Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

PIKU Reviews and Boxoffice collections (Page 26)

charismatic-gem IF-Rockerz
charismatic-gem
charismatic-gem

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
Congrats to the team! I had a feeling that the film was going to be endearing, but looks like AB Sr, Irrfan, and Deepika did a phenomenal job with this one

Looking forward to seeing it!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveeSELINA_MVnonam

Beautyful_Mess IF-Stunnerz
Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
No tweet from KJo for Ifran?? Ouch
naadanmasakalli IF-Achieverz
naadanmasakalli
naadanmasakalli

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 3:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by BeinCumberbitch

No tweet from KJo for Ifran?? Ouch

he did tweeted this for irfan

@irrfan_k is so brilliantly understated!! #piku! Loved his quite romance...shoojit sircar has deftly handled this heartful slice of life!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beautyful_Mess

SELINA_MV Goldie
SELINA_MV
SELINA_MV

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Guinea

Just came back after watching the movie . In one word ...delightful Big smile

It is truely a slice of life movie ...tells you piku's life from a usual morning ...rushing to office etc to events which unfold pretty much in less than a week in her life . The end of the movie is also not a closure ...

Its been ages since I last saw a movie in a hall where everyone keeps erupting into laughter , pretty much throughout the movie Smile . The humour is real and you can identify with the characters easily . 

Actors are in top form . This is deepikas best performance ever . I seriously did not think she was capable of it ...she is piku in the film throughout . Ab snr is awesome ...he plays the cranky old hypocondriac , obsessed with his bowel movement to perfection LOL . Irfann is good too but I have seen him playing these " dry humour " roles before ...his chemistry and subtle romance with deepika is lovely . 

The ensemble cast is great ...special mention to moushmi chatterjee . Big smile 

Writing , dialogues are top notch . Direction is fantastic ...it is very brave to make this movie and even more difficult to hold the audiences interest in a story that is pretty much abt a road journey of 3 characters ...amd shoojit manages to do it . 

Everyone ..pls watch the movie Big smile you will walk out with a smile once you leave the theatre . Its a lovely , endearing , beautiful movie ...taken several notches up because of the fab acting by deepika , AB snr and irfaan . 

Might go again to see it this week .
my friends said, they want that no ending for this movie. Meaning it's too good and we can watch it more and more.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Guinea

-allizwell- IF-Sizzlerz
-allizwell-
-allizwell-

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 7:44pm | IP Logged
*spoilers*

PIKU...

I am Bhaskorda...I live in Delhi...Are u married? Na na...I don't have problem with marraige. I just don't like married women sacrificing their independance , sticking to their house chores , I so find them low IQ minds. I like marraige and I tell every man I meet...this is my daughter Piku and she is not a virgin...she is good too...but marraige for her...no...I like marraige u see, but low IQ minds...Hun...she takes care of me, after all, she needs to check my BP, my motions to check all is well...u know sometimes my motions r semiliquid, at morning it is greenish, sometimes yellowish green and sometimes...hmmm I forgot...my Piku tells me to sit with a shade card at the commode for precision...good suggestion...might really help...well I have a useless sis in law who does not have any interest in motions...but has a hobby of marrying...she married 3 times...well...she is a real baggage of nonsense, my wife left behind to rack my brains...

...v will be travelling to Kolkata...I have my home there...my roots...but Piku finds it best to travel by flight...na na...I feel claustrophobic seeing the potty...By the train...again a no...it is shaky and my digestion process might get affected..By road is the best option...so v set to go by car with my simhasan and my caretaker Buddhan...he is an idiot, does not know anything about shit...and well our driver...the owner Rana is an intelligent guy...an engineer but has good knowledge on constipation...he taught me the art of shitting is the best in the Indian style commode...the technicalities which I never knew...I tried it in a hotel...Piku told me to meet her out after our circus...but not very satisfactory...Rana also gave me tips to drink boiled water of tulsi and some other herbs...no...that dint help much either...but I am determined one day I will shit to my hearts content...

After our long journey v finally reached my home...I contoured to the nook and corner of my house...reliving the past moments... remembering the place, the position where my wife lay in her last breath...piku was determined to sell...the house...but I wasn't...I believe emotion is the root cause of motion...

Rana wanted to leave...back to Delhi...he advised me to eat to the hearts content for a good motion...I dint inform anyone and took a tour of those lanes , those buildings, those sweet marts all on a cycle...u know...cycling also helps in constipation? Well...I got lots of yummies and set back home where my angry Piku was waiting to grill me...I ate to my hearts content rejoicing the tour I had been and slept in peace and satisfaction as I had the best motion of my life...my mission was accomplished...

Review...

Words would fall short to describe this movie...a beautiful journey of a father and a daughter and how a strangers entry does change some beliefs in their lives...

Shoojit is fab in direction...has a gripping script with subtle and natural humour...

Actors are all beautiful extraordinarily...in their roles...each one has justified their role to the core...this could be the best of amitabh and deepika's roles they have portrayed so far...deepika was a natural stunner and her chemistry with Irfan stood out though it was all about understanding each other's mind.

Amazing moments...many...a few ones here...
Rana...tumhare papa selfish hain ...it s a fact...
Piku...but he is my father.
rana...phir tum unki maa kyun ban rahi ho?

2.Rana...shaadi kyun nahi lete...
Piku...Asia koi milna bhi chahiye Jo mere baggages samaj sake
Rana...yana tumhare 70saal Bacchae ko adopt karna hoga...
Piku...tum kar loge mujhse shaadi
Rana...pagal hoon kya?

Lessons learnt...

1. It takes an entire life to learn the art of shitting...lots of exploration needed.
2. Never marry a man who has constipation...else u end up having a constipated life.
3. To each his own...principles might differ...but never compromise on your principles of motion...pass it anywhere, anytime...
4. Death and shit don't wait for time, it happens anywhere, anytime...

Morals learnt...
The aged  have a beautiful innocence in them, for them their problems r universal problems, c the world from their eyes, they just need care, concern and their only mission in life might be the silliest one in your belief, respect them still...u will only gain their happiness...their smile...Smile.

Had karan Johar been a director, the movie would have been...Kabhi loose motion, kabhi constipation...!

Edited by -allizwell- - 08 May 2015 at 11:31pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

neeveeSELINA_MVTwinkie_StarGuinea

Beautyful_Mess IF-Stunnerz
Beautyful_Mess
Beautyful_Mess

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 8:08pm | IP Logged
Any news about the Friday figure yet??
Mistyy IF-Sizzlerz
Mistyy
Mistyy

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 8:15pm | IP Logged
Why is this thread so dead, is it because its getting good reviews or salman khan?

Edited by dazzelll - 08 May 2015 at 8:26pm
SELINA_MV Goldie
SELINA_MV
SELINA_MV

Posted: 08 May 2015 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -allizwell-

*spoilers*

PIKU...

I am Bhaskorda...I live in Delhi...Are u married? Na na...I don't have problem with marraige. I just don't like married women sacrificing their independance , sticking to their house chores , I so find them low IQ minds. I like marraige and I tell every man I meet...this is my daughter Piku and she is not a virgin...she is good too...but marraige for her...no...I like marraige u see, but low IQ minds...Hun...she takes care of me, after all, she needs to check my BP, my motions to check all is well...u know sometimes my motions r semiliquid, at morning it is greenish, sometimes yellowish green and sometimes...hmmm I forgot...my Piku tells me to sit with a shade card at the commode for precision...good suggestion...might really help...well I have a useless sis in law who does not have any interest in motions...but has a hobby of marrying...she married 3 times...well...she is a real baggage of nonsense, my wife left behind to rack my brains...

...v will be travelling to Kolkata...I have my home there...my roots...but Piku finds it best to travel by flight...na na...I feel claustrophobic seeing the potty...by the train...again a no...it is shaky and my digestion process might get affected...by road is the best option...so v set to go by car with my simhasan and my caretaker Buddhan...he is an idiot, does not know anything about shit...and well our driver...the owner Rana is an intelligent guy...an engineer but has good knowledge on constipation...he taught me the art of shitting is the best in the Indian style commode...the technicalities which I never knew...I tried it in a hotel...Piku told me to meet her out after our circus...but not very satisfactory...Rana also gave me tips to drink boiled water of tulsi and some other herbs...no...that dint help much either...but I am determined one day I will shit to my hearts content...

After our long journey v finally reached my home...I contoured to the nook and corner of my house...reliving the past moments... remembering the place, the position where my wife lay in her last breath...piku was determined to sell...the house...but I wasn't...I believe emotion is the root cause of motion...

Rana wanted to leave...back to Delhi...he advised me to eat to the hearts content for a good motion...I dint inform anyone and took a tour of those lanes , those buildings, those sweet marts all on a cycle...u know...cycling also helps in constipation? Well...I got lots of yummies and set back home where my angry Piku was waiting to grill me...I ate to my hearts content rejoicing the tour I had been and slept in peace and satisfaction as I had the best motion of my life...my mission was accomplished...

Review...

Words would fall short to describe this movie...a beautiful journey of a father and a daughter and how a strangers entry does change some beliefs in their lives...

Shoojit is fab in direction...has a gripping script with subtle and natural humour...

Actors are all beautiful extraordinarily...in their roles...each one has justified their role to the core...this could be the best of amitabh and deepika's roles they have portrayed so far...deepika was a natural stunner and her chemistry with Irfan stood out though it was all about understanding each other's mind.

Lessons learnt...

1. It takes an entire life to learn the art of shitting...lots of exploration needed.
2. Never marry a man who has constipation...else u end up having a constipated life.
3. To each his own...principles might differ...but never compromise on your principles of motion...pass it anywhere, anytime...
4. Death and shit don't wait for time, it happens anywhere, anytime...

Morals learnt...
The aged  have a beautiful innocence in them, for them their problems r universal problems, c the world from eyes, they just need care, concern and their only mission in life might be the silliest one in your belief, respect them still...u will only gain their happiness...their smile...Smile.

Had karan Johar been a director, the movie would have been...Kabhi loose motion, kabhi constipation...!

OMG! I love your review. Be frank, I love Deepika in FF for acting but I didn't like the story. But, Piku such a wonderful storyline

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..NeverGiveUp..-allizwell-

Go to top