boxoffice collections (Page 49)

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 4:13am | IP Logged

Piku Records Highest Opening Weekend Business In The Overseas Circuit 

http://www.koimoi.com/box-office/piku-records-highest-opening-weekend-business-in-the-overseas-circuit/May 11th, 2015 by Koimoi.com Team
Facebook Twitter Google+Shares : 3Comments ( 0 )

Piku starring Deepika PadukoneIrrfan Khan and Amitabh Bachchan in key roles has made phenomenal business on its opening weekend at the domestic box office. The film's main USP has been its content which is winning praises not only from the critics but also the audiences too. Piku currently stands with a collection of 25.22 crores in just three days at the domestic box office.

Amitabh Bachchan and Deepika Padukone in a still movie 'Piku'

Amitabh Bachchan and Deepika Padukone in a still movie Piku'

The film also had a smashing start in the overseas market. After becoming the highest opening grosser in the international circuit, the film has also topped the opening weekend of the year. The Shoojit Sircar film made a business of 12.23 crores in the overseas market.

It has performed its best in the US, Canada and Middle Eastern regions. The film met with huge responses in Singapore too where the film was running housefull over the weekends. Piku has surpassed the overseas collections of other big films of the year such as Gabbar Is BackRoy and Baby.

Edited by Sultan_Of_Swing - 11 May 2015 at 4:14am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

neevee..TooLazy..charismatic-gem..NeverGiveUp..DestroyedInLoveBasiliskdelightful.

Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 4:14am | IP Logged
Piku's overseas collections are nearly 50% of India's collections.
Is YRF also distributing the movie in international markets?
hermione82 IF-Rockerz
hermione82
hermione82

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 4:14am | IP Logged

'Piku' success is victory of audience: Irrfan

Monday, May 11, 2015 19:00 IST

By Santa Banta News Network

Shoojit Sircar's "Piku" has generated rave reviews and roaring applause from movie buffs. Actor Irrfan Khan says the response is a win both for the audience as also for a filmmaker who knows how to entertain and engage with a difference.

"THANKSss to all for the success of @PikuTheFilm. Feeling Great full, hopeful, beautiful and so light. It's the victory of the audience and the new film makers who wants to engage audience on a different level," Irrfan posted on Twitter on Sunday.

"Piku", which stresses on the camaraderie between a father and daughter, is endearing for the honesty with which Amitabh Bachchan and Deepika Padukone, along with Irrfan, have slipped into their respective characters.

Served with dollops of comedy and emotions, the movie is finding fans among all age groups.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveeHZAnitaVedika211..TooLazy..charismatic-gem..NeverGiveUp..DestroyedInLoveSultan_Of_Swing-MariaMars-Basiliskkawal_takdelightful.Beautyful_Mess

mayumi Goldie
mayumi
mayumi

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 4:26am | IP Logged
Now I am not a fan of Deepika. Pretty indifferent to her. But her answering for all the nonsense statements she makes and her PR articles with good work is the best way to answer for all the hate she gets. So kudos for that.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveeHZAnitaSultan_Of_SwingBeautyful_Mess

kimi484 Goldie
kimi484
kimi484

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 4:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hermione82

@kimi
This is true for me as well. I felt at home
Ei path Jodi na sesh hoi or jibone ki pabona - These two songs filmed on two greatest bengali actors, I know much it meant to my parents, I can totally related to the movie
The conversion at dinner table or the progressive father or north Calcutta galis where I spent my childhood was soo alive. I'm feeling nostalgic

khub bhalo legeche 
onek kichhu mone pore giyeche
icche hocche familir shaathe dekhte
father hates melodrama, mom loves all things bangla
they'll love it! i want to watch it again but with them 
khub miss korchi :(

remember chhobi maashi lines?
i loved it. moushumi was so cute 
i just cannot forget her seamlessly saying "senile hogaya buddha" 
to baaku da (bhashkor) rofl

Edited by kimi484 - 11 May 2015 at 4:32am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Vedika211Sultan_Of_Swing

delightful. IF-Stunnerz
delightful.
delightful.

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 4:35am | IP Logged
Finally got the tickets! AH! Going today, right now. SO EXCITED!! Star

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveeHZAnitaTwinkie_Star..NeverGiveUp..ColdplayingSultan_Of_Swing-MariaMars-kawal_takBasiliskBeautyful_Mess

NestleToulouse IF-Stunnerz
NestleToulouse
NestleToulouse

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 4:36am | IP Logged
Spoilers ahead

Just saw Piku and I must say it was a gem of a movie. Motion se hi emotion, such a unique tagline but it totally serves the purpose in this film. Emotion be it through frustration at his antics, his childlike attitude, his tantrums.. through her constant care by seeing to his medicines, monitoring his BP and repeating for the hundredth time that he was just over thinking regarding his health.. through her smile disappearing, tears pooling in her eyes as she watches him lying on the bed after the attack and the relief at hearing his voice the next morning.

She goes by car all the way to Kolkata just for him, just because he vehemently shook his head at the idea of going by flight for fear that his digestive system would be affected. She yells, gets irritated, shakes her head, stomps off but cannot hear a word against him. When Rana asks her if she was really his daughter, she proudly says that she is and adds that she might be a hundred times worse. She argues with him,sometimes feeling as if she has got the bad end of a deal but worries when he has gone off cycling by himself without even a word and breaks down when she knows that she would never get to hear those very tantrums again.

This emotion is love. Love for her father, concern which is evident even when she rages at him. He knows it. He understands his daughter like no one else and neither can he hear a word against her. A relationship so beautiful, this is the story of Piku and her father. Kudos to Deepika for engaging the viewers right from the beginning till the end. Her myriad of expressions will make sure to convey that she cannot be called wooden in any sense. BigB's tremendous performance was no surprise, stalwart that he is. Irrfan too with his subtlety and his expressions was very endearing  and whatever screen time he had with DP, their chemistry was evident.

Overall a sweet and  very relatable film. A must watch for those who want to see a different face of Bollywood. Rating 5/5

Edited by Abhinaya08 - 17 May 2015 at 5:51am

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveePharma3panidarangMannKasturiHZAnita..TooLazy..Twinkie_Star..NeverGiveUp..-Piku-DestroyedInLove-MariaMars-Sultan_Of_SwingGuineaBasiliskdelightful.Beautyful_Mess

Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 11 May 2015 at 4:59am | IP Logged

It's not just a movie. It's a piece that makes you fall in love with the movies again. Piku is just amazing. Kudos @ShoojitSircar.

True love for @PikuTheFilm #Piku so endearing and so many tears all at once. Thank you @ShoojitSircar and @writeonj. What a journey!#Love

One of the finest family drama films I've ever seen. Touching, Teary, funny and yet an extremely gripping tale!! #Piku

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

..TooLazy....NeverGiveUp..-MariaMars-DestroyedInLovekawal_takBasiliskdelightful.

Go to top