mahalaxmi-sita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
excellent movie... watched yesterday 
wind453 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Finally saw Piku.
Certainly one of the Amazing movie i saw in recent times. No larger than life characters but something you could relate to. Sweet and Simple.
Performance wise all the actors were pitch perfect. Deepika has come a long way, from being someone who used to be called as wooden to someone who expresses/emotes through her eyes👏😳. one of her best performance till date .I hope she signs more such films.

PS: PIKU seems to be going strong as the theater we were watching had 75% occupancy for noon show
Edited by wind453 - 8 years ago
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Piku team continues to promote the movie.
There is a media interaction event today.

Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/fridays-still-affect-amitabh-bachchan/

Fridays still affect Amitabh Bachchan

Amitabh Bachchan said he still gets affected before the release of his movies.

0  2 Google +0
Amitabh Bachchan, Deepika Padukone, Irrfan Khan, Shoojit Sircar, Farhan Akhtar, Aditi Rao Hydari, Vinod Chopra, Piku, Wazir, Amitabh Bachchan Friday Jitters, Big B Friday Jitters, Amitabh bachchan Films, Big B Films, Bollywood News, Entertainment news
In his more than 40 years of acting career, Amitabh Bachchan has braved the box-office challenge innumerable times but the megastar says he still gets Friday jitters.
By: Press Trust of India | New Delhi | Published on:May 15, 2015 4:30 pm

In his more than 40 years of acting career, Amitabh Bachchan has braved the box-office challenge innumerable times but the megastar says he still gets Friday jitters.

"Of course they do," Bachchan said when asked if he still gets affected before the release of his movies.

"There is anxiety and apprehension and jitters on what the audience is going to think about the film," he told PTI in an email interview.

The 72-year-old star is happy and relieved with the response to "Piku", a slice-of-life story about a hypochondriac father obsessed with his digestive system and his overworked daughter.

Bachchan has teamed up with Shoojit Sircar after "Shoebite", which did not release. It is also his second big screen outing with Deepika Padukone after "Aarakshan" while he calls working with Irrfan Khan "a privilege".

"It is always a joy to be in a space that brings smiles on the faces of the audience. Piku' was certainly that space," the star said.

The movie is a family drama and a road-trip rolled in one and Bachchan's experience of working with Bengali directors helped him channel a Bengali father.

"I have lived and worked in Kolkata for 7 years and have a bit of Bengali in my home too (wife Jaya Bachchan)... so yes it made things somewhat familiar!! Also having worked with several Bengali directors helped - Hrishi Da, Basu Chatterji, Dulal Guha, Shakti Samant," he added.

The actor said he did not have any qualms about playing a man with digestive problem in the movie.

"... you must accept the fact that digestive problems' are indeed a slice of everyone's life," joked Bachchan.

Bachchan believes Sircar has not changed much as a director as he "is someone that has done his homework thoroughly, knows exactly what he wants and makes sure that he gets it."

The actor, who wrote a note to Deepika after her performance in "Finding Fanny", believes the actress has evolved.

"Deepika is a most accomplished artist in her own right, and her recent performance is testimony to that. She has evolved to an extent that was most unexpected and I feel great pride in getting an opportunity to work with her," Bachchan said, adding he sends such notes to people whose work he admires.

In his next screen outing, Bachchan will be seen playing a wheelchair-bound chess master in "Wazir".

HZAnita thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wait!  Is this no longer sticky? 😭
jibber-jabber thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
What was today's collection? BV is doing poorly so I don't think Piku business would be affected much. It will have a smooth sailing in the second week.
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hopefully it can do decent this week too. I read some tweets of it getting more occupancy than BV in some theatres. 
rimi2983 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Piku will benefit from a weak WOM of BV.
Infact Piku has a chance of having a good 3rd week run. Many people who have seen it are taking their parents/elders to watch this movie. I watched it alone and now gonna take my parents coz after a long time, there is a movie that we can watch together.

Armu4eva thumbnail
Just watched ETC Bollywood Business with Komal Nahata on Zee ETC channel.
The multiplex owners whom he interviewed (from Ulhasnagar & Rajhans multiplex, Gujarat) for feedback on movies said that the WOM and occupancy of BV is poor, Mad Max is good & likely to go up on weekend, Piku had good occupancy today as well. Gabbar is likely to have good weekend. 

^^ So happy for the whole team. I hope Deepika will continue to try such new subjects and i hope we get to see her, Big B and Irfan work together in some project soon. 😳
kimi484 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail