Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

PIKU Reviews and Boxoffice collections (Page 33)

kimi484 Goldie
kimi484
kimi484

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 3:02pm | IP Logged
In overseas, Piku has taken the BIGGEST opening day for a Bollywood film in 2015.
Joginder Tuteja 

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveexroshnixHZAnita..TooLazy..Twinkie_StarHermione..kawal_takBasilisk-MariaMars-delightful.

IHeartDeepika. IF-Sizzlerz
IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 3:02pm | IP Logged
Lots of tweets on how it's housefull at various places Thumbs Up  A better release date and more promotions would have definitely helped give it a bigger opening but the great WOM is also helping. Hoping for a good Sunday too.  

@tpabhi: @deepikapadukone all nearby theatres #PIKU was house full so saw it10 kms away from home with entire family and it was worth it. Kudos !!!!!

@Arsl_Malik: @deepikapadukone @kumartaurani @ShoojitSircar @SrBachchan @irrfan_k In Pakistan house is full and in cinema every one shouted PIKU PIKU PIKU

@bobspop: Back after watching Piku from a full house Priya cinema...@ShoojitSircar take a bow for producing another slice of life...brilliant

@mystique1131: @deepikapadukone can't get ticket for #piku waaah in madurai the show is full so must be really good

@partyypants: it was house full here in pakistan like woahhh deepika, u gotta stop being this cute. It was perfect @deepikapadukone wanted more of piku

@kalpanakakade: @SrBachchan #piku...nice & cute acting by you...well supported by Deepika & Irfaan..a must watch movie.it was full house at sterling.

@being_rahul007: Mam waiting to watch PIKU becoz #notickets till Wednesday HOUSE FULL IN CHENNAI @deepikapadukone

Edited by IHeartDeepika. - 09 May 2015 at 3:05pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveexroshnixburnedlace..TooLazy..Hermione..-MariaMars-BasiliskBeautyful_Messdelightful.

Beautyful_Mess IF-Stunnerz
Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
Why is the budget so high -_-

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Basilisk

xroshnix Goldie
xroshnix
xroshnix

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 3:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Piyatrix

Where is Masand and Chopra reviews? on which page?

Here
xroshnix Goldie
xroshnix
xroshnix

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
*May contain spoilers*

The New Indian Express

A Heartwarming Baggage of Quirks

By Reema Moudgil

• Film: Piku Director: Shoojit Sarkar Cast: Amitabh Bachchan, Deepika Padukone, Irrfan Khan

Satyajit Ray would have approved. Shoojit Sarkar goes back to his roots literally and cinematically with Piku, a film about nothing in particular when it trundles, carrying a baggage of eccentricity and family history from Delhi to Kolkata in a taxi. But in retrospect, it is about the little things that make up our lives and relationships. It shows us without seeming to, why it is important to be present in a moment with those we love, no matter how challenging they are, because only when we are present can we look back without regret.

The film opens with intimate glimpses of a household in the throes of a difficult morning, topped by the complaints of a constipated patriarch while the daughter starts the day's washing and tries to keep her sanity. And yes, there is the Satyajit Ray portrait the entrance. A Jamini Roy or two. Truckloads of books and medicines, sounds of cooking and life as it unfolds in your home and mine.

Ray is also resurrected in the way Shoojit captures the momentousness of seemingly insignificant moments. When Deepika Padukone's luminous Piku looks out from her family home's window at a bunch of young girls and perhaps recalls her own childhood; when she sits on the steps of a ghat in Benaras, trying to find her centre; when she is clicking the restful landscape from the window of her taxi, in an attempt to escape the suffocating confines of her life. We see the close-up shots of food the family eats, the books they read. We see a beautiful sunset lighting up a chair with a commode on top of a taxi and realise that life can be beautiful in the most unlikely of situations. As when a hypochondriac old man cycles with the wonderstruck eyes of a child through the streets of his youth,  he watches a young girl play harmonium through a window, makes his way through traffic, eats kachauris and jalebis at a hole-in-the-wall stall and for once, the overwhelming preoccupation with death and disease leaves him. These little moments of joy, we learn, make the sum of life.  Not the suffering, not the constant carping about blood pressure, the connect between "motion and emotion'' but what we choose to see and experience on any given day.

Shoojit also gives us perhaps the most unheroic Amitabh Bachchan we have ever seen. This old man has a paunch, shaggy grey hair, eyes that are lost, stubborn, insecure and curious in turns, and he is a nuisance to every one he meets because his universe revolves around his intestines and their functioning. He clings on to his daughter, swatting any opportunity she has of connecting with a man, though he has no issues with her sexual encounters as long as they don't turn serious and take her away from him.

She is his go-to girl and through constant bickering, the two remain inseparable, with Piku defending him stubbornly when Irrfan Khan as her accidental co-traveller points out that he is a selfish man. Says she, "Ek waqt ke baad ma baap apne aap zinda nahin reh sakte..unhe zinda rakhna padta hai.'' And that is why she plays along with his tantrums, checking his perfect BP, putting up with his overcritical, controlling ways and even agreeing to a road trip from Delhi to Kolkata. Despite the veneer of irritation Piku wears most of the time, it only takes her father breaking into a song to melt her. Watch her well up the moment he is a bit out of sorts and you know Deepika has grown immensely as a performer. She is no longer playing to the camera. She is living a character. She is Piku with her fiery kohl-lined eyes, tumultuous hair, unconscious mannerisms and gloriously expressive face that mirrors her life with all its complications and sudden bursts of sunshine. Yes, Ray would have approved. Irrfan as the man she grudgingly turns to for some relief and companionship, is fantastic whether he is watching father and daughter disbelievingly or fixing an antique Tullu pump in a Kolkata home. Bachchan revisits Anand's Babu Moshai as a septuagenarian Bhaskar Bannerji and paints old age with all its challenges and irritating self-absorption. Watch him as he watches the casual flow of conversation between Piku and Irrfan's Rana, scared that somehow this conversation will lead the two into dangerous territory. His Bengali accent slips in places but he is still the pivot of the film. 

A reminder that we have parents who are as demanding or will be and will need to be loved as unconditionally as they loved us. Mousami Chatterjee is as spunky as ever and Piku is a wonderful study of relationships and is possibly the finest Hindi film ever made on the father-daughter relationship.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveespsharmila..TooLazy..-MariaMars-Basiliskdelightful.Beautyful_Mess

FreeBird03 IF-Sizzlerz
FreeBird03
FreeBird03

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
Just watched Piku! Star
what a sweet adorable film..i made me realize how much I missed watching a movie like this! 

Mr. Bachchan was brilliant..he made me laugh and laugh some more. And Irrfan was just terrific...but when are these 2 not brilliant? Smile Deepika is leaving everyone behind with every passing film...her transformation shocks me...the girls now acts through her eyes..she has come a long long way and easily she is one of the best actress we have today! well done deepika! Heart in the last few scenes she said nothing and still made my cry..

I have to say that my most favorite part about the film was the chemistry between Irrfan and Deepika! Oh my god, ADORABLE is the word! I never thought these 2 could look good together but they just look so so cute...their scenes were just so warm and genuine Heart They need to do a movie together, like really soon!

Piku is not to be missed! 4/5

Edited by SunNaa - 09 May 2015 at 4:37pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveePharma3xyzexroshnixnonamburnedlace..TooLazy..PerpetuumMobileTwinkie_StarBasilisk-MariaMars-purvaBeautyful_Messdelightful.

Basilisk IF-Sizzlerz
Basilisk
Basilisk

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by BeinCumberbitch

What is the budget? I don't think it's going to be like 60 crores or something. I think it might be around 45 crores. But still! That's pretty high for this kind of a movie. If the budget had been around 25-30 crores, then Piku would surely have gotten the hit tag but with such a high budget I think it might be average or semi-hit. They should have chosen a release date with at least 2 free weeks. Oh well, I'm just glad that everyone is loving the film :)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

PerpetuumMobiledelightful.Beautyful_Mess

Beautyful_Mess IF-Stunnerz
Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 09 May 2015 at 5:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AvadaKedavra

Originally posted by BeinCumberbitch

What is the budget? I don't think it's going to be like 60 crores or something. I think it might be around 45 crores. But still! That's pretty high for this kind of a movie. If the budget had been around 25-30 crores, then Piku would surely have gotten the hit tag but with such a high budget I think it might be average or semi-hit. They should have chosen a release date with at least 2 free weeks. Oh well, I'm just glad that everyone is loving the film :)
I think it's somewhere between 35-45
And yes it's high for a movie like this, they probably need arnd 60 cr to get the hit tag.
Which I don't know wld be possible.

IKR?
Same here.
I'm so happy that people are loving it so much, and Dpad is getting so much for this movie
She has come a long way and I cldnt be more proud Star

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveeHZAnitaPerpetuumMobilekawal_takBasilisk-MariaMars-delightful.

Go to top