PIKU Reviews and Boxoffice collections - Page 38

Posted: 8 years ago

'Piku' success is victory of audience: Irrfan

Monday, May 11, 2015 19:00 IST

By Santa Banta News Network

Shoojit Sircar's "Piku" has generated rave reviews and roaring applause from movie buffs. Actor Irrfan Khan says the response is a win both for the audience as also for a filmmaker who knows how to entertain and engage with a difference.

"THANKSss to all for the success of @PikuTheFilm. Feeling Great full, hopeful, beautiful and so light. It's the victory of the audience and the new film makers who wants to engage audience on a different level," Irrfan posted on Twitter on Sunday.

"Piku", which stresses on the camaraderie between a father and daughter, is endearing for the honesty with which Amitabh Bachchan and Deepika Padukone, along with Irrfan, have slipped into their respective characters.

Served with dollops of comedy and emotions, the movie is finding fans among all age groups.
Now I am not a fan of Deepika. Pretty indifferent to her. But her answering for all the nonsense statements she makes and her PR articles with good work is the best way to answer for all the hate she gets. So kudos for that.
Originally posted by hermione82

@kimi
This is true for me as well. I felt at home
Ei path Jodi na sesh hoi or jibone ki pabona - These two songs filmed on two greatest bengali actors, I know much it meant to my parents, I can totally related to the movie
The conversion at dinner table or the progressive father or north Calcutta galis where I spent my childhood was soo alive. I'm feeling nostalgic

khub bhalo legeche 
onek kichhu mone pore giyeche
icche hocche familir shaathe dekhte
father hates melodrama, mom loves all things bangla
they'll love it! i want to watch it again but with them 
khub miss korchi :(

remember chhobi maashi lines?
i loved it. moushumi was so cute 
i just cannot forget her seamlessly saying "senile hogaya buddha" 
to baaku da (bhashkor) rofl

Edited by kimi484 - 8 years ago
Finally got the tickets! AH! Going today, right now. SO EXCITED!! ⭐️
Spoilers ahead

Just saw Piku and I must say it was a gem of a movie. Motion se hi emotion, such a unique tagline but it totally serves the purpose in this film. Emotion be it through frustration at his antics, his childlike attitude, his tantrums.. through her constant care by seeing to his medicines, monitoring his BP and repeating for the hundredth time that he was just over thinking regarding his health.. through her smile disappearing, tears pooling in her eyes as she watches him lying on the bed after the attack and the relief at hearing his voice the next morning.

She goes by car all the way to Kolkata just for him, just because he vehemently shook his head at the idea of going by flight for fear that his digestive system would be affected. She yells, gets irritated, shakes her head, stomps off but cannot hear a word against him. When Rana asks her if she was really his daughter, she proudly says that she is and adds that she might be a hundred times worse. She argues with him,sometimes feeling as if she has got the bad end of a deal but worries when he has gone off cycling by himself without even a word and breaks down when she knows that she would never get to hear those very tantrums again.

This emotion is love. Love for her father, concern which is evident even when she rages at him. He knows it. He understands his daughter like no one else and neither can he hear a word against her. A relationship so beautiful, this is the story of Piku and her father. Kudos to Deepika for engaging the viewers right from the beginning till the end. Her myriad of expressions will make sure to convey that she cannot be called wooden in any sense. BigB's tremendous performance was no surprise, stalwart that he is. Irrfan too with his subtlety and his expressions was very endearing  and whatever screen time he had with DP, their chemistry was evident.

Overall a sweet and  very relatable film. A must watch for those who want to see a different face of Bollywood. Rating 5/5

Edited by Abhinaya08 - 8 years ago
Gaurav Kapur @gauravkapur  

It's not just a movie. It's a piece that makes you fall in love with the movies again. Piku is just amazing. Kudos @ShoojitSircar.

Aditi Rao Hydari @aditiraohydari  

True love for @PikuTheFilm #Piku so endearing and so many tears all at once. Thank you @ShoojitSircar and @writeonj. What a journey!#Love

Rana Daggubati @RanaDaggubati  

One of the finest family drama films I've ever seen. Touching, Teary, funny and yet an extremely gripping tale!! #Piku

I watched Piku here in the US and I loved it. So different from all other movies. No masala no ghisa pita stuff just pure emotion.
  • Box Office: Worldwide Collections of Piku
  • By Bollywood Hungama News Network
The recently released Piku, which stars Amitabh Bachchan, Deepika Padukone and Irrfan Khan, has opened to a good start at the Box Office. With the reports coming in from all quarters of the country that the film is doing brisk business, with plenty of 'motion' at the box-office, Piku certainly seems like a good bet.

In this Box Office analysis, we take a look at the success of Piku, breaking the film's collections into a Day-wise break-up of domestic collections and also tracking the film's Overseas numbers. 

Day-wise breakup for India

DayCollections (INR Cr.)
Day 1 (Fri)5.32
Day 2 (Sat)8.70
Day 3 (Sun)11.20
Day 4 (Mon)
Day 5 (Tue)
Day 6 (Wed)
Day 7 (Thu)
Day 8 (Fri)
Day 9 (Sat)
Day 10 (Sun)
Day 11 (Mon)
TOTAL25.22

Worldwide collections

RegionCollections (INR Cr.)Updated...
India25.22As of 10-May-15
North America (USA and Canada)3.12As of 09-May-15
United Kingdom0.75As of 09-May-15
United Arab Emirates / G.C.C.2.80As of 08-May-15
Australia0.39As of 09-May-15
New Zealand0.07As of 09-May-15
Pakistan
Malaysia0.03As of 09-May-15
TOTAL32.38

NOTE - * denotes trends / figures still being compiled

Disclaimer:
The Box Office figures are compiled from various sources and our own research. The figures can be approximate and Bollywood Hungama does not make any claims about the authenticity of the data. However, they are adequately indicative of the box-office performance of the film(s).
^They haven't updated the overseas collection. The overseas collection over the weekend is $2.10m which is around 14cr Inr.Edited by Coldplaying - 8 years ago
so it did 25 crores on 1300 screens wow